Author Topic: cRPG is far too grindy.  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
Re: cRPG is far too grindy.
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 03:13:51 am »
+1
I live for the grind! I like progression in games, always striving for that loom point. ( because i'm gen 3 with no looms....bad with money and stuff )

Grinding coupled with a fun game is amazing!
Lol I did the same exact thing... sold my first loom point, spent it all, sold second one spent it all... gen 3 with 0 loom points or any heirloomed items and only around 100k LOL  :mrgreen:

There definitely is a big power gap between a fully loomed (armor/gloves/helm/shoes/weapon) level 33+ or someone under level 30 with no looms... but if there wasn't there wouldn't be too much of a reason to grind so hard for those next loom points. I think the main problem is not how long the grind is but how the xp system is set up to give higher gen players a larger amount of xp per tic... higher gen players with most likely a lot of heirloom items or points receive substantially more xp per tick than the much lower gen players who are trying to catch up... so for a new player starting C-rpg to even begin to catch up to the higher players he has to spend much more time playing the game than someone who is gen 15 with the gen xp bonus... I think that's the main flaw of the way it's set up, :idea: The new players/low gen toons should level faster and as you become higher gen it should get harder or take longer to reach the next gen. I think the newer players are especially deserving of more xp per tic than fully genned players because they have to deal with trying to play as a smuck peasant a lot of the time vs a heavy armored veteran high level player, which usually involves dying and waiting for a period of time and not much else.

It's like a triple hit to new players... you have no heirloomed items, you're gonna be lower level (most of the time as reach 31 or higher and retire again), and your gonna level much slower.
But new players are what this mod needs...

At least thats my 2 cents.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:22:43 am by Sir_Hans »

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 04:53:29 am »
+3
Exactly. People ask me why I pretty much only played my STF during the double xp event. Because it's the most fun...

and because you are probably in the top 3 of people owning most looms in the whole crpg community. fyi i also mostly play on stf, but thats more because we already have done shitloads of grinding gurnisson. we passed that phase*

Remove looms.

Getting level 30 quickly does not mean that you are on a level playing field compared to a fully loomed level 33-35, with of those two factors probably the looms being the bigger one, if the level 30 has none.

go play native. you have been lobbying for loom removal for quite some time now. it aint gonna happen brah. and tbh your logic is really broken to. removing looms will probably make alot of people who grinded their asses off rq, it will make the people who joined crpg, got hooked and just started getting their first looms rq. and oh ye removing looms wont magically make new players pour into this mod. want new players start a community advertising campaign or something....
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:58:49 am by rufio »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 08:29:20 am »
If they were to remove looms there would be less to grind for, which would make grinding almost trivial, which would take away the only thing which makes this mod fun: progression.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 07:11:32 pm »
Your mom's far too grindy

(EU translation:  I'm saying she likes grinding on penises)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 07:19:09 pm »
+1
The game is a grind if you choose it to be.  STF is always available and it is your choice to retire if you do.  Self inflicted bitching if you ask me.

Looms are a decent change from the base items, but without them we would have people averaging level 35.

I have been playing almost 2 years without looms and I am doing alright.

I did enjoy the gif, your muscular back really got me all hot and bothered

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 07:34:03 pm »
How is it a flaw when gen 16 players all went through the same process in achieving that status? It's absolutely fair although I wholeheartedly agree that the challenge is daunting yet achievable. C-RPG, regardless if you were to adjust the grinding process, will still only appeal to those who live for the grind as it's just that sort of game. A grind.

Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong