Author Topic: CRPG is indeed dying.  (Read 21397 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: CRPG is indeed dying.
« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2014, 04:25:35 pm »
+1
You forgot to take into account, that lvl 33 aint the norm.. people are all lvl 36  :lol:

PS: Yes this game has been a terrible for newcomers since day1.... i dun see how to fix that.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 04:38:18 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2014, 04:40:12 pm »
+2
Easy to fix, just nerf looms.

+3 body armor can give +3 armor instead of +5.  So someone with +3 gloves and armor has a total of +6, instead of +10.

+1 weapon = +1 damage (swing)
+2 weapon = +1 speed
+3 weapon = +1 thrust, or + weight if there is no thrust.  Or +1 reverse side if there is no thrust and weight doesn't matter (like a pick or broad axe).

Or something like that.  Just off the top of my head.  Probably derailing thread though.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #182 on: August 27, 2014, 05:02:02 pm »

Would help some, but most high level players are using pierce weapons and/or very high cut weapons, so armor doesn't play as big of a role any more. I have 61 body armor/58 head, and I still get 1-2 shot by every +3 Bec I encounter.

A newbie can skip the fun, join a clan, raid armory for looms, and be at no more than a 1PS+1athletics disadvantage against all the tryhards. That's barely perceptible. If they had already honed their skills from Native or elsewhere, they will jump right in and be effective. The problem is that most newbies don't understand that this is the ideal starting point, so they are out there grinding with a pitchfork and no banner (and get slaughtered then quit cRPG).

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2014, 05:07:37 pm »

+3 body armor can give +3 armor instead of +5.  So someone with +3 gloves and armor has a total of +6, instead of +10.

+2 weapon = +1 speed
+3 weapon = +1 thrust, or + weight if there is no thrust.  Or +1 reverse side if there is no thrust and weight doesn't matter (like a pick or broad axe).

Or something like that.  Just off the top of my head.  Probably derailing thread though.

and level hardcap at lvl33!
this would drive more players into retirement and wouldnt allow the lvl-difference to become to big.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 27, 2014, 05:08:30 pm »
+1

Yup, it was suggested many times in the past and nothing was done so far.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Elerion
  • IRC nick: Elerion
« Reply #185 on: August 27, 2014, 05:21:58 pm »
Would help some, but most high level players are using pierce weapons and/or very high cut weapons, so armor doesn't play as big of a role any more. I have 61 body armor/58 head, and I still get 1-2 shot by every +3 Bec I encounter.
It matters a lot to newbies. A level 30 unloomed player in 2011 was still 1-3 shot frequently, but 50+ armor targets were uncommon, and only a handful of players could afford to run 60-70+ armor builds 24/7. People would frequently skimp on armor, while running top tier weapons. That newbie could get plenty of kills going after low armor targets.

There's a reason pierce is so much more prevalent today. Armor levels have skyrocketed thanks to everyone having +10 armor from looms and generally more expensive armor due to gold surplus.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2014, 05:42:02 pm »
Yup, it was suggested many times in the past and nothing was done so far.

Can't believe i wrote that, so little hate

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2014, 07:06:50 pm »
+1
I remember there was a good number of looms in the latter half of 2011, just no high levels. There is also less pierce than what I remember ever since the armor soak/reduce change and then the polestagger removal later on which affected most of the best pierce weapons.

I think gloves need balancing. Light gloves should have less armor and little weight while heavy gauntlets should have slightly less armor than they do now with heavier wpf penalties and more weight. I'm not entirely sure about weapons. I think they should remain lethal at all levels, buffing +0 stats and getting the good boosts at +1.

Offline Lord_Bernie_of_Voodoo

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove Great Lances 2015
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Bernie
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2014, 07:13:00 pm »
You forgot to take into account, that lvl 33 aint the norm.. people are all lvl 36  :lol:

PS: Yes this game has been a terrible for newcomers since day1.... i dun see how to fix that.
It will never happen, but I really think leveling should be capped at 33. Perhaps the XP past level 33 goes towards LP's at a certain amount?

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2014, 07:13:43 pm »
It will never happen, but I really think leveling should be capped at 33. Perhaps the XP past level 33 goes towards LP's at a certain amount?

this is actually a nice suggestion
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Elerion
  • IRC nick: Elerion
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2014, 07:31:03 pm »
+1
One of the main reasons to cap leveling should be to encourage retirement. LP grinding while staying at 33 would accomplish the opposite.

Offline Aprikose

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JugendFeuerwehr
  • Game nicks: Great Bascinet!
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2014, 07:46:52 pm »

+2 weapon = +1 speed

that would change nothin.
cRpg players will pwn EVERY SINGLE newbie even without looms
click it!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
« Reply #192 on: August 28, 2014, 03:03:41 pm »
How to make low level gaming more popular, fix the broken LP prices and make heirlooms a bit more special:

-Remove ALL gold gain past lvl 31
(click to show/hide)

LP & Heirlooms
-Heirloom items degrades to +0 stats with "ancient/Ornamental prefix" if 10k gold isn't paid weekly or monthly.
-Fleetfox respec idea + some tweaks to it: lvl 31-32 repsec=1LP, 33-34=2LP, 35-36=3LP(most recent retraining lesson: 2,6mil that's roughly 8-9 LP)

Edit1: It's "35-36=3LP" not "25-26=3LP"
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:42:42 pm by Admerius »

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #193 on: August 28, 2014, 06:57:03 pm »
How to make low level gaming more popular, fix the broken LP prices and make heirlooms a bit more special:

-Remove ALL gold gain past lvl 31
(click to show/hide)

LP & Heirlooms
-Heirloom items degrades to +0 stats with "ancient/Ornamental prefix" if 10k gold isn't paid weekly or monthly.
-Fleetfox respec idea + some tweaks to it: lvl 31-32 repsec=1LP, 33-34=2LP, 25-26=3LP(most recent retraining lesson: 2,6mil that's roughly 8-9 LP)

So you´re being punished for playing a game too long? Who would ever play such a shitty game? There isn´t that much of a difference between lvl 30 and lvl 33, spend some minutes on the duel server and his lvl33 butt is yours

Everybody would have to play on a stf build to gain money so they could play on a char which is only 2-4 levels higher...That would kill the whole mod in an instant.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #194 on: August 28, 2014, 07:09:14 pm »
+1
So you´re being punished for playing a game too long? Who would ever play such a shitty game? There isn´t that much of a difference between lvl 30 and lvl 33, spend some minutes on the duel server and his lvl33 butt is yours
What exactly would you say the break point between "isn't that much" and "too much" is? 3 levels could mean 7 hp and 9-15% damage(because of wpf and depending upon PS/PT/PD). I don't see how that's such a minor thing, especially when comparing a "have" to a "have-not" (loomed guy to an unloomed one.)
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character