Author Topic: An autobalance that puts clans together on public servers is a terrible idea.  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Dementia

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
+17
Indeed. A thing we said on forums about 1 million of times. If clans want to play together for fuck's sake, go strategus. Because banner balance ruin the game and is the root of all whinings in balance forum. A public server should be for fun, not for having in the same team a stack of full experienced players and in the another one, randoms and peasants. In this situation, I log off from crpg because it's not fair and is so boring.

I said a lot of times that balance should be about classes. Distribute archers & cavalry on both teams equally. I'm 100% sure that it will improve crpg a lot. And is too easy to implement. But I don't hope any change in this balance because devs ignore us on his straight mind.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+8
Banner balance increases the amount of teamwork you get and helps clans recruit more players because it gives a reason to be clanned. Most of the time its not the best clans vs the worst so not sure why people see it as such a problem. The better teams will still win without banner balance, you'll still get teams that do better than others..might as well let clans play together so they can come up with ways to counter the other team rather than having a true pub server which would be much more chaotic and disorganised
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+6
I think the banner balance must be removed from public servers... and there should be a cRPG league for clan vs. clan competitions. Strategus is not the same thing.

This would also give a better idea about which classes are Over and Under powered.

If someone is up to the task of organizing a cRPG league among clans, I would support him with 2 loompoints.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
+8
Removing banner balance is like saying f*ck you to ppl putting more effort into teamplay.

Offline Matim

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • My rouncey feeds on human flesh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nilfgaard
+5
I'm sorry, but i want to have a possibility to play with my clanmates without relying on the luck. And remember that there are many clans plaing simultaneously. The problem is when there are two big, good clans on the one side :P

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
+4
Everytime i play with my clan 1 or more people get balanced over to the other team, and even though we have multiple people on the same team it doesnt mean we are going to win every round. We actually lose quite a lot. Bannerbalance is rarely a problem, but is pretty silly if its 20v20 and one team is a full or 2/3 clannies, at 40v40 though and 10 or 20 people are in a clan makes a difference but not a massive one.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline 722_

• Marshall
  • Renown: 991
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+4
It would not be a problem if we could make changes to the way you earn gold & experience, but the way it works now just rewards whoever can banner stack the most with high level / good players, leaving everyone else on x1. tried playing battle last night and it was full of mercs and i was fed up of loosing so i went to siege and guess what

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

i understand people want to play together i just feel its possible to still do that without fucking everyone else over

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
+2
I don't want to kill Hetman, I want to Kapikulu him  :lol:
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
+6
The banner balance limit just needs setting at the size of the 4th largest clan online.  That means it only really comes into play when both teams are going to have a significant number of clan players online that will try and play together.

This might also encourage people to join some of the smaller clans as in the huge clans you have a lower chance of consistently being on the same team.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
+3
I like your idea tomas. I crush ever other hre so its obvious i want them on opposite team ;)

Offline Dementia

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+3
Clans are made to play together, not to pubstomp. I think this has to be the first game I play that adds pubstomping as an in-game mechanic.

If you guys want to play together, make your CRPG server, have clanwars, strategus, whatever, there's tons of possibilities. EU CRPG 2 is "be in grey team or lose", and it gets old really fast.

This just adds to the already way too long list of reasons new players don't stick to CRPG long.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
+2
One of those things which has been said again and again and will never change because crybabies.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
+5
Knitler, Varadin and Qoray on the same time, Grey Order should be renamed to Macro Order

much skill.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
+3
Most of us join clans for the sole reason to NOT rely on public players for teamwork