Author Topic: Is the influx of new players, in your opinion, good or bad? Here's my take:  (Read 6407 times)

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
I remember when I fist joined crpg, I was wrecking tincans with my wood stick, bunch of scrubs, so MLG pro, chambers fientz xxx 360nosc0pezxxxxx legit
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
Dying constantly because you don't know how to play well is one thing. The game wouldn't be worth playing if you could just jump in and be good without any practice. I'm against making any concessions for new players wrt. this.

Dying because you are physically incapable of doing reasonable damage to enemies is quite another thing. It's a bullshit arbitrary hurdle that players have to leap before they can get into the real game, after which they are still going to get slaughtered because they don't know how to play.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
good for the game, bad for the newcomers
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
New players, you say?

But really, if even a few new players stay I will be happy. Can't have a fun game community if it's stagnant and slowly losing numbers!

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
People, retire more. Join the peasant army!!!  The max lvl 20 Server needs some population!!  :!:

Just retired myself yesterday ... and I admit ... being one of two peasants on battlefield ... is just really feeling stupid. But on the upside, it did not last full hour to get level 10 and then things start to become somwhat reasonable.

Low level server is there, but most of the time empty. Maybe some bots?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
If the low level server were on NA i think it would get more use. I see a boatload of peasants these days in NA.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
The influx of new people is good even if we only retain a small % of them.

What would be nice is if new players were not insulted or given mass trolol answers when they ask a newbie question ^^

I love asking back: How to install the game?
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
The game isn't easy to get started with, at level 1 you're useless in terms of speed, damage output and resilience to damage, and even the worst regular players here (like me) could shit on 95% of your average native player. Add all that together and it's a tough game to start with, and if you're ego can't handle being fucked in every encounter for a few levels then you'll likely quit.

It's a bit like a selection process. cRPG is hardcore or die, so there is always a high level of competition that makes it worth playing.
(click to show/hide)
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV