cRPG > Scene Editing

Map-making and Siege Beta Guide, Submitting and Maintaining maps

<< < (2/5) > >>

Elindor:
Fips, any comment on the misnaming of the maps in the HOST options that Thranduil and I are talking about?

Teeth:
The way Fips told me to do it works perfectly. I'll explain it in here because it would save us a lot of work if you all are able to test doors and stuff yourself. I think the map rotation names are 20 spots off with the scenes. If you want to see a certain map, you will have to host the map that is 20 spots down in the rotation. This is how I do it:

- Rename any map you want to host/test to a random blank, I use blank 12 for example
- Copy your renamed map, for example scn_blank_12 into your regular cRPG/SceneObj folder
- Change the terrain code of scn_blank_12 to the terrain code of your map in the scenes.txt
- Launch regular cRPG with the launcher (without WSE2)
- Host blank 32, which 12+20. If you used blank_46, host blank 66 and so on. You can host all game modes no problem by the way afaik.
- Test that shit

Also if you find the map selection window in the hosting screen annoying, you can also host a random map and submit a poll, which gives you a much easier selection window.

Fips:

--- Quote from: Elindor on July 23, 2013, 04:27:16 am ---Fips, any comment on the misnaming of the maps in the HOST options that Thranduil and I are talking about?

--- End quote ---

I think i found something in the code which in my opinion could cause this. But they are only comments (after a #) so they shouldn't do anything at all. But the thing is, in the scripts there are exactly 20 comments behind the map-codes, so i don't know.
I also remember having to click only on the next map in the list when i started making maps and hosting them, and there is another random comment behind only one line in the scenes file.
Coincidence? I think not. But i have to wait for jackos response if i can just delete those comments (and see what happens after the next patch xD).

Thranduil:

--- Quote from: Fips on July 23, 2013, 11:33:41 am ---I think i found something in the code which in my opinion could cause this. But they are only comments (after a #) so they shouldn't do anything at all. But the thing is, in the scripts there are exactly 20 comments behind the map-codes, so i don't know.
I also remember having to click only on the next map in the list when i started making maps and hosting them, and there is another random comment behind only one line in the scenes file.
Coincidence? I think not. But i have to wait for jackos response if i can just delete those comments (and see what happens after the next patch xD).

--- End quote ---

Are copies of the files on your computer? If so, you can just build a new module and test it. If you have all the .py files and the Windows Batch File build_module, then edit the python code, run the batch file and test in-game. It should be as simple as that.

EDIT

Another possibility (and this is all the more likely) is that the order of the maps in the files module_scenes.py and module_scripts.py do not match. If they do not match, then you could see this issue. Actually, depending on terrain codes and map sizes, you could see worse and the problem would be more obvious then, but again, this is just another possibility.

--- Quote from: Teeth on July 23, 2013, 11:04:44 am --- (click to show/hide)The way Fips told me to do it works perfectly. I'll explain it in here because it would save us a lot of work if you all are able to test doors and stuff yourself. I think the map rotation names are 20 spots off with the scenes. If you want to see a certain map, you will have to host the map that is 20 spots down in the rotation. This is how I do it:

- Rename any map you want to host/test to a random blank, I use blank 12 for example
- Copy your renamed map, for example scn_blank_12 into your regular cRPG/SceneObj folder
- Change the terrain code of scn_blank_12 to the terrain code of your map in the scenes.txt
- Launch regular cRPG with the launcher (without WSE2)
- Host blank 32, which 12+20. If you used blank_46, host blank 66 and so on. You can host all game modes no problem by the way afaik.
- Test that shit

Also if you find the map selection window in the hosting screen annoying, you can also host a random map and submit a poll, which gives you a much easier selection window.
--- End quote ---

Okay, so I was right. The magic number 20 only applies to black scenes though. The ones with names can be out of sorts anywhere from 16 to 20 maps.

Fips:

--- Quote from: Thranduil on July 23, 2013, 06:40:01 pm ---Are copies of the files on your computer? If so, you can just build a new module and test it. If you have all the .py files and the Windows Batch File build_module, then edit the python code, run the batch file and test in-game. It should be as simple as that.

--- End quote ---

I removed them and since it won't cause any trouble (according to jacko) i'll just wait for the patch and be totally surprised then...well, if it worked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version