Author Topic: Strategus Reset?  (Read 6244 times)

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
Re: Strategus Reset?
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2013, 04:33:59 pm »
See my post about a new item "food" that would control how large of a garrison a fief can have.  You can transfer food from one fief to another (to make a larger garrison at castles/cities).  No reason to have artificial troop caps...have a product (food) control the garrison sizes.  You'd then be able to besiege a castle/city and starve them out.

I hace seen it, I like it, but I think most of the community thinks its to much micromanaging
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2013, 08:07:08 pm »
but that would royally screw over small or solo player factions  :cry:

How many troops do you want???  Is 1100 not enough to do something with as a solo player?

(click to show/hide)

Fiefs already add tickets through their populations.  They also give discounts to equipment and goods through taxes, the potential to make money off other players through taxes and the control to loom what you want.  Do need for extra tickets as well imo.

One possibility for score though is that

Score = ( Total_Faction_Renown + PP_gained_from_owned_fiefs ) / ( Strat_ticks_used_by players + tickets_received_from_outside_of_the_faction )

May need to tweak renown to be a similar sized number as PP but that would give a comparative score for all factions regardless of size.  Not perfect but its at least a starting point.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2013, 10:34:20 pm »
1100 enough to do what when most fiefs are stacked with 5k+ :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2013, 01:30:46 am »
+2
I've noticed that the NA community is thinning out quite a bit, used to be that both sides would have 51/51 slots filled.  Now we're lucky to see one side with 45+, and usually one faction can be missing 10+ mercs, if not both sides.

Yet another reason to give Strategus a rest, people need some time to recuperate from burning out so badly.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2013, 03:55:10 am »
Score = ( Total_Faction_Renown + PP_gained_from_owned_fiefs ) / ( Strat_ticks_used_by players + tickets_received_from_outside_of_the_faction )

May need to tweak renown to be a similar sized number as PP but that would give a comparative score for all factions regardless of size.  Not perfect but its at least a starting point.

I think you need two different scores.

One score that rates "Power" and one that rates "Performance".

Power is just totals;

Fief PP

+

Total renown

Performance;

Fief PP / by total number of players

+

Average renown (Total renown / players)

Performance should indicate clan activity more than just raw power.

FPF

Total power

+
=

Performance

+
=

I think that fief PP would need to have some weighting system or renown needs to have some arbitrary reduction applied to it so the number isn't spastic.

Those numbers aren't totally accurate at all. They are best guesses.

----

As far as fiefs contributing troop counts and historical accuracy goes. It's $$$ that fund wars. Charles the first invaded England being bank rolled he controlled no "fiefs" :P
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2013, 07:10:16 am »

Fiefs already add tickets through their populations.  They also give discounts to equipment and goods through taxes, the potential to make money off other players through taxes and the control to loom what you want.  Do need for extra tickets as well imo.

Fiefs wouldnt ADD extra tickets Tomas - they would set the LIMIT of the faction ticket capacity in total. SO if you are loosing a war, loosing fiefs your cap would go down while the winners cap go up - would solve some problems with this strat

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2013, 08:35:16 am »
+4
Instead gear would have an S&D type situation that would require you to really look out for what you do with your armies because replacing 1500 man tin can army is going to be a massive expedition. This would also increase the use of towns as points of sale for gear.

Add on top shitty loot zystem...  :| And this will lead to even greater fiefs turtling  :P cuz no one will not willing loose rare gear under walls  :?

strat need to be more arcade
lose fief? fuck dat shit i will take another one tomorrow
for now losing fief after 1 year turtling = GTXe gimme restart!

also fief respec is so retarded, in 1 week  u loose PP for a half year..... 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:50:04 am by Vovka »

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2013, 09:09:52 am »
+1
Add on top shitty loot zystem...  :| And this will lead to even greater fiefs turtling  :P cuz no one will not willing loose rare gear under walls  :?

strat need to be more arcade
lose fief? fuck dat shit i will take another one tomorrow
for now losing fief after 1 year turtling = GTXe gimme restart!

This is what I mean, loosing a fief doesnt matter now, but with this system loosing a fief and your army will starve off a bit due to lowered faction troop cap - while the attacker by taking your village just raised his faction troop cap and can grind more troops and attack again.

Options for the loosing side:
Turtle - will only make the attacker stronger since he will have some time to gain the extra ticket from taking the fief, while the defender will loose some tickets due to his faction troop cap being lowered
Counterattack - will not let the attacker gain anything from taking the village if done in quickly, regaining the village will help your troops from starving

So, aggressiveness, larger offensive campaigning, well planned strategies is profitable while turtleing is not

This would also apply if an attacker takes out all of the enemies villages and is standing outside a castle with to many troops compared to the defenders faction troops cap. Attacker could then just wait and see the large garrison inside slowly decrease in numbers (sort of a siege in real medieval battles). If the defender doesnt try something, his troops will fasde until its down to the faction troops cap.

