Author Topic: Rise and Shine: Strategus 2014, starting 16th February, 2000 CET  (Read 61350 times)

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
Re: Rise and Shine: Strategus 2014, starting 15th February
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2014, 05:50:09 am »
+4
chadz, you never addressed the prizes we were promised for Strategus 4.  The current king of Strategus, Jake, had over a billion renown and should be awarded accordingly.
who?
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2014, 08:11:43 am »
+4
Developers, I hope that you will be keeping an eye on the NA side of the map, since we have a problem that EU does not: declining player participation. There were basically only ~300 people total signing up for battles in NA Strategus by the last few months of the previous round, which meant that even many prime time battles were unable to get 50 people for both sides without the use of hefty bribes. It was a domino effect that caused the majority of the map to go inactive or quit outright because, even if you handled the tedious micromanagement aspect of Strategus perfectly, it was virtually impossible to obtain the player support necessary for a sustained offensive (i.e. getting 50 people who will show up pretty much every night for several battles a night).

Considering that the battles in this round of Strategus are likely to offer much less experience than those of the previous round, I imagine the problem is only going to get worse rather than better. If history repeats itself and non-megafactions start getting steamrolled due to lack of mercs, it will probably make even the diehards give up on the gamemode out of frustration or boredom.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2014, 11:25:03 am »
Has anyone mentioned the ability to abuse map limited equipment, by spawning a bunch on one side so the other side can't have any?

ex. weapon racks, catapults, spikes. shields, etc.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2014, 12:56:46 pm »
(click to show/hide)
this is not only a NA problem. Also for the reason to have a full roster, i started an alliance of smaller factions last round. If you are concerned about your roster you still can do sth about it. If it would be overall only 300 people in participation you can get 3 blocks a 100, then you only need 50% participating ^^regularly or get always from the not attacking/defending 3rd block additional mercs.

Then again, fuck micro management, chadz while i find the things you want to implement as always nice and all, i rarely see sth which would allow me as leader to handle things more easily. With the new system i now need to take care of even more stuff, figure out how to integrate it into my battles, figure out how perhaps to integrate it into an alliance, figure out what happens when it is neglected or overused, also it sounded like i need to do it for every battle over and over again, as there would not be already enough things you need to keep in mind when oyu organize a battle.

Less Micro
- please let me as faction founder or rank 10 set a base nighttime and other settings, everyone who joins has that then set for themselves, but still would be able to adjust it individualy for himself.
- task queing, so that my guys can so to speak hold shift and send a second(or more) commands to their strat bubble which then would if possible at the time be done(at least for movement commands or have you ever seen a a caravan stopping in the center of the desert for no apparent reason waiting to get raped by some bandits)
- i still like the idear about an action point system, where i as leader or others with rank 10, would be able to use daily refreshing action points to make a few critical moves for very few clanmates(you cant disallow remote access between pcs you dotn control, well then give that option for those who are not that versatile with the pc and those who wanted to do remote access may think again if that would be even needed)

What about the existing community scripts, any chance something of those will be integrated?
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2014, 01:37:13 pm »
+2
Are we talking about my personal inventory, or my inventory in the faction page.

Is it just me being able to restrict the items my hero has, or will it be possible for other factionmembers to do it for me?

I guess it will be the inventory of the army currently locked in battle, and said inventory can be restricted by anyone who has the according ranks, like rosters.
Like most changes, I'm impatient to see how it will look in the UI, I hope it will not look like the info panel or we are all doomed : 1 hour to make a proper army inventory, 1 hour to put ranks on them.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2014, 01:44:39 pm »
+6
I guess it will be the inventory of the army currently locked in battle, and said inventory can be restricted by anyone who has the according ranks, like rosters.
Like most changes, I'm impatient to see how it will look in the UI, I hope it will not look like the info panel or we are all doomed : 1 hour to make a proper army inventory, 1 hour to put ranks on them.
and after the start of the battle, you will discover that archers have no authority to take the arrows) and the cavalry - horses  :P

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2014, 03:12:25 pm »
+1
Well this looks interesting.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2014, 04:34:20 pm »
Has anyone mentioned the ability to abuse map limited equipment, by spawning a bunch on one side so the other side can't have any?

ex. weapon racks, catapults, spikes. shields, etc.

Now its team limited, no longer server limited.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2014, 04:39:50 pm »
+1
Can I still make a donkey sky railroad?

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Kingtrisp

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Conan What is best in life?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_KingConan
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2014, 05:10:21 pm »
+1
TOO WARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2014, 05:13:39 pm »
+6
On a more serious note:

The gold increase for items is going to hurt smaller clans and will probably only delay the bigger clans from amassing full plate, war horses, and mauls by only a few weeks.

All heavy armor, heavy horses, and heavy weapons should have received a large cost increase, the lighter and unused gear should have remained the same.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2014, 07:57:48 pm »
+7
On a more serious note:

The gold increase for items is going to hurt smaller clans and will probably only delay the bigger clans from amassing full plate, war horses, and mauls by only a few weeks.

All heavy armor, heavy horses, and heavy weapons should have received a large cost increase, the lighter and unused gear should have remained the same.

No, not really.  He raised it by the power of - so the higher the base price was originally the more exponential the price increase.  I think everyone will be shorter on plate, plus less PP and S&D build up in general with the new changes.  Everyone will be in lighter armor and gear like in strat 2, where you ahd to make some real choices - where did you want to invest the most money - weapons, armor or horses?  and it makes a real difference in tactics too based on these choices.  Small clans are going to be perfectly all right since its easier to attack larger clans that also can't field full plate armies anymore.

Also for those who are worried about low server pops - it really was just a problem with strat lasting too long and people getting burned out on every battle being full plate every time.  10 months is shorter than the 18 months this last strat lasted.  The first 10 months - no problems filling up rosters.  Every new strat a lot of people come back because its new and fun again.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:03:01 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Testicleez

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Testicleez
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2014, 08:27:48 pm »
+2
Every new strat a lot of people come back because its new and fun again.

people come back because its new and fun again

come back because its new and fun

new and fun

fun

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:33:44 pm by Testicleez »

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2014, 08:44:22 pm »
+1
No, not really.  He raised it by the power of - so the higher the base price was originally the more exponential the price increase.  I think everyone will be shorter on plate, plus less PP and S&D build up in general with the new changes.  Everyone will be in lighter armor and gear like in strat 2, where you ahd to make some real choices - where did you want to invest the most money - weapons, armor or horses?  and it makes a real difference in tactics too based on these choices.  Small clans are going to be perfectly all right since its easier to attack larger clans that also can't field full plate armies anymore.

Also for those who are worried about low server pops - it really was just a problem with strat lasting too long and people getting burned out on every battle being full plate every time.  10 months is shorter than the 18 months this last strat lasted.  The first 10 months - no problems filling up rosters.  Every new strat a lot of people come back because its new and fun again.

You're neglecting to calculate the new repair function, yes the cost will be more expensive but people can their recycle gear now and I predict this will negate the price increase.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2014, 09:08:23 pm »
+3
Less micro-management for faction leaders I think should be the main focus of any changes that get implemented...it's just so tedious and taxing how its been.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE