Author Topic: EU Clan League Season 2 discussion  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
EU Clan League Season 2 discussion
« on: June 24, 2013, 01:30:32 am »
+7
We're looking to start up season 2 of the EU clan League soon however we have a few suggestions that we'd like feedback on before we move on.  Some of these are pretty big changes so please read carefully.  Click http://www.fallenbrigade.enjin.com/rules for the old rules if you need to look them up.

1) FORMAT

First of all we are considering a change to a ranking system similar to the duel rankings.  Expected results are calculated based on each team's previous points ranking and then new ranking points are awarded depending on the actual result and how much it is better or worse than the expected result.  This system would be continuous with each season building upon the previous season to get a more accurate ranking for each team.  You would be able to play each opponent as many times as you want though and seasons themselves would be 6 months long. Cash prizes would then go to the top team (most points) and the most improved team (biggest points gain in the season) so long as the teams have completed at least 10 fixtures in the season window. To give you an idea under this system the final table from last season would have read:

Byzantium - 1144 points
Deserters - 1068 points
Fallen Brigade - 1044 points
Mercenaries - 1044 points
HRE - 1012 points
Templars - 968 points
SB - 1068 points
Kapikulu - 940 points
Guards - 932 points
Ecorcheur/Imperiale - 880 points

The advantage of this system is that it is easier to find opponents and it is more casual overall with teams being able to fight as and when they have players available during the season.  If you want to hammer out all 10 fixtures in the first month of the season then this is fine.  Hopefully this will mean more clans can take part overall without having to commit to being active for long periods of time.

I have a spreadsheet that calculates the points easily but also have an Ms SQL database that does it (I'd just need to host it somewhere).

2) ROSTERS

We'll definitely be moving away from the 30 player rosters but how far away is the question and we're definitely open to suggestions here.

Option 1 - So long as the player has a correct banner for their team and is not active within another team with the same or any other character, then they are fine to play.

Option 2 - ?

3) Equipment Limits

Option 1 - Stick with Eastern Star Scale and below as a limit on Body Armour and continue counting Heavy Horses twice compared to Light Horses.

Option 2 - Apply a gold limit (like in the NA League) to curb the use of the heaviest armours/horses.

Offline crazybob

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_SlickyRicky, Flamed_Burgher, Lady_of_Pain, LongShotJane
Re: EU Clan League Season 2 discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 07:56:51 pm »
1)
Great! More casual since you can play a match whenever you have enough people online. More casual = more fun :)

2)
Agree that the roster rule could be eased up, takes too much administration and option 1 makes it possible to play more casually and still be in a league match when you happen to be online.

3)
I really dislike all types of equipment restrictions. But here goes. 1 Is easier to control but is a boring (and unnecessary) restriction. 2 is a more fun option because you can decide yourself what to restrict but it might be harder for the other side to see if you follow the gold limit rule?

Offline ArcherHelot

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • GaycherGaylot
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants, Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: ArcherHelot
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 05:41:06 pm »
Who will take me on the team?
 :D

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 05:50:26 pm »
Who will take me on the team?
 :D
How do you think ?  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 09:00:05 pm »
How do we enter the league?

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline bagge

• Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 09:12:46 pm »
+1
Suggestions:

1) Create a fixture (casual is boring). Spread the matches between friday-sunday. One match at Friday evening, one match at Saturday afternoon and one on the evening. Make Sunday matches like the Saturday ones. If a clan can't get player for the match, W.O.

2) 8v8 only.

3) No gear restrictions, cav and archer limit should stay however.

I know Strategus battles may interfer with a match, but honestly, you could spare 8 members for a clan battle.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 09:53:33 pm »
making a event like that in the summer while all are on vacations > inst the best idea in my opinion ;)

2.)
rule should be lik:
- you have to play with the banner / have to be in the ladder of the clan for at least 14 days and max of the roster should be 35 chars
> in that way you have no abuusing
> evryone can change his roster all time if he get for example new members or old members active again  etc
-> can be easily checked by evry admin ;)

3.)
make it max heraldic transitional for armours and a max for heavy cav and ranged...
the rest i think shouldnt matter...

greetings

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline bagge

• Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 09:55:39 pm »
2.)
rule should be lik:
- you have to play with the banner / have to be in the ladder of the clan for at least 14 days and max of the roster should be 35 chars
> in that way you have no abuusing
> evryone can change his roster all time if he get for example new members or old members active again  etc
-> can be easily checked by evry admin ;)

I agree with the same banner. What I don't get is the max roster size of 35, when you can change it all the time? What's the point of a limit then? :P
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 10:40:32 pm »
I'd keep it all like last year but change the schedule. Do it on weekly rounds, 1  or 2 matches per week which are fixed matches and you play when you can arrange it with your opponent.

Week 1:                                                                  Week 2:
Team A vs Team B                                                   Team A vs Team D
Team C vs Team D                                                   Team C vs Team B
You have a week to play the match.                       You have a week to play the match.

This way clans can't complain about not have enough time to play and by the end of the season it stops teams from moaning that they didn't play enough matches. I also think it should be 8v8 only.

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 11:24:22 pm »
I agree with the same banner. What I don't get is the max roster size of 35, when you can change it all the time? What's the point of a limit then? :P

well,
you have to change the roster on the forum at the point you get someone in our out...
so admins have a easy job to check it ...
35 is just the number > so you dont take all alts of a player and just switching all over...> so you have still to think about who is cav, mellee and ranged in your roster, so a bit of taktic also while putting up a roster ;)

I'd keep it all like last year but change the schedule. Do it on weekly rounds, 1  or 2 matches per week which are fixed matches and you play when you can arrange it with your opponent.

if i have to fight 1-2 a week > i feel like WOW and i dont want to have that feelings...just make it like last time > if someone didnt finish all his battles in the end > his own fault!...but forcing people to do a match at least 1-2 a week isnt a good move

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 12:49:53 am »
It's not forcing, if you don't play a match or you can't for that week then you get a loss. No forcing done, it just is more organised so you know who you are playing.  Of course if one team has players waiting all week and another just can't get the players then the team with players shouldn't get punished but this could lead to arguments.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 01:26:29 am »
+1
Just a note on scheduled matches - we won't be doing them :P

Reasons
A) Strat.  For some clans 8 players is a hell of a lot and we don't want to force people to choose between Strat and the Clan League anyway.
B) The whole point of this league is that clans and admins have the absolute minimum amount of work for the maximum amount of matches.  Scheduling is counter to this in our opinion.
C) If clan Captains want to get together and schedule some of their matches that is their own decision but equally other Captains can take advantage of random activity spikes to set up completely impromptu matches against whichever other clan happens to be online at the time.
D) Under scheduling once you've played your opponent that's it, further matches are just for fun. I guess this one was also true of the old system.
E) Under scheduling if your opponent is inactive or can't field a team, you miss out.  You spend all that effort to get your clan mates online only to find you have no opponent.
F) Schedules hurt small clans more then big clans and therefore will lead to fewer clans in the league overall which means less suitable opponents for everybody and therefore less fun.  We want more clans not fewer and will always cater towards this aim.
G) Schedules prevent new clans entering the League until a new season starts. 

Offline ArcherHelot

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • GaycherGaylot
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants, Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: ArcherHelot
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 08:56:37 am »
How do you think ?  :P
Certainly, not Greys :wink:
Greys can never normally organize a team :?
Im leaving grays :wink: