Author Topic: CRPG is indeed dying.  (Read 21316 times)

Offline Aprikose

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JugendFeuerwehr
  • Game nicks: Great Bascinet!
Re: CRPG is indeed dying.
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2014, 12:14:56 am »
+1
Using this calculator: http://sayginsoher.com/merccrpg/calculator/

At Generation 16, assuming a constant x3 multiplier it takes 632 hours and 20 minutes to reach level 36.  His figures are generous if anything, as I rarely get a multiplier for a long period of time, let alone constantly.  Even to get to level 34, which is something more reasonable, it takes 158 hours.

Killing the grind is a reasonable step at this point in time.  MMOs frequently "compress" EXP for earlier levels as expansions are released, to allow newer/lower level players to catch up.  We don't have a level cap here, and veteran players still get to keep everything they've earned under the old system.  They will even benefit from faster progression under a new/revised system, probably more so than new players.

Why is this bullshit, enlighten me?
The thing with 500 hours is right but nobody leaves cRPG because he cant reach fucking lvl 36....
There is just ONE REASON: cRPG Players are too good and there is NO solution to fix it. Do u want to enable Autoblock or what?
click it!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2014, 12:26:16 am »
+1
I hear cRPG is dying since 2011

*December 2010
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2014, 12:32:03 am »
3696 new accounts made and how many stay? Well judging by the server numbers at peak times, not alot.
If only 1% of new players keep playing then that means of those 3696 new accounts only a mere 36 will stay.

That's abysmal and it wont change until you address the issues discussed.

What is abysmal, and what issue is it you want me to address? Not making a whole lot of sense here Enver.

Tons of new people have registered, more so in years, whether or not we will retain them time will tell (because we cannot know until some months have passed).
Monkeys!

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2014, 12:43:36 am »
+6
I've been seeing plenty of fresh faces in NA_1 and many of them seem to think the mod is fun, and well-suited for them. Just last night there were 90 people on battle and 50 in siege. Siege has been recently a fucking ghost-town, and although I really dislike the game-mode, it was pleasing to see it populated. It's really neat to see players I've never heard of mid-way up on the scoreboard, dressing in gear that looks good and appearing to have a good time.

I don't know about EU, since I've not been on at times that force me to play in EU lately. It almost seems as though people mistake the "lol mod ded cRPG sux but im addicted" pseudo-meme as genuine sentiment. I'm sure there are players that actually hate every moment of cRPG, and that's a bit sad to me. Why the fuck would you spend so much time on something you genuinely hate?

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2014, 12:54:47 am »
+5
This thread should be dying.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2014, 01:42:19 am »
The only idea I like is the maps thing.  We need a Community maps night or something.  Just load random community maps.  Offer people in game gold to make them.  Try to revive the upvote and downvote system etc. 

Otherwise I don't believe in skill caps.  If I want to compete with 9 ath agi whores I'll build a 9 ath agi whore. 

Offline Knife

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fällen Brigäde
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2014, 01:58:27 am »
+1
Use this to revive cRPG and make the endless grind active again!  :lol:

Offline Enver

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2014, 03:21:40 am »
What is abysmal, and what issue is it you want me to address?

The player retention rate is abysmal. 1000's of players are joining but very few are staying.
The issues or problems I want addressed are the ones I outlined in my first post at the beginning of the thread.
(the grind, skilled players, poor maps etc)

At the current rate of player retention we would need tens of thousands of crpg downloads to see a decent growth in crpg. Its not sustainable

Fix the problems that I outline in the beginning of this thread and you just might save CRPG. Your welcome

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2014, 03:42:10 am »
+6
The player retention rate is abysmal. 1000's of players are joining but very few are staying.
The issues or problems I want addressed are the ones I outlined in my first post at the beginning of the thread.
(the grind, skilled players, poor maps etc)

At the current rate of player retention we would need tens of thousands of crpg downloads to see a decent growth in crpg. Its not sustainable

Now now, you are making as much sense as this mecha TV dalek thing, parroting "UNSUSTAINABLE" and what else not.

