Author Topic: Time to end the range whine.  (Read 4556 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Time to end the range whine.
« on: December 27, 2013, 07:18:05 pm »
+26
First of all i wanna say, that i really hate archers, its the only ranged class i hate cause of the amount of dmg and havoc they can wreck with bodkin arrows the amount of arrows they carry an their fast little bows.

BUT!!! I've settled with that, an accepted that for people who wont bother to learn or play melee should have a option to deal the same dmg.

People, srly.. have you forgotten how much op and retarded they used to be, when one single archer could outrun 7 inf players and shoot em to death solo :?:

My point is, range is fine as it is now, so stop complaining about range, just be thankful that they made archers unable to kite, that was the most retarded demotivating factor to play this mod ever :!:

So just try an adapt, an stick together an use shield walls.

Avoid charging a hill with a range stack.

Dont go out in the open, when outnumbered by range.

Let cav try an harrash the range blob before you charge.

In short, stop charging like retards, also try an dodge more. Nothing is more easy to land hits on, then a guy running in a straight line.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Time to end the range whine.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 07:28:32 pm »
+25
You drunk?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Villain

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 116
  • cRPG Player
  • Fudusious (Ruff Ryders)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fudusious is gay
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 07:30:54 pm »
+1
First of all i wanna say, that i really hate archers, its the only ranged class i hate cause of the amount of dmg and havoc they can wreck with bodkin arrows the amount of arrows they carry an their fast little bows.

BUT!!! I've settled with that, an accepted that for people who wont bother to learn or play melee should have a option to deal the same dmg.

People, srly.. have you forgotten how much op and retarded they used to be, when one single archer could outrun 7 inf players and shoot em to death solo :?:

My point is, range is fine as it is now, so stop complaining about range, just be thankful that they made archers unable to kite, that was the most retarded demotivating factor to play this mod ever :!:

So just try an adapt, an stick together an use shield walls.

Avoid charging a hill with a range stack.

Dont go out in the open, when outnumbered by range.

Let cav try an harrash the range blob before you charge.

In short, stop charging like retards, also try an dodge more. Nothing is more easy to land hits on, then a guy running in a straight line.

I think your right in every point except one, BAN BODKINS! But yes adapt, get 1-3 shield skill with ur 2h weapon , or go shielder. So many things to counter it. Remember we gay mele, they gay range. Everyone's gay.

Giev looms plox

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 07:33:45 pm »
You drunk?

No, i just remembered how retarded archery where back when they could kite, an now we at least have a chance to fight back. So ive stopped an thought, how come people still wanna nerf ranged  :?:

An ive noticed that, its only when the server becomes disorganized that inf blob gets ridiculed by ranged.

Also with the motf comming [Granted i know its not working right now, since spawn is bugged] I really dont think people will keep hating archery so much, so nerfing them wont do any good.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 07:34:35 pm »
+5
You're crying all day about archers, and now you see it different? Stop drinking boy.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 07:39:23 pm »
+10
Who are you and what have you done with Tzar?

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 08:09:55 pm »
+2
Some ranged hacked his account.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 08:15:23 pm »
+6
Inform moderators. Someone clearly has Tzar's account and is making pro-archer posts.

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 08:26:41 pm »
+1
Tzar is posting something constructive and you guys make jokes? Shame on you!  :lol:

Im with you Tzar.
Today EU 1 at 6pm gmt+1 we had the Fallen Archer Crew on the Server. About 50% of one team were these Archers. I know Fallens arent the best, but still they can play ranged decent. ;)

So there was the Melee Team and the Ranged Team and actually only the Melee side cried all map long while the Ranged kept firing at them while standing due to writing...In the end the ranged lost as many rounds as the Melees

--> the shit was balanced. Melees got into some teamwork and used their brains and they fucked the ranged team pretty good.
Bros never die!

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 08:50:39 pm »
+1
Instead of asking for range nerfs, i dont understand why we dont try an ask for melee buff.

Part of the reason people go range is because of the restrictions thats been put on melee.

Biggest of em all are the turn rate nerfs. Which for the love of god, really killed lot of the fun for melee players.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 08:52:53 pm »
+5
Instead of asking for range nerfs, i dont understand why we dont try an ask for melee buff

Simply because melee doesn't need a buff.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 08:54:39 pm »
Simply because melee doesn't need a buff.

k.

Wasn't, really a buff, more a buff fun factor for the melee crowd. Dont see how it effects you :?:

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 08:58:39 pm »
It might. I had suggested making plate armor particularly good at glancing arrows, so that melee players could always pull that one in their inventories, if the map was heavy on ranged. Balancing through buffs is always better.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 09:00:05 pm »
+9
It might. I had suggested making plate armor particularly good at glancing arrows, so that melee players could always pull that one in their inventories, if the map was heavy on ranged. Balancing through buffs is always better.
Plate armor makes the game a million times more boring.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2938
  • Infamy: 2845
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 10:41:34 pm »
+1
Damn you, Tzar. You found out about my secret plan you Byzmy old friend.

I've opened first nerf archery topic in months to test the waters. Luckily, people agreed with me. But whole point is to change the way players perceive archery. By acting like angry melee turd in nerf archery topics and presenting actual facts about archery in change (read: buff) archery threads I wanted to turn the tide and actually buff my desired hybrid archer and revert last few nerfs Paul did. But now my cover has been blown, by a member of Byzantium Kingdom.

I apologize for trying to manipulate the devs and for lobbying in general. It's Thomek's fault, he taught me this wizardry.

In other words, you can proceed with archery nerfs, I won't try to stop you.