Poll

Does horse archery require a nerf?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Horse archery is too strong  (Read 28479 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: Horse archery is too strong
« Reply #345 on: August 01, 2014, 02:15:58 am »
Siege defense is for valor hunting, not flag defending. /Duh
hmmm true tue

Remove siege valor 2014
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Death_Dealer

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • to Shish your enemies, see them Kebabed before you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Shishkebab, Ronaldinho, Colossus, Death_Dealer, Brunhild, Whorecraft, Fahishe, Altair
  • IRC nick: Shishkebab
« Reply #346 on: August 20, 2014, 08:52:09 pm »
+1
remove shield skill requirement i thnk it would reduce the whine about all ranged in crpg.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #347 on: August 20, 2014, 09:05:07 pm »
+1
Trust me, it won't. It'll be one less excuse to fall back on, though.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #348 on: August 20, 2014, 09:13:20 pm »
remove shield skill requirement i thnk it would reduce the whine about all ranged in crpg.

I have a 2h char with 1 shield skill and a Plain Cavalry Shield, and it has never been broken by solely arrows. If HA aren't a big enough nuisance that you aren't willing to pay 1 skill point to mitigate their damage, then they aren't worth complaining about here.

Offline Death_Dealer

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • to Shish your enemies, see them Kebabed before you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Shishkebab, Ronaldinho, Colossus, Death_Dealer, Brunhild, Whorecraft, Fahishe, Altair
  • IRC nick: Shishkebab
« Reply #349 on: August 20, 2014, 09:43:35 pm »
im not complaining about ha, i support ha. im just sick of people whining about all ranged. my biggest reason to play crpg is i can play classes and builds that i cant in native. and i dont understand those people copying native classes here and complaining about the large scale of builds/classes here. shield skill requirement is a crpg thing it doesnt exist in native. its a nerf to melee causing whine about ranged.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:49:06 pm by Death_Dealer »

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #350 on: August 20, 2014, 09:53:25 pm »
Zero_Sat is one of the very best HA in cRPG, if a player can do well as a HA it doesn't mean it required a nerf.  All heroes like phase, chase etc do well in their class and those required nerf too? HA is hard as hell and it is one of the most hardest class to play. HA and HX is a great nuisance to lance/sword cav, nerfing them will only end up buffing melee-cav.

with 11/33 build on my best record i can top score with like 26 kills and 6 deaths as a couch-only-my old friend, does that mean couch needs a nerf too just because i am good at it?

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 20, 2014, 10:19:26 pm »
+2
With HA malus actually working, their power has been toned down by a fair amount. I think I still side with people wanting HA to be AGI * 3 instead of *6 while halving the boost for each point, though. Another few weeks wait may be needed before deeming the class "too strong" or not at this point.

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #352 on: August 20, 2014, 10:39:11 pm »
Thing is that HA are annoying for EVERYONE except for themselves. For me it's just an unpopular class that's pulling down the enjoyment for other players. There is so many aspects which state that HA aren't compatible with this mod.

Imagine a new player getting hunted down by horsearchers (they really have no chance and HA love to hunt unexperienced low level players), it's just making this mod unpopular. Being able to use so many classes comes with a very high price imo.

It's not even that HA are op, it's just their playstyle (seriously what can infantry do against them? even if they take can many shots it's still a no-go for a mod).

So, what kind of mod would allow a class no matter how strong that is most of the times UNCOUNTERABLE for other classes?

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #353 on: August 20, 2014, 10:45:10 pm »
Well remove the class then since it's "UNCOUNTERABLE" for everyone  :!:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 20, 2014, 10:48:03 pm »
If they deal negligible damage against your average melee and only lightly armoured builds or foot ranged have to worry about them, I'll consider that a good thing since HA would then only pose a real threat to those that annoy melee instead of melee themselves. I would like it to be the same with agility ranged and melee with 1-2 points in throwing, too. On that end, HA would need less ammo so infantry with decent armor are no longer as viable as targets.

Chasing other cav is a larger pain than it should be, though.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #355 on: August 21, 2014, 10:46:53 am »
Hardly uncounterable.
You can see time and time again how - especially xbow - ranged shoots down a HA or at least the horse.
When at the end of the round only melee is left on one side and the other is a HA... well, start dancing at the flag.

Let's be honest, HAs are a pain in the ass but they are hardly match winning nor team carrying.
And most HA nowadays play a different style than they used to. Especially at round end, most tend to stick closer to the enemy team. Only a few refuse to not act like delaying pricks.

Prpavi for example nearly always dismounts when last. Hate_More isn't as bad as he used to be at round end.
Nonetheless, there are still assholes like Smurf_niluK who don't. Annoying but bareable... Let the flag handle him and his fellow pricks... or admins if online.

When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Protemus

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 270
  • cRPG Player
  • EZ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan EZ kills
  • Game nicks: niluK_the_Annoying aka EZ
« Reply #356 on: August 21, 2014, 12:07:56 pm »
Hardly uncounterable.
You can see time and time again how - especially xbow - ranged shoots down a HA or at least the horse.
When at the end of the round only melee is left on one side and the other is a HA... well, start dancing at the flag.

Let's be honest, HAs are a pain in the ass but they are hardly match winning nor team carrying.
And most HA nowadays play a different style than they used to. Especially at round end, most tend to stick closer to the enemy team. Only a few refuse to not act like delaying pricks.

Prpavi for example nearly always dismounts when last. Hate_More isn't as bad as he used to be at round end.
Nonetheless, there are still assholes like Smurf_niluK who don't. Annoying but bareable... Let the flag handle him and his fellow pricks... or admins if online.

If being "asshole" and "annoying" and "prick" will save my x5 multiplier, than I will gladly be all of those and more if possible. Bring on the hate, feed me.
Quote from: Melee Gaming
Protemus, You have received a warning for non-relevant posts in ban section also for personal attacks with disgusting insults on the forums. Chill out and enjoy the game. Regards, cRPG Team

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #357 on: August 21, 2014, 12:39:27 pm »
+4
If being "asshole" and "annoying" and "prick" will save my x5 multiplier, than I will gladly be all of those and more if possible. Bring on the hate, feed me.
If being an "asshole" and "annoying" and "prick" gives you joy in life, then you're a poor person.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 21, 2014, 12:41:42 pm »
+6
If being an "asshole" and "annoying" and "prick" gives you joy in life, then you're a poor person.
This is honestly the mentality that most of the long time horse archers proudly display in chat and on the forums.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #359 on: August 21, 2014, 12:53:49 pm »
Horse archery was unbearable when there were no flags spawning, now its still annoying but hardly too strong.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login