Fix the problems that I outline in the beginning of this thread and you just might save CRPG. Your welcome

Your argumentation is ridiculous.

You think this cRPG system is grindy? Do you even know how it was like when the mod was new? Clearly not.

If I recall it correctly it took me many days, if not a week of non-casual sessions to just get some levels and ONE piece of armor. Yes, one.

No multipliers, no skip the fun, no time based tick system (arguably more fun, XP barn meta anyone?), no fast leveling so you are out of peasant stage in some hours. It took DAYS. WEEKS. Everything was a serious investment of time. Month even if we calculate everything.

People even avoided certain weapons because of how expensive they were, and nobody tried them before so nobody dared to touch it first. Also forgot to mention, there was no way to reset your stats either.

So reconsider your views, for you have seen nothing about how and from what cRPG has progressed to this current state, which I am not in a great touch in with, I must add, due to many reasons. However I still know how things work around here.

Of course this was all 4 years ago but still. It puts everything into perspective.

I have seen plenty of these self-claimed saviours of cRPG bringing forth the same thing over and over like it is some secret prophecy and we must listen to his oh-so revolutionary ideas, or else the mod dies out. They all said the same thing, like you.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:53:46 am by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2014, 04:11:42 am »
+14
- Start banning people for calling other players "chinks","my old friends" etc

lol deal with it my old friend

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2014, 06:04:25 am »
+4
You think this cRPG system is grindy? Do you even know how it was like when the mod was new? Clearly not.
To be fair, this "it used to be worse" thinking is fallacious. Just because it was worse before, doesn't mean the current system isn't horrible.

That said, people fucking love grind, god knows why, but they do. The grind is what gets people addicted and gives shit games millions of players.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Breidr

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Stand Tall! Shieldwall!
    • View Profile
    • Breidr's Twitch TV Channel
  • Faction: Highest Bidder
  • Game nicks: Breidr
  • IRC nick: Breidr
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2014, 06:17:37 am »
To be fair, this "it used to be worse" thinking is fallacious. Just because it was worse before, doesn't mean the current system isn't horrible.

That said, people fucking love grind, god knows why, but they do. The grind is what gets people addicted and gives shit games millions of players.

Grind makes people feel invested in the game and this increases playtime.  The problem here is, the grind is pretty huge and not all that rewarding.  Combine that with the "I have to retire and go backwards to progress" thing and it quickly loses it's luster.  In no other game have I ever had to reset my character to continue with progression.  The closest thing I can think of to that is ladder seasons in ARPGs, but I still get to keep the character afterwards.

In addition, while grinding at x1 players have to contend with skill gaps and other crap that is ingrained in this mod.  However, the devs/admins are silent when it comes to even showing concern for anything the players bring up, and do assanine things like remove some banners and leave others, so GG.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2014, 06:25:59 am »
+12
Honestly, all new players need to start at level 20. Forget those first 20 pointless fucking levels, start them at 20 where they can actually participate but still have some useful grinding. I mean honestly not a single player cares for levels 1-15 where ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT YOU FEEDING FOR HOURS happens. Fuck its so fucking retarded fuck.

Offline Breidr

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Stand Tall! Shieldwall!
    • View Profile
    • Breidr's Twitch TV Channel
  • Faction: Highest Bidder
  • Game nicks: Breidr
  • IRC nick: Breidr
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2014, 06:27:18 am »
+1
^GOBBLIN KING GREAT IDEA

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2014, 10:31:02 am »
+6
 :lol:

Enver, don't be that guy. Your statement of cRPG dying is wrong. In reality, it's quite the opposite. Whether you agree with the state of the game or not is irrelevant. Self entitlement has taken the better of you, step away for a while, your argumentation will lead nowhere, regardless if the ideas are good or bad.

Anyway, these sentiments [exp, grind, low levels] have been lingering around the forums and changes are coming to low level and new players. Sadly, Enver had nothing to do with them.
Monkeys!