Author Topic: two suggestions  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
two suggestions
« on: April 12, 2013, 01:20:51 am »
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 01:42:16 am by Tomas »

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
Re: two suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 01:36:43 am »
Those crossbow suggestions...Talk about completely gimping any pure crossbowman build. If that were ever implemented, it would truly be the death of crpg.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 01:57:33 am »
the death of crpg.

lol - Care to explain exactly how xbows are completely gimped and why this would be the death of cRPG?

The difficulty changes are needed and backed by many xbowmen already (DaveUKR to name the most prominent) - at any rate they are countered in the better xbows by accuracy and missile speed buffs.
The 3 slot change to Arbalests forces hybrids down to the Heavy Crossbow and Crossbow and I can accept a few people will be upset over that but as a hybrid Arbalest user myself I can live with that QQ
Pure Arbalesters will have to settle for a 0-slot 1 hander, but there are decent options here now so its not a massive nerf.  Most pure xbows just run away anyway though.
The un-sheathable change to Arbalests and Heavy Crossbows doesn't really change much except to give a reason for using the Crossbow.  Runners will still run whilst melee fighters will still fight and if they win they just pick the xbow up again.
The other stat changes are pretty minor and are just done to add a bit of consistency to xbows

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 02:19:01 am »
lol - Care to explain exactly how xbows are completely gimped and why this would be the death of cRPG?

The difficulty changes are needed and backed by many xbowmen already (DaveUKR to name the most prominent) - at any rate they are countered in the better xbows by accuracy and missile speed buffs.
The 3 slot change to Arbalests forces hybrids down to the Heavy Crossbow and Crossbow and I can accept a few people will be upset over that but as a hybrid Arbalest user myself I can live with that QQ
Pure Arbalesters will have to settle for a 0-slot 1 hander, but there are decent options here now so its not a massive nerf.  Most pure xbows just run away anyway though.
The un-sheathable change to Arbalests and Heavy Crossbows doesn't really change much except to give a reason for using the Crossbow.  Runners will still run whilst melee fighters will still fight and if they win they just pick the xbow up again.
The other stat changes are pretty minor and are just done to add a bit of consistency to xbows

First, it means one stack of bolts. This is a problem. Make bolts 0.5 slot.

Secondly your changes mean that barded and up mean that in conjunction with medium armour you have no shield or no weapon. Might as well say "remove barded and up horses for balance reasons" and be done with it. Unless we want to see LLJK style nonsense with no weapon, a shield and riding on platepony trampling people. That's the only viable heavy cav build remaining. Just say "remove them" and be done with it. Reimburse people's heirloom points, while at it.

Same with super heavy armours, btw.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 02:22:37 am »
+7
Sounds great, can only carry a 0 slot weapon with an arbalest, and if you want to fight, you can't sheath the garbage either. Those suggestions are a joke, sorry.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 02:28:48 am »
1) Horses and Armour take up slots

Light Horses (Sumpter-Palfrey) = 0 slot
Medium Horses (Courser-Eastern) = 1 slot
Heavy Horses (Barded and over) = 2 slots

Would mostly just mess with everyone's build that rides a horse.

Super Heavy Armours (55-60BA) = 3 slots
Heavy Armours (50-54BA) = 2 slots
MediumHeavy Armours (45-49BA) = 1 slots
All other Armours = 0 slots
With similar splits on Boots, Gloves and Helmets*

You are taking it to far with the heavy armors.

*It is your heaviest item of armour that determines the slots used up.  So Gothic Plate + Heavy Gauntlets, Gothic Plate + Leather Gloves & Leather Scale + Heavy Gauntlets all equal 3 slots.  This is to allow players to keep continuity with armour sets.

Desired Result
- People using the heaviest armour/horses are forced to compromise on weapons and vice versa
- Can remove upkeep since stacking completely OP sets of equip is impossible

I agree with the horsemen thing, but your taking away from the already extremely limited diversity.

Reasoning
- Regardless of what people think about them, slots have proven to be a good way of balancing weapon usage (No Great Maul + Danish OP heros).  Upkeep meanwhile has proven a bad way of balancing overall equipment usage.  So lets just use the good way and scrap the bad :)

Yup changing required slots of items can destroy whole classes in cRPG take the 2 hander/Polearmer + Crossbow build for example.

Notes
- Some 1H would need to be made 2 slots to keep variety
- some more 2H and Polearms would need to be 3 slots

I feel like that would take away from variety.

