Poll

Will it be better than bannerlord?

Yeah, way better
97 (43.1%)
Don't think so
128 (56.9%)

Total Members Voted: 225

Author Topic: Kingdom Come: Deliverance  (Read 61219 times)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance
« Reply #480 on: March 01, 2018, 03:30:30 pm »
It's not about how you treat it. It's about how the game presents itself. The game is telling you a thing and then it does something opposite. It feels like riding a train and suddenly the tracks stop and you have to walk through snow and mud to get on the next one, because they hadn't had time to make the tracks inbetween. At times you have to push the train, because the tracks are there, but there's no power.
And they did have about 6 million dollars in budget. The problem isn't that there's some crucial feature missing from the game, but that there's so many unfinished things and it feels like if they took extra 6 months bugfixing it'd be nearly perfect. I bet if they haven't spent so much money on famous voice actors they could've made it.
Or even simpler, they should've just stuck to their original plan of making it episodical.
Instead they went for an all-in-one and it really shows. Not only is it unfinished, but you can see, especially if you played the alpha/beta where some drastic design decisions were made. The most obvious the actual theme of the game. They went from making a story oriented game in an immersive environment to a survival micromanagement simulator with story elements in a sandbox that balances filler garbage with unique ideas and falls flat on its ass when it hits the performance wall.
They went for a more ambitious project, but ironically their original idea was a Hollywood blockbuster movie compared to the mobile game they've made. And really it is a mobile game, isn't it? Or a browser game. It's got micromanagement, cinematics sprinkled in...you know, it's like a pixelart piece stretched over a frame meant for an oil painting. It just doesn't sit well with itself.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #481 on: March 01, 2018, 04:55:58 pm »
game is just too buggy for me to enjoy right now, peoples heads randomly vanish and textures can just stop loading for something for no reason despite me having enough pc power to run on high (im running medium) Think ill wait for a patch or some better optimisation before playing much more
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 02, 2018, 01:09:59 am »
+3
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #483 on: March 05, 2018, 12:04:13 pm »
Isn't there supposed to be a dog companion?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #484 on: March 05, 2018, 12:22:06 pm »
+2
Isn't there supposed to be a dog companion?

Yes, there was. If you play the first like 3 hours you can even see when you are supposed to get him, and they even forgot to remove him from the cutscenes from when you are on the wagon to Rattay. It's that dog you meet in the village before meeting Runt. They didn't add him into the game because they couldnt figure out a way to make dogs function in combat (ever notice how none of those guard dogs dont attack you) without it being game breaking. There is also supposed to be a female protagonist that you can play as, but that's not in the game either. Rumor has it that she will be added, but instead of being able to do the entire storyline you will be able to play a story that happens alongside the story with Henry. Something about him being captured and she is working to save him (Theresa maybe??). Could be pretty cool depending on how they handle it. That being said, there is no ETA on any of it so who knows. Most of this was taken from reddit posts of czech people translating interviews with the games creator so take it all with a grain of salt.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #485 on: March 05, 2018, 01:59:05 pm »
+3

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #486 on: March 05, 2018, 03:40:14 pm »
I've noticed some quest makers have disappeared (as in places where you can get a new quest), not sure what that could be about, maybe I advanced too far for the specific quest. Pretty sure that's the case at least and that I haven't just picked them up and forgotten.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #487 on: March 16, 2018, 09:40:42 pm »
no comment

This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 16, 2018, 10:21:56 pm »
Is this game patched to any considerable degree yet? Been waiting to play it until it was.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #489 on: March 16, 2018, 11:08:31 pm »
I feel like it actually has more bugs after recent patches, not less :(. I'm still unable to finish about half of my side quests because of missing dialogue options or cut scenes that won't trigger. Not sure if I should be restarting the game or just wait for a few more updates.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #490 on: March 16, 2018, 11:08:39 pm »
There have been a couple of small ones and a pretty big one, I'd say there's no harm in buying / playing even the launch version though current is a lot more stable, they optimized the game more so I can now sit on very high with a lot more frames than before and the random freezes where the game would take 100% of the cpu is gone. But if you really wanna be safe wait for the next patch I guess, or just pirate and try the gog version and see if you have any problems, I've been pretty lucky and barely had any.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 17, 2018, 05:27:36 pm »
Thanks, will try it out.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 28, 2018, 11:39:29 pm »
+1
@1:35

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 30, 2018, 06:36:17 am »
Tried this and Jesus Christ, the developers are fucking retarded.

What on Earth would make them think that a vacant-eyed, whiny-voiced autist was a good choice for a protagonist? And the tutorial is completely dumb, it (as in, everyone in it) treats Henry like a ten year old.

I Alt+f4'd after a literal fifteen minute "fist fight" that ended in the game telling me to go see my mumma to get patched up. Awful combat, awful story, awful writing in general, awful voice acting, awful animations, awful design choices.

One of the worst games I've ever played. Fuck off, Viktor.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:39:44 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 30, 2018, 06:44:54 am »
the official xant review of KCD just in. xant is the horse https://youtu.be/oD8Q7jkBdh0
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die