Other Games > Guild Wars

Check your accounts!

(1/3) > >>

Overdriven:
Well I thought I'd start up GW2 for the first time in a while and tried to log in only to be first told my account doesn't exist. So I recover it and then I try to log in with new password and I'm told my account has been terminated due to selling items or gold for real world money. I could only assume my account was hacked so I took a look on the forums (can't even log in there) and there's a host of people who have had the same problem very recently and are having to post through their friends accounts as the GW2 support is being slow about sorting each account out.

Hoping mine will get sorted soon but I strongly suggest people here keep an eye on their accounts as GW2 account security is clearly screwed if so many people are having issues.

Molly:
Hmm... that would mean installing GW2 again?

Yea, not sure if it's even worth the hassle...  :mrgreen:

...but thanks for the heads-up anyway, appreciated.

Aunt Edith says...

...just tried a login on their site and except a message that I haven't changed my password in a while I could login just fine. Guess I am safe :P

Overdriven:

--- Quote from: benkei on December 21, 2012, 10:26:35 am ---...just tried a login on their site and except a message that I haven't changed my password in a while I could login just fine. Guess I am safe :P

--- End quote ---

Bitch  :P

Vibe:
Not sure if related, but Heroes of Newereth account database was hacked not long ago, maybe if you used the same login for both games?

Overdriven:
Never heard of it so no. Well regardless it seems to be a very common problem at the moment. It sounds as though GW2 are just automatically shutting down accounts they think have been hacked and then restoring them later now they have this account restoration tool. Just need them to sort mine out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version