Author Topic: Arrows Complaint Wine thread  (Read 7069 times)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
Re: Arrows Complaint Wine thread
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2014, 08:46:48 pm »
Saxon has 50 strength though Steevee

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What the hell is his build... I mean, is it even possible to have some agility with that ?

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2014, 08:53:25 pm »
Example from today: Saxon survived 4 body shots from me

Well the truth is them 4 arrows you hit me with were so random in damage i was proper confused, full hp and the first arrow you hit did like 70-80% followed by 2 or 3 more which did next to nothing, its just the fact that no matter how much patience you have there was no chance of me getting to melee distance with you while you had arrows left, even if i did all archers have near enough the same melee output as me so even though i have to endure 4 arrows before i even get to you i then have to fight a fully efficient melee player which i have to hit 2 or more times. its not compatible. you can't have the best of both worlds.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2014, 12:06:24 am »
Well the truth is them 4 arrows you hit me with were so random in damage i was proper confused, full hp and the first arrow you hit did like 70-80% followed by 2 or 3 more which did next to nothing, its just the fact that no matter how much patience you have there was no chance of me getting to melee distance with you while you had arrows left, even if i did all archers have near enough the same melee output as me so even though i have to endure 4 arrows before i even get to you i then have to fight a fully efficient melee player which i have to hit 2 or more times. its not compatible. you can't have the best of both worlds.

Totally can, you wrong, now gibbe plox.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2014, 12:08:13 am »
+1
Frank if you think Horse archery is bad now, you should know its not much different; pre-patch I could literally shoot maple syrup 41 times with a +3 Tatar bow +3 Tatar arrows and to make it worse about 10 of those where headshots not to mention about 10-15 horse bumps from a +3 eastern warhorse. :lol: (He chased me around for 6 minutes and will be the first to tell you how annoying the experience was.) Now you barely go fast enough to do any damage with a horse bump, and your arrows glance 95% of the time and you are limited to about 30 arrows ...GL shooting toothpicks archers.

Xbow got nerfed indirectly as well by the increase in armor and strength that came with the patch.
the nerf directly to it was just weight increase and bolt count decrease which doesn't do a fucking thing since there is no way you could ever use all of your bolts in a round anyway... unless you are using a pea shooter crossbow which does laughable damage anyway.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2014, 12:34:56 am »
+1
still, that was a gg from your sideand you deserve to win, and everyone knows i suck in melee ^^

Can you tell me what build you have?
 Also thanks of info you gave to me I have to test something.

Anyway, that was a nice round and i run out of arrows quite fast, ones i shoot at you were looted.
So my opinion about increasing a bit amount of arrows is good IMO :D
Archer forever :D

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2014, 11:18:34 am »
+1
Frank if you think Horse archery is bad now, you should know its not much different; pre-patch I could literally shoot maple syrup 41 times with a +3 Tatar bow +3 Tatar arrows and to make it worse about 10 of those where headshots not to mention about 10-15 horse bumps from a +3 eastern warhorse. :lol: (He chased me around for 6 minutes and will be the first to tell you how annoying the experience was.) Now you barely go fast enough to do any damage with a horse bump, and your arrows glance 95% of the time and you are limited to about 30 arrows ...GL shooting toothpicks archers.

Xbow got nerfed indirectly as well by the increase in armor and strength that came with the patch.
the nerf directly to it was just weight increase and bolt count decrease which doesn't do a fucking thing since there is no way you could ever use all of your bolts in a round anyway... unless you are using a pea shooter crossbow which does laughable damage anyway.

Prepatch I was getting a handful of kills a map and locking players out of fights with arrow stun. Post patch I'm getting like no arrow stun on most targets. I was using the nomad bow unloomed with unloomed tartar arrows. It felt like huge hit, especially that whole 20% cut to horses.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2014, 06:09:24 pm »
+1
archery's not overpowered, stop complaining.

(didn't read thread, just assumed with replies in this thread, people complaining about archery :D )
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2014, 08:01:54 pm »
Its actually mostly the opposite, mainly archers QQ'ing because they are unwilling to either give up and change their builds to a STR based one or become what I play archer as: a support char like a pikeman who stands in the blob shooting people at 5-10 metres range to stun them for my teammates to nomnomnom on.

Shooting from far is fun, I guess, but it has a few problems for me: acuracy isnt really bad, even with next to zero WPF, if you arent a full retard you can make 50% of shots on unmoving targets at ranged up to them becoming less tall than the default warband crosshair. After that, its pretty random to be sure. I just cannot find enjoyment from shooting players who are not shooting back, I might aswell play L4D or some shit where you endlessly blast melee zombies from across the map. SO I am left shooting at other archers, but they are tricky little fucks and cannot be trusted to stand still, thus involving us in a endless duel, because unless you are fully psychic it is impossible to shoot another archer if he knows when to move, and likewise I am not planning on standing still if my enemy isn't either, since, much as you may disbelieve it, I am not retarded. So: we can either spend X number of minutes wasting our ever lessening ammo shooting at each other for little to no result, or we can go back to shooting the people who cannot shoot back. And then we are back at square one.
I don't know enough

Offline Little Lord Lollipop

• Duke
  • Renown: 582
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: Frumpty_Dumpty_ATTS
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2014, 04:35:43 am »
+1
Reduce arrow weight and reduce upkeep for archers you fucking cunts.
Dear Little Lord Lollipop
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2014, 04:54:13 am »
Fuck it just arm everyone with siege ballistas.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Thumper

• Count
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Steam: SecretTammo
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Folkvangr
  • Game nicks: Thumper, Tammo
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2014, 05:28:22 am »
Guy named wolfgang still wrecks shit as ranged, do what he does.

Offline Azuma

• Count
  • Renown: 160
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Stop QQ Get a shield !
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores, RdF, Ninja, Norse
  • Game nicks: "Pecores_Tatsumaru_Azuma","Ninja_Rikimaru_Azuma","Norse_Azuma", etc...
  • IRC nick: Azuma
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2015, 10:08:15 pm »
Stop talkin shit guys, and make an archer, try to survive more than 1 minute, and try to put just an arrow in somebody's body, even within 15meters.

U all freakin shielders cunt!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:14:31 pm by HauteGame »
Stop QQ Get A Shield !

(click to show/hide)