Author Topic: Teamwouding on the EU servers compared to US servers  (Read 4414 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Re: Teamwouding on the EU servers compared to US servers
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2011, 06:29:11 pm »
It might not register damage, but it does register kills.

Might not be able to do the fine for the initial hit but the kill might be entirely possible.

I think a small monetary penalty would be perfect for team killing, yes you do hinder your team, but its also a slap to WAKE THE F*&% UP and kill the right enemies! Saying that your team suffers enough is one thing, but those blood thirst swing all over the place or ranged people shooting into melee should take a personal penalty for "hurting their teams chances of winning".

Like I said it's not enough to break the bank, but certainly enough to not want to do it even just from carelessness.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2011, 06:31:59 pm »
Currently, without mirror damage:
player A hits Player B. Player B dies and Player A walks away although he was in the wrong.
With 100% mirror damage and a negation of team damage:
Player A Hit Player B. Player A dies, Player B does not take the damage. Only the person who did wrong was punished.

Oh look at that. Only one person is hurt when they team damage -- the person who was the spamming bad player, because they kill themselves rather than their teammates.
problem solved.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 06:33:51 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2011, 06:34:00 pm »
I would fully agree with you if:

People wouldn't run right next to me when I am trying to attack someone and walking into my swings, usually resulting in us both being killed under reverse damage mechanics.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2011, 06:34:28 pm »
Currently, without mirror damage:
player A hits Player B. Player B dies and Player A walks away although he was in the wrong.
With 100% mirror damage and a negation of team damage:
Player A Hit Player B. Player A dies, Player B does not take the damage. Only the person who did wrong was punished.

Oh look at that. Only one person is hurt when they team damage -- the person who was the spamming bad player, because they kill themselves rather than their teammates.
problem solved.

lol +1
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2011, 06:49:00 pm »
And then you see griefers jump in front of you... You hit him, you die, he wins...
No mirror damage.
Last night, i got 3 death on a map, all 3 were tk, but that's part of the game and it's like irl, it's a part of the war.
Ff have always existed, particulary by archers. Even in our time, you see a lot of ff in Irak or Afghanistan.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2011, 07:03:08 pm »
Charging someone gold and mirror damage are not effective ways to stop TK'ing all.  Take a page from well run HL based FPS mods and use a punish script.

WHen you get tk'ed you have option
1) Forgive
2) Punish

Server sets how many punish within X minutes before u get booted

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2011, 07:20:32 pm »
Charging someone gold and mirror damage are not effective ways to stop TK'ing all.  Take a page from well run HL based FPS mods and use a punish script.

WHen you get tk'ed you have option
1) Forgive
2) Punish

Server sets how many punish within X minutes before u get booted

Hitting the drunk camera punishment would be absolutely hilarious in this game.
-idlewind

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2011, 07:29:38 pm »
I would love to see a drunk camera option for tk punishment.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2011, 07:31:22 pm »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2794.45.html -> a simmilar discussion for those who do not want to search but are interested what has been said about this before. i bet if you search you'll fine even more threads about this

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2011, 07:52:52 pm »
I am by NO means a realism stickler, but c'mon, 100% mirror damage dealt to the 'tker'?  It's going to end up looking completely ridiculous.  A thrower hitting a teammate with a throwing lance and immediately dropping dead, while the teammate is walking around with a lance sticking out of his head... the game has grounds in realism on some level and introducing this "fix" would fly in the face of all that.  Same with the 'forgive' system or really any artificial fixes that are being offered. 

If people are so upset about TKing I'd suggest playing with friends more often or people you trust won't hit you in the back.  If you feel that someone is intentionally TKing you or wounding you, that's what admins are for.  Remember; this is a team game, and people who TK or wound are hurting their team (and themselves).

The mirror damage thing where the person hit receives no damage is also RIPE for griefing abuse as previously mentioned... I can picture the naked griefers now who dive in front of archers, mounts, xbowmen.  Yes admins can also help try and deal with this, but my point is this won't fix the problems and only detracts from things.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Baron_Settmour

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: ISIS_Sterling_Archer, Fallen_Ragnvaldr
  • IRC nick: Varangian
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2011, 07:54:08 pm »
Adding a drunk camera would only encourage TKing IMO. People would do it just for that experience. Rather, I think you should go dark if you TK for 1 minute. In other words, screen fades to black with "Team Killer" written on it and your character is subject to the wrath of the world around him.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2011, 07:59:29 pm »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2794.45.html -> a simmilar discussion for those who do not want to search but are interested what has been said about this before. i bet if you search you'll fine even more threads about this
not counting dozens of threads like this on taleworlds.com, in this case there is no difference between native and cprg.

That reminds me that friendly fire in melee wasn't even intended, it was a bug in one of the beta releases :)

Back on topic I played on several serves with different mirror damage settings, and observed two things:
1. People pay less attention not to teamdamage.
2. The raised of amount staggering all over the battlefield makes combat a pain in the ass.