2) Re-balance Xbows to the following stats (nerfs in red, buffs in green)

Hunting Crossbow (cheap but pretty crap)
Missile Speed: 40, Weight: 2.5, Accuracy: 80, Difficulty: 10, Speed: 175, Damage: 35p, slots: 1

Light Crossbow (HA weapon)
Missile Speed: 45, Weight: 3.0, Accuracy: 83, Difficulty: 12, Speed: 150, Damage: 47p, slots: 2

Crossbow (Melee focused Hybrid Weapon)
Missile Speed: 50, Weight: 3.5, Accuracy: 86, Difficulty: 14, Speed: 125, Damage: 59p, slots: 2, Can't Reload on Horseback,

Heavy Crossbow (Crossbow focused hybrid weapon)
Missile Speed: 55, Weight: 4.0, Accuracy: 89, Difficulty: 16, Speed: 100, Damage: 71p, slots: 2, Can't Reload on Horseback, Can't Sheath

Arbalest (Pure Crossbowman Weapon)
Missile Speed: 60, Weight: 4.5, Accuracy: 92, Difficulty: 18, Speed: 75, Damage: 83p, slots: 3, Can't Reload on Horseback, Can't Sheath

Just by glancing at this. You want to nerf all crossbow classes into the dirt. Its funny how the Pure Crossbowman weapon would require 3 slots- so 13 bolts total and a 0 slot 1 hander extremely limiting the choices in melee weapons. It's already to heavy and I have to have 9 athletics just to keep up with my team as it is. Changing the accuracy by 1, Damage by 3? and the missile speed by 2, doesn't really make up for the +3 strength requirement, making it slower to reload, adding another slot requirement, adding more weight, and unsheathable. Your change would be the death to Pure Crossbowmen.

Desired Result
- Proper variation in xbows and reasons to use all of them not just 2 or 3

Reason to not use any crossbows more like it. Also side note sorry for the reply within your post... but didn't really see another way to reply to this.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 02:58:44 am »
+3
You forgot 3) Increase the slot limit to at least 6

Because if the maximum slots stay 4, this suggestion is just plain retarded. And I'm having an hard time not being more graphic.

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 02:59:33 am »
+1
You forgot that 2 legs and 2 arms should take 4 slots. So in order to work properly use either legs or arms or a mix. That can also solve the problems.
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 03:19:02 am »
The Armour slot thing is a bit silly. Plate soldiers running around in leather gloves and leather shoes would look stupid.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 03:38:32 am »
+2
The Armour slot thing is a bit silly. Plate soldiers running around in leather gloves and leather shoes would look stupid.

He said "the highest armour group counts" which means if you wear plate it's ok to wear plate gloves etc.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 07:22:19 am »
+2
Can't sheath for a ranged weapon? This is the dumbest restriction I've ever read of in this forum. When you're sober you might want to edit your post.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 08:21:51 am »
+1
http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/1-5-slot-items/

A far nicer better way to help balance the game and INCREASE DIVERSITY.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 09:51:14 am »
(click to show/hide)

There are several problems with your suggestions.

- The upkeep system more or less killed heavy cavalry. You can be heavy cavalry only from time to time, if you have too much money. With your system, playing heavy cavalry would be impossible at all.
- Playing certain other classes would become impossible or at least very difficult
- If you planned on raising the slot amount you have at your disposal, like Kafein suggested to 6 or something like that, people would be able to take no armour and several weapons instead. You would have to separate the armour slots from the weapon slots, and would need to implement some kind of tradeoff-system (e.g. switching one weapon slot for two armour slots), which would again bring more difficulties (e.g. two handers not being restricted in their choice of armour at all)
- Kiting ranged players have always been a source of anger in cRPG. Generally infantry players dislike that ranged players try to avoid melee. While this behaviour is understandable, your suggestion would even improve that phenomenon. And I don't really see any need to restrict Xbow users in that particular aspect.

Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 10:06:43 am »
Patrick suggested this idea or something like it a long time ago:

EVERYTHING TAKES SLOTS. EVERYTHIIIING. You have a total amount of slots for weapons, armor, etc. Values adjustable.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 11:08:27 am »
Patrick suggested this idea or something like it a long time ago:

EVERYTHING TAKES SLOTS. EVERYTHIIIING. You have a total amount of slots for weapons, armor, etc. Values adjustable.

Yeah, actually I could imagine that buying slots for skill points could be fun. But this would need to be balanced carefully.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)