Author Topic: Crossbow Skill Requirement Suggestion -- "Steady Hands"  (Read 6587 times)

Offline Heinrich_loves_Anabol

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Crossbow Skill Requirement Suggestion -- "Steady Hands"
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2014, 07:22:19 pm »
I have a x-box char and i recognized two things:
-The absolutly ridiculous high repaircosts. I cant even play with a hunting x-bow and steelbolts without making losses nearly every round. I heared that repaircosts depend on wpf skill but still i had to pay nearly every round for my heavy x-bow and steelbolts when i had a wpf of 191. I lost over 80k gold in just several weeks. Im wondering how anyone can afforad playing with an arbalest and medium armour wthout transfering thousands of gold every day.
- After the patch the x-bows have an unrealistic reloadingtime. If you have a high wpf you can shoot with a heavy x-bow every 3 seconds, like a machinegun. I mean that might be good for me but its just to unrealistic, the team should fix that.

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2014, 03:27:46 am »
If shitty things like this that is proposed happens, prepare for an archer invasion. And I will be the first that will change the class. And we will hear the same raging about archery. ;)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2014, 04:24:37 pm »
If shitty things like this that is proposed happens, prepare for an archer invasion. And I will be the first that will change the class. And we will hear the same raging about archery. ;)

That's fine with me.  Crossbows should have a governing skill to them, just like throwing has power throw, archery has power draw, and melee has power strike.  Shields have shield skill, riding a horse requires the riding skill.  Hell everything in the game has a governing skill except crossbows.  That's a glaring problem.  And you're quite biased if you cannot see that.

Have fun doing 1/4 or less damage to people (unless you go a super high str archer build, then good luck hitting them accurately). 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2014, 04:37:49 pm »
+1

Archers have more noticeable WPF impacts from taking too much armour and they generally want to take 2 lots of ammo more than xbowers do, which means they need to think about reducing armour so they don't run too slowly. Xbowers have less weight with 1 stack of ammo even, and they don't need as much because of the reload time and higher damage

Add on top of that that you need more WPF to be accurate with archers and you have to dedicate some skill points into PD

Not saying archers are UP (they shoot fast, have this crazy stagger, decent damage and still have good melee weapons). Just xbowers are really badly implemented into the game

BTW I think if 1 handers are nerfed everyone will go back to the still secretly OP Mace, but at least it doesn't have the stab. 1/0 slot weapons are just too good in general

If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2014, 04:56:13 pm »
So no counter-argument El_Infante, just a negative rep to my post?  Sounds like a great point you bring up, you've totally convinced me now that crossbows should be the one thing in game without a governing skill.   :rolleyes:

Get a brain moran. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline El_Infante

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2014, 11:26:24 pm »
And another -1 for your next post. And infinite -1 to all of antiranged lobby. And dont tilt, I don't care. The reason is so simple. Archers gain benefits from PD. 16% damage to damage poll for every point in power draw. Throwers get a +/-10% damage bonus from each PT. Cavalry get bonus from each riding point. Do you want to add a skill for xbow? Ok. Power reload. 10% decrease reload time for each skill point ;) Oh! And I guess you won't find it fair. I also do not find it fair.

Steady hands, power reload, and that all bullshit you are trying to convince yourselves that xbow + 1h is op. You want to ruin our class. Not asking only for a non-benefit skill for nerfing the class. You are asking on other thread suggestions to increase STR requeriments. Ok. I accept. Increase in +3 the STR requeriment of all kind of armor, because I feel or I think the requeriments are too low. No. Stop the nerfing rage.  What is OP? xbow? 1handed stab? Is just rage about all kind of ranged? I remember everyone that xbow have suffered no important changes. Arbalest was nerfed about 1 year ago. The only thing that changed is xbow population. A new fever. A ciclic crpg history. And i'm bored of one man army heroes crying on forums 24h/7/365. I don't ask for a nerf never as long as I remember and I blame the bunch of forum whiners crpg have. Is exhausting.

The most horrible crpg disease is the massive nerf the game suffered in two years. If I nerf A, B becomes powerful. Forum ragers whining about nerfing B. Devs nerfed B so C become powerful. Another rage campaing to nerf C and we can repeat this history to the infinite. And nothing changed. Ranged still kill. 2h heroes are superb op. Expert pikeman jumper metagamers. The thing, that I notice, is that very skilled players changed their class to xbow after 1h stab was buffed. In a slow progression. And you are all suffering the consecuences of game unbalance. Insane amount of cav? Insane amount of ranged. Insane amount of 2h heroes? Insane amount of cav & ranged. Rock, paper, scissors.

