Author Topic: Cmpx, you know why I am asking for it. Come here and see my suggestion.  (Read 18006 times)

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
Re: Cmpx, you know why I am asking for it. Come