Author Topic: Suggestion  (Read 1578 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Suggestion
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 10:57:05 pm »
+1
Too much balance = no multiplier

And that's why nothing was ever done to make a better team balance system.  There's no push for it from the players (because balanced teams mean no more riding x5 for hours) and it means more work from the devs to come up with a better balance system (and possibly a better xp/gold gain system). 

From a strictly gameplay perspective (not from a "I want to reach the next level and have as much money as possible" level) balanced teams are going to bring the most enjoyment to people playing.  That is, if the measure enjoyment out of having tough fought battles that force people to put everything they can into winning the round.  If enjoyment is measured in how much xp or gold you make in an hour, then it would likely decrease people's enjoyment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 11:07:04 pm »
+1
Even when teams are "balanced," one team may consistently win due to player choice, strategy, class composition, and spawn differences. It'll be incredibly difficult to ensure equal balance based on teams' winning percentage. I think it should stop egregious amounts of ranged cav, melee cav, and ranged on a single team at least. Melee can generally counter each other based on equipment choice.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 11:09:26 pm »
Even when teams are "balanced," one team may consistently win due to player choice, strategy, class composition, and spawn differences. It'll be incredibly difficult to ensure equal balance based on teams' winning percentage. I think it should stop egregious amounts of ranged cav, melee cav, and ranged on a single team at least. Melee can generally counter each other based on equipment choice.

Yeah that's a good point.  And I don't think teams should be balanced based on what the team's round score is.  And that's why I don't think they should balance by skill in the short term (i.e. this maps player scores), if they want to balance by player skill (which is optional, class balance would be preferred if anything) they should balance it based on the longer term so people are switching constantly between rounds and trying to make the team scores completely even.   
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 11:51:48 pm »
+1
who am i to judge "skill"? and can a computer game that is build by humans with rules made by humans judge "skill"? why have it in the equation? why not just check char sheet, 50/50 divide players with for example more than 2-3 points in shield, riding and powerdraw? highlevel (32+) is divided 50/50 also but regardless of class. what's wrong in this?

(all this just an example to explain what I mean)

also I think banner balance feature is for strat and not FFA servers. FFA servers should have team balance and not a frikkin clanstack balance,

WELCOME TO CRPG POOR MISS RANDOM!
miss random: "but but *sadface* this is unfair! *sadface*
crpg: "but that's how the game is. you are sparring tool for the clans."
miss random: "*sadface*"

everyone in the community (clans/forum) is just against changing it, because everyone in the community is using it. they know that, as Tovi says, good balance means less XP. and that's what this community seems to be playing for, XP. not the good hard fights. shame.  :|
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:02:10 am by Sniger »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2014, 01:43:59 am »
... and the reason why it haven't been brought up much (not at all? to my very limited knowledge) is also because community is against it, despite the fact that if the mod wasn't kept artificially alive with doublexpee it would slowly die, not because it isn't fun as such, its the best WHEN its fun, but its just too unbalanced and unfair and well basically not worth the time and effort compared to the LOADS of other games we have in our arsenals. old vets leaving while no new players arrive/new players quit as fast as they begin. you really think your current mod is so awesome that normal people (and not retarded crpg gamers like us :D ) choose to play crpg above all the other games out there? if we had some kind of balance (ish, better than atm.) more people would play.

all I want is 200+ players *sadface*

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2014, 01:46:21 am »
All games that pitch coordinated teams against randomers are unbalanced.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2014, 01:47:50 am »
All games that pitch coordinated teams against randomers are unbalanced.

what other games "pitch coordinated teams against randoms?"  :lol: I cant really think of any but do tell! I just cant really see any real profit in it  :lol:

and take a min. and think about it... wtf? lol is this really the purpose and point with crp-fucking-g?

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2014, 01:53:21 am »
CRPG IS A MOD THAT PITCH COORDINATED TEAMS AGAINST RANDOMERS!

ah ok, then I know why we have this low population. think ill quit and let the epeen whores play their epeen-designed mod.

gj.