Author Topic: The last patch completely killed the mod  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The last patch completely killed the mod
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 06:34:28 pm »
+6
STR? on EU1 anyway its an agi spam fest with glitchy models and swings. Doesn't seem to matter what armour you wear or your build - you die in just a few hits
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 06:56:19 pm »
131 players online as we speak.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 07:05:30 pm »
Thats 2 servers with over 30 players on a Sunday at prime time.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 07:20:15 pm »
+2
ive said it in another thread, but if the gameplay and stats went back to Strat 4 pre tydeus patch...id play crpg daily for hours, i still play alot of native, im a fanatical warband player i absolutely love it, but right now i just prefer native much more, crpg has little to offer entertainment wise.

and thats just my perspective, its not what others are doing, its me. i dont like being lvl 34+, ive committed to going to 34 at least 4 times with the intent to stay at that lvl. i couldnt do it, it makes the game feel too arcady for me. i either quit or retire every time.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 07:55:50 pm »
+2
I saw this coming a long way off.  "Revival" patch, my hairy ass; the mod is more dead than ever.

A pre-tydeus patch is probably the only thing that would rekindle my interest at this point.  If not, well... I'm free now, at least.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 08:55:20 pm »
+9
Ehh.... mod would be at this stage, with or without revival patch.

Face it... shit gets old  :lol:

If anything, without this patch the mod would be even more dead.... without free respec, we only have 10 people left  :twisted:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 10:35:29 pm »
+3
The game was pretty fucking dead before the patch, had a short revival and now is dead again. I love the new patch and it made me play significantly more than before, but yeah going from one hour to five hours a week isn't gonna revive any servers. These are rough times with many games being released and many people having pre-Christmas tests and stuff for those that are studying.

Offline Dede

• Count
  • Renown: 161
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 11:31:48 pm »
Most of the new armor and weapon textures need to be optimized! The Mod will run better on older systems if done so.

I saw some textures over 5MB, which is relly too much and can be optimized down to 683KB. Saving the DDS Textures on DXT5 format will cause a larger file. DXT1 is the better option to save VRAM(if the armor has no transparent texture parts). Many 2k-Textures could be also resized down to 1k. In-game there will be no visible quality loss at all.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 11:35:21 pm »
+2
Don't think the patch got anything to do with this.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1338
  • Infamy: 356
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 11:44:10 pm »
Most of the new armor and weapon textures need to be optimized! The Mod will run better on older systems if done so.

I saw some textures over 5MB, which is relly too much and can be optimized down to 683KB. Saving the DDS Textures on DXT5 format will cause a larger file. DXT1 is the better option to save VRAM(if the armor has no transparent texture parts). Many 2k-Textures could be also resized down to 1k. In-game there will be no visible quality loss at all.

Actually for most of the stutter and bad performance WSE2 is at fault. Without it, there are serious slowdowns when game is loading models and textures but after that runs smooth and looks crisp. WSE2 minimize that slowdown at start but game turns into a stuttering mess, trembling meshes and picture being unclear.  Also, there are less netcode issues without WSE, game is a lot more predictable.

Offline Dede

• Count
  • Renown: 161
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 01:01:38 am »
+1
Actually for most of the stutter and bad performance WSE2 is at fault. Without it, there are serious slowdowns when game is loading models and textures but after that runs smooth and looks crisp. WSE2 minimize that slowdown at start but game turns into a stuttering mess, trembling meshes and picture being unclear.  Also, there are less netcode issues without WSE, game is a lot more predictable.

Yes, I can confirm the netcode part, but I think the stuttering issues with WSE2 are also netcode related.
WSE2 has a better performance when it comes to FPS, because it uses more Vram and GPU. You can compare the VRAM and GPU-Load between vanilla and WSE2 (with GPU-Z Tool). There is really a significant difference. Vanilla engine uses almost no VRAM, instead it uses more RAM. If the player has an old Hardware with limiting RAM, this will also lead to unpredictable stuff in-game. It can be an advantage or disadvantage over other players.

My point with the optimization is:
Some players have really old Hardware, and they can cause lagg, not only for themselfes but other players too.
With every patch we get more and more armors and weapons. So, optimizing the textures should be priorized before releasing any patch.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 12:07:34 pm »
+3
Did anyone say he quit the mod because of technical issues?

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 05:33:53 pm »
+2
Locked cos negative thread is bad for kickstarter. I shall resume my QQ after KS! If someone wants to move to CoT they are welcome to