And things that break balance didn't change at all since crpg 2010. Unfair autoteam balance. 20 byzantium playing against 20 peasants & random players (for example, I have nothing against Byz). 10 cav in team A. 0 cav in team B. So I know, that devs will do that they think is the better option for the game. But I played this game since two years. And I played all kind of classes. HA, HX, footman, polearm, 2h, archer, xbowman. And I have a global idea of the game balance. And we are not breaking it at all. Is just an increase of population. And I have to see how a bunch of my old friends is asking to nerf my class because they do not accept that we can kill from the distance. Just it.

Play and let us play. And let us play the class we want. No the class you want for me. If you don't like xbow class do not play it. But don't ask for unnecesary changes because we are not breaking the balance at all. Stop the inquisition.
(click to show/hide)

And I wish that devs learned from this pathethic nerf history on melee battlegrounds. And not to do the same again. Play and let all classes play.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:35:10 pm by El_Infante »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2014, 12:22:26 pm »
And another -1 for your next post. And infinite -1 to all of antiranged lobby. And dont tilt, I don't care. The reason is so simple. Archers gain benefits from PD. 16% damage to damage poll for every point in power draw. Throwers get a +/-10% damage bonus from each PT. Cavalry get bonus from each riding point. Do you want to add a skill for xbow? Ok. Power reload. 10% decrease reload time for each skill point ;) Oh! And I guess you won't find it fair. I also do not find it fair.

That just means you are biaised as hell.

Steady hands, power reload, and that all bullshit you are trying to convince yourselves that xbow + 1h is op. You want to ruin our class. Not asking only for a non-benefit skill for nerfing the class. You are asking on other thread suggestions to increase STR requeriments. Ok. I accept. Increase in +3 the STR requeriment of all kind of armor, because I feel or I think the requeriments are too low. No. Stop the nerfing rage.  What is OP? xbow? 1handed stab? Is just rage about all kind of ranged? I remember everyone that xbow have suffered no important changes. Arbalest was nerfed about 1 year ago. The only thing that changed is xbow population. A new fever. A ciclic crpg history. And i'm bored of one man army heroes crying on forums 24h/7/365. I don't ask for a nerf never as long as I remember and I blame the bunch of forum whiners crpg have. Is exhausting.

Xbows have always been bullshit. And if you think those things are cyclic, tell me when exactly did the xbow population decrease ? And why would it decrease in the future if nothing changes ?

The most horrible crpg disease is the massive nerf the game suffered in two years. If I nerf A, B becomes powerful. Forum ragers whining about nerfing B. Devs nerfed B so C become powerful. Another rage campaing to nerf C and we can repeat this history to the infinite. And nothing changed. Ranged still kill. 2h heroes are superb op. Expert pikeman jumper metagamers. The thing, that I notice, is that very skilled players changed their class to xbow after 1h stab was buffed. In a slow progression. And you are all suffering the consecuences of game unbalance. Insane amount of cav? Insane amount of ranged. Insane amount of 2h heroes? Insane amount of cav & ranged. Rock, paper, scissors.

There's little evidence of such nerf A, B has become too powerful phenomenon in cRPG. And most importantly, not with crossbows. If tomorrow xbows were nerfed somehow, what other class would become too powerful relative to the others ? Would shieldless infantry become too powerful compared to cav or shielders ? I doubt it, since cav and shielders also suffered from xbows.

And things that break balance didn't change at all since crpg 2010. Unfair autoteam balance. 20 byzantium playing against 20 peasants & random players (for example, I have nothing against Byz). 10 cav in team A. 0 cav in team B. So I know, that devs will do that they think is the better option for the game. But I played this game since two years. And I played all kind of classes. HA, HX, footman, polearm, 2h, archer, xbowman. And I have a global idea of the game balance. And we are not breaking it at all. Is just an increase of population. And I have to see how a bunch of my old friends is asking to nerf my class because they do not accept that we can kill from the distance. Just it.

It's an increase in population that the game is not able to autoregulate by itself. More xbowmen attract... more xbowmen.

Play and let us play. And let us play the class we want. No the class you want for me. If you don't like xbow class do not play it. But don't ask for unnecesary changes because we are not breaking the balance at all. Stop the inquisition.
(click to show/hide)

And I wish that devs learned from this pathethic nerf history on melee battlegrounds. And not to do the same again. Play and let all classes play.

Well that's extremely egoistic for someone that doesn't let other people play the game through ingame griefing. Do you think I want being shot at? No, I don't, I never do. Yet your kind of asshats keep on shooting me and interrupting my gametime with useless and undeserved deaths for your own egoistic enjoyment. Do you think that's fair? Do you think that's more fair than me coming here on the forums and saying that your bullshit has to be toned down? You contribute nothing to the fun aspect of this game, I don't see any reason to maintain your egoistic playstyle.

Offline El_Infante

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2014, 03:03:32 pm »
Do you think kafein that we should change our style because you like to play naked? Seriously, fuck you all. All your lobbyism. You are justifying a nerf on xbow population, just because it increased. A dangerous precedent. Adapt your playstyle and learn to play.

Your arguments (in general) are tendentious, fallacies. Stop the inquisition I said. And I say it again.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2014, 03:16:59 pm »
Do you think kafein that we should change our style because you like to play naked? Seriously, fuck you all. All your lobbyism. You are justifying a nerf on xbow population, just because it increased. A dangerous precedent. Adapt your playstyle and learn to play.

Your arguments (in general) are tendentious, fallacies. Stop the inquisition I said. And I say it again.

Suddenly it's only me when one post earlier you were addressing the whole cRPG population. My arguments are as valid as yours when you try to justify yourself demanding that other people shut up about obvious problems in the game because the statu quo suits you better.

Also you fail to address any of my rebuttal of your points and instead take refuge in the "get to adapt use shield learn teamwork" defense.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2014, 03:37:08 pm »
+1

I don't think you quite understand. Those classes are balanced with the idea that they will invest into those points giving them more damage and because they have to, to play the class they intend on playing. So the stats on those weapons (bows and throwing weapons) seem relatively low compared to the Arbalest since 0 skills effect the damage/reload speed/accuracy other than wpf.

Ideally if "PD" for xbows was implemented that "PD" would give 10% bonus damage wait a second wouldn't that make Crossbows more OP than now? No because you are gonna nerf all Crossbow stats by 50% damage and make the minimal investment 5 resulting in pretty much the same value of damage as it was. I don't know how you could make it so going over 5 "PD" would negate the 10% bonus damage though.

Xbows have always been bullshit. And if you think those things are cyclic, tell me when exactly did the xbow population decrease ? And why would it decrease in the future if nothing changes ?

I'm not saying El Infante is correct, but the recent influx of crossbow users has more to do with side arms and 1h stab being super easy to land a hit with minimal investment. I'm pretty certain tydeus knows 1h is a bit out of wack at the moment and I'm thinking once its put back in balance with the other melee classes the amount of xbowers you will see is gonna go down due to can't have the best of both range and melee anymore. I still think some skill sink would be a good idea like steady hand or whatever it is.

It decreased about a year ago if I remember correctly, a range nerf patch came through and nerfed all range damage by 16% and for the longest time there was very few xbowers NA side.

Well that's extremely egoistic for someone that doesn't let other people play the game through ingame griefing. Do you think I want being shot at? No, I don't, I never do. Yet your kind of asshats keep on shooting me and interrupting my gametime with useless and undeserved deaths for your own egoistic enjoyment. Do you think that's fair? Do you think that's more fair than me coming here on the forums and saying that your bullshit has to be toned down? You contribute nothing to the fun aspect of this game, I don't see any reason to maintain your egoistic playstyle.

All I have to say about this part of your post is enjoy your -1 from me for being way to egoistic.

Archers have more noticeable WPF impacts from taking too much armour and they generally want to take 2 lots of ammo more than xbowers do, which means they need to think about reducing armour so they don't run too slowly. Xbowers have less weight with 1 stack of ammo even, and they don't need as much because of the reload time and higher damage

Just xbowers are really badly implemented into the game

Whats the point in bringing 2 slots of ammo if all we are going to use is 3-4 shots in 1 round of battle...

I'm a Crossbow user myself, specifically the Arbalest and have been for about 2 and a half years my build is 15-27 5 ps 9 ath 9 wm 6 shield at level 34 92 wpf in 1h and 185 in xbow.