Author Topic: Seriously, athletics, agility and speed bonus needs a nerf  (Read 3848 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Seriously, athletics, agility and speed bonus needs a nerf
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2014, 12:49:58 am »
+2
24/21 masterrace. I played it when I was a level 32 pikeman a long time ago (when weapon master was average at best) and I've been using it at level 36 with my 2h after the free respec last patch too. Tried some more agility-heavy builds at 35 with my STF too, but while it can be very effective, it's certainly less consistent than a balanced build.

I don't find the likes of 18/27 better than 27/18 or the other way around, the same as I don't find 12/33 better or worse than 33/12. They are all viable options, performance varying on the map/weapons/playstyle/enemies etc. I find the balance between agility and strength good nowadays.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline spiritus

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Spiritus_de_Deceptio ---- Beeep
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2014, 11:32:45 pm »
You are all dumb nigs, i do far better playing a str build on my STF then playing on my 37 main. You must all just not be the best players since aslong as you can block fine agi builds they shouldn't be that effective since they die in 1 hit. Including some motherfuckers with bowssss.... vick has 1 shot me before with 40 armor, chest shot.

Offline spiritus

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2014, 12:22:47 am »
24/21 masterrace. I played it when I was a level 32 pikeman a long time ago (when weapon master was average at best) and I've been using it at level 36 with my 2h after the free respec last patch too. Tried some more agility-heavy builds at 35 with my STF too, but while it can be very effective, it's certainly less consistent than a balanced build.

I don't find the likes of 18/27 better than 27/18 or the other way around, the same as I don't find 12/33 better or worse than 33/12. They are all viable options, performance varying on the map/weapons/playstyle/enemies etc. I find the balance between agility and strength good nowadays.
This is a good post, not some retard complaining

Offline Macbeth3

• Earl
  • Renown: 379
  • Infamy: 35
  • Meow? :3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macbeth_Plisskin_TheCat Mordecai_Heller_TheCat
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2014, 01:10:49 am »
Yes, if you get hit when running at someone, that's your own speed bonus being used against you.

Getting close to ad hominem, so time to eject from thread.

It's technically the same reason why so many cav die fast. They screw themselves with their own speedbonus. If you feel lucky, run towards the horse and get even more speed bonus. It either does massive damage to the cav, or he hits you first and you kill yourself :D
*Meow* I'm a Cat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2014, 02:58:09 am »
You are all dumb nigs, i do far better playing a str build on my STF then playing on my 37 main. You must all just not be the best players since aslong as you can block fine agi builds they shouldn't be that effective since they die in 1 hit. Including some motherfuckers with bowssss.... vick has 1 shot me before with 40 armor, chest shot.

bullfucking shit spirtus, im callin u out on it. i AM a good player, and u know what? id rather fight a 1 v 2 vs tretter and knightmare on a plated fucking charger than to deal with ur wonky agi-pole bullshit, u are one of the people im actually likely to avoid rather than fight...not that ur better, its just sometimes...i dont care for mass bullshit. same thing with jona and san all the rest of em.

and u and ur playstyle are a walking pile of mass bullshit.

I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2014, 03:36:37 pm »
+2
i do far better playing a str build on my STF then playing on my 37 main.

Yeah, I'm with Plumbo on calling you out on this one. Who is your str character? 

Nothing breaks the game right now more than a lvl 37 agility polearmer, especially with a staff. I don't think the Warband devs had 104 speed weapon+234 wpf in mind when they coded this combat engine.

You killed me the other day with 2 torso hits from an unloomed iron staff (26b). I have 62 body armor, and it usually takes strength builds with ~50c weapons 3 hits to kill me. But speed bonus matters more than power strike right now.

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Icedtea
  • IRC nick: Icedtea
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2014, 04:59:04 pm »
+2
My build right now is 27/15 and its the first time in a long while I decided to invest in IF too and I have to say I notice the damage I deal and the hits I can take on average.

I will normally stay away from agi builds though (certainly with pierce or blunt weapons) until I find some support. Simply I find strength builds better in group fights and agi builds better in smaller groups/duels.

It may just be me but with how flimsy agi builds feel I prefer to get higher strength.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2014, 03:52:56 pm »
Yeah, Sagar is moronic like that. Same guy wanted cut weapons to be useless against plate and all sorts of spergy things.

All weapons should have;

cut, blunt, pierce values and all amour should have those same values and soak levels should be set to each value independently.

That way cut weapons can do fuck all to plate, but their blunt and pierce values will still help them do damage.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Icedtea
  • IRC nick: Icedtea
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2014, 05:38:27 pm »
All weapons should have;

cut, blunt, pierce values and all amour should have those same values and soak levels should be set to each value independently.

That way cut weapons can do fuck all to plate, but their blunt and pierce values will still help them do damage.

Do you mean show them? Because I thought blunt does most damage vs armour and cut least, which is why agi builds tend to favour blunt and pierce weapons to help them deal more damage and str builds don't need to worry so much about armour soaking up hits?

Offline Wolfsblood

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner
  • Game nicks: Wolfsblood_MB, Wolfsfang
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2014, 07:33:45 pm »
All weapons should have;

that is something that i thought should have been a thing along time ago. i recommended it in another mod but i believe that i was told it wasn't possible to have 2 separate damage values on the same weapon with the same swing

Ie: heavy great sword 42 cut and 15 blunt or something on a swing. make it so Armour soak values almost completely ignore the cut for the weapon but have the blunt do the majority of the damage. I mean, I believe that is what great swords were meant to do to armour anyway, bash them in not actually cut. (dont quote me on that though cuase im not entirely sure.)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2014, 05:56:06 am »
The best we could've gotten were different attack types depending on how close you were to the enemy. I think that would've helped differentiate 4d polearms from 2h had it been implemented.

I'm using a strength build right now and it feels fine to me. My biggest weakness feels like my shield breaking too quickly with 2 shield skill.

Offline spiritus

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2014, 09:20:08 am »
Yeah, I'm with Plumbo on calling you out on this one. Who is your str character? 

Nothing breaks the game right now more than a lvl 37 agility polearmer, especially with a staff. I don't think the Warband devs had 104 speed weapon+234 wpf in mind when they coded this combat engine.

You killed me the other day with 2 torso hits from an unloomed iron staff (26b). I have 62 body armor, and it usually takes strength builds with ~50c weapons 3 hits to kill me. But speed bonus matters more than power strike right now.
I probably kicked you and hit you in the head, and it you one hit me. It normally takes forever to kill you, like 6 hits. Beeep is who is i play mostly, whenever i can get loomed heavy armor ill play str. My kd was 5-6 playing str compared to 2-4 when i play agi.

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2014, 10:23:40 am »
+1
i do far better playing a str build on my STF then playing on my 37 main. You must all just not be the best players since aslong as you can block fine agi builds they shouldn't be that effective since they die in 1 hit. Including some motherfuckers with bowssss.... vick has 1 shot me before with 40 armor, chest shot.

I am a dumpster player and I would still agree with spiritus. 30/15 STF any melee spec is easier for me to dominate with compared to 15/30 STF. The play styles are different though, domination happens in different ways.

As a heavy agi you can run like a Ricky Martin to force 1 v 1s all the time and easily come out ahead with s key range control. Farming valor is free, it all depends on how much you want to run, people will always get bored and slip up eventually. You will do well unless you get shot, but your team might still get fucked.

30/15, throw on some plate, grab a heavy hitting weapon and charge the front lines, then get ready to steamroll with a couple teammates. I find this easier than agi kiting because my score will be huge and my teammates will generally still be alive due to my tanking and killing power with the added bonus of being able to laugh off projectiles. if you find yourself against an agi build, either run him down if he is a super dumpster, or take your time and make him come to you. One kick will end it.

seems balanced to me, different roles. my main is 21/21 2h/1h/pole/shielder/cav and i find that balanced too (cav master race. keep complaining about str/agi balance you smelly land-walker plebs)

▲ ▲
visitors can't see pics , please register or login