Attack and be rewarded if succeeding, defend and be punished if loosing - loose 3-4 fiefs in a row and feel the same panic as you do when a member of your faction has no silver for upkeep but an army of 2k troops - you have to act to stop them from starving. Do u see what I mean Tomas??

example: (forget about the exact numbers - they could be worked out later its just to show the system)

Faction A
3 villages - adds 2000 per village to faction troop cap
1 Castle - adds 4000 per castle to faction troop cap
Initial troops cap for a fiefless faction - adds 5000 to faction troops cap
Total faction troop cap = 15000 (the maximum amount of troops faction A can grind)

Faction B
5 villages - adds 2000 per village
Initial troops cap for a fiefless faction - adds 5000 to faction troops cap
Total faction troop cap =  15000(the maximum amount of troops faction B can grind)

1. Faction B attacks and takes 2 villages frrom Faction A
2. A looses 4k in faction troops capacity while B raises his troop capacity by 4k(they dont gain the troops, the have only changed the limit of how many troops they can have)
3. A starts to loose troops much like starving - while B start gaining troops in the normal grinding way
4. If A doesnt act - he will at some point have 8k less troops than B
5. B could then continue to attack and take the last village - lowering the cap for A with 2k and raising it for B with 2k
6. A is now down to just the castle and with the initial troop cap + the castle troop cap he can only have 10k troops inside - if he has more they will start to starve
7. So A has to counterattack or get allies to help - turtleing will only help B in the LONG run, short turtleingtime could still be useful ofc for A until friends or allies arrive to help A

B has used the attacks to raise his troop cap, he still needs active players to grind the actual troops ofc, but he has made A weaker since A cant grind more troops than his faction troop cap - even if he has 4000 active accounts in his clan. 

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:27:42 am by GRANDMOM »

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2013, 09:41:40 am »
Voting was also shit but at least the result was much better.  Numerous clans were able to establish themselves both big and small and they were even able to survive.  The fact that it was a hidden vote also forced the bigger clans to waste votes on securing their main claims which left even more room for smaller clans. 

do u have map of strat right after voting? i dont remember "numerous" small clans on map my memory is too short ^^
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:43:33 pm by Vovka »

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2013, 09:48:33 am »
(click to show/hide)
All this does not make sense, if the patch in december 2013 will remove a 1/3 rule
It would be risky to hold more than 5k in the fief, and the small clans will only benefit if they can attack with 1800 a fief with a garrison in 20k and manage to cap all flags
I think it will be work well but a bit  too late  for like a year i think :o

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2013, 11:49:11 am »
+2
All this does not make sense, if the patch in december 2013 will remove a 1/3 rule
It would be risky to hold more than 5k in the fief, and the small clans will only benefit if they can attack with 1800 a fief with a garrison in 20k and manage to cap all flags
I think it will be work well but a bit  too late  for like a year i think :o

Removing the 1/3 rule will make it easier to attack - not make it more worthwhile attacking

Keep 2,5k in garrison and 10k on you inside a fief, if you loose you instantly attack, if you win, just add up to 2,5k again. Turtleing wont dissapear - clans will just adapt

And if ONE clan can grind more tickets than it can possibly loose during a day - in one castle or town its ridicoulos.

Set a troopfaction cap dependant on the amount of fiefs owned by that very faction and there would be much more flexibility in the game - it seems to me strats dont vary much from previous strats - this would change that - coalition, mercs, greys, DRZ, Wolves, Kapis could actually loose if implemented - now they cant loose by pure force or strategy -they can only loose if the members become inactive

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2013, 12:00:29 pm »
Removing the 1/3 rule will make it easier to attack - not make it more worthwhile attacking

kk we have 2 factions with 20k cap and 5 fief in each
so how ur system force them attack each other? its doesn't 

And if ONE clan can grind more tickets than it can possibly loose during a day - in one castle or town its ridicoulos.
multiplier for loses in battles, sadly it did not work properly   :(

Set a troopfaction cap dependant on the amount of fiefs owned by that very faction and there would be much more flexibility in the game - it seems to me strats dont vary much from previous strats - this would change that - coalition, mercs, greys, DRZ, Wolves, Kapis could actually loose if implemented - now they cant loose by pure force or strategy -they can only loose if the members become inactive
Its all about # of members, more members more chances to find one or two among them, with brains and free time for run faction, strat mechanical will not change the fact that on the mapat end  will stand one of these factions.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:10:57 pm by Vovka »

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2013, 12:08:59 pm »
kk we have 2 factions with 20k cap and 5 fief in each
so how ur system force them attack each other? its doesn't 

There are a little more variables than that still in strat vovka :)

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2013, 12:23:40 pm »
There are a little more variables than that still in strat vovka :)

Look, crpg community can accumulate 10000000000 troops per day can run 500 caravans and get money, they have atleast 6 hours of prime time  every day for run battles....
but? they dont give a fuck
 And now u suggest cap all dat players who do the shit, grind tick's on servers, grind troops, run caravans for upkeep
for? cos all others dont give a fuck and don't want do the same.

- delete 1/3 rule
- less managment (as example free transfer strat tick's or selling on market  cuz alot of players have 1000000000 ticks but its to hard for them give a fuck about dat  :P))
- night time prime time for whole faction for attack and defend actions
- multiplier for big battles
- forget about "oh it will be so cute for small clans" cuz it wold't never, small faction -  dead faction unless they are not useful for big one.

the basic idea that I'm trying to say: make strat easier for the lazy and stupid plebs, but not harder for hard working and successful factions ))

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:53:45 pm by Vovka »

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2013, 03:02:34 pm »
+2
do u have map of strat right after voting? i dont remember "numerous" small clans on map my member is too short ^^

ahh made me lol more than it should :D (member is another word for penis if you didnt know)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk