Poll

What Solution would fix this? Multiple Choice

10 (27%)
11 (29.7%)
12 (32.4%)
i posted another Idea
4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Suggestion for Strat 6!  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Suggestion for Strat 6!
« on: March 04, 2014, 09:33:23 pm »
+13
Just a forenote. this is nothing against those big factions, it is simply ridiculous to see so
many fiefs having crimerate of 100%.

Wouldnt a 100% crimerate mean a Rebellion in this fief and people would attempt to get rid of the owner?
At least in my opinion crimerate meant to have a more smooth and fair gameplay.
But the only thing I see is, that big factions leave there army at one fief, keeping the S&D
low in this fief and give no shits about the S&D of other fiefs but still claiming more and more fiefs
to enlarge their territory.

I wont say its abuse of system, as they are just doing what the system is allowing them to.

So my suggestion is to add a rebellion after 10 days of 100% crimerate.
How to deal with that rebellion? I have three ways in mind:

1. Nothing happens and after 7 Days the village is neutral again, also it resets the
Prosperity back to 200 (maybe 50% of the spend PP should be returned). Also S&D goes to 0%
so the crimerate can go down for a while.

2. Another solution is to stop PP production and S&D if a fief reaches the 100% crimerate.
Total starvation. (when all are criminals, who will actually work for real money?)

3. Same as 1, but having at least more Army than population in that fief prevents the fief
turning neutral again. Also Point 2 can be added in this case.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
Re: Suggestion for Strat 6!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 09:44:07 pm »
+5
Add incentive for people applying for AI. Either a standard silver fee or give strat tick.

On NA, AI village defense is already non-existent.
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 04:23:28 am »
+1
2 is a great idea. Well managed fiefs will soon become hotly contested places and being allied with the owners will reap serious benefits.

I say add 1 and 2. They are both great options and it would make the game a bit more dynamic.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 05:33:45 am »
What I think: high crime rate makes the the fief undefendable - any troops defenders put there disappear within 24h, i.e. before battle starts . It makes them voulnerable. Then, go get them if you dare! Don't forget to bring loooots of eq with you! After all the idea of the crime was to keep troops in field instead of stacked inside fiefs :)

Seriously? Give it more time. Things haven't settled yet; it is still the beginning of Strat. We will be able to see how it works when all fiefs will be taken. It is too early for a decent, well balanced suggestions.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 07:05:11 am »
+2
The admins should just send in flying carpets and firebombs on the top 10 fiefs with the most troops every week.  But stagger the times so it's hard to predict.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 04:38:20 pm »
since everyone want to poll instead of adding his opionion, i added a poll  :mrgreen:

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 11:06:31 pm »
+5
What I think: high crime rate makes the the fief undefendable - any troops defenders put there disappear within 24h, i.e. before battle starts . It makes them voulnerable. Then, go get them if you dare! Don't forget to bring loooots of eq with you! After all the idea of the crime was to keep troops in field instead of stacked inside fiefs :)

Seriously? Give it more time. Things haven't settled yet; it is still the beginning of Strat. We will be able to see how it works when all fiefs will be taken. It is too early for a decent, well balanced suggestions.

That's not true - they are actually the worst fiefs to try and attack since you can't defend them once you take them either.  You can't even hold them long enough to respec them.

It actually benefits large clans to have just 1 or 2 strategic fiefs to keep troops in and then use crime to make the others pointless to take.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 10:28:17 am »
+2
That's not true - they are actually the worst fiefs to try and attack since you can't defend them once you take them either.  You can't even hold them long enough to respec them.

It actually benefits large clans to have just 1 or 2 strategic fiefs to keep troops in and then use crime to make the others pointless to take.
Totally agree

Like I have said before - 100% crimerate is a very good defence for a village, if someone takes it, they would need to:

1. stay outside or die
2. Buy or sell goods until the crime is down, which could take several days
3. bring silly amount of gold with them to do this

So, taking a fief you cant enter, is good for the defending side, since they can during the first 48 or so hours make an army and attack the indtruder OUTSIDE of the village and then just take the village back - owning and dominating territory is no more important to be able to take and keep villages.

Before you could go behind enemy lines, take a castle and sit on your ass and watch the attackers die on the walls, if you do that now and dont have a secure supplyline in to that castle - the attackers could then just drink tea outside while you die inside because of crime. This is a cool feature though :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 05:33:57 pm »
*bump*

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 08:29:41 am »
I got the feeling that it's  going to be fast Strategus, already half of map is full of self defence forces with a hats bought in nearest shop

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 08:41:00 am »
i think Strat needs alot more change than only this...

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 09:09:45 am »
it doesnt really matter how many changes you make. UIF is too big too strong and wont let you be neutral. so they will always dominate and win. I mean look at the map its pretty much decided already ^^
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 09:27:32 am »
+1

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 01:04:20 pm »
Here is a long but solid suggestion:

http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/faction-types-kingdoms-vassals-bandits/

i know. the suggestion was 2-3 days after mine. But its not the change it needs. A Clan will just make more than 1 faction to handle everything.

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 02:14:59 pm »
+1
i know. the suggestion was 2-3 days after mine. But its not the change it needs. A Clan will just make more than 1 faction to handle everything.

Your suggestion about fiefs going neutral again is also very good idea.

I agree that a clan can make multiple factions to handle everything but you know, the size of the overall "clan" will be limited still. Because you know in our suggestion, depending on the faction type the amount of fiefs you can capture are hard code limited. There are simple mathematical inequalities that will not allow the heavy exploitation of having multiple factions under the control of a single clan. And if features like your suggestion are implemented this size will be limited more or controlling it will be much harder.

So I still think, if ideas like those can be merged together, this problem of all ruling huge factions will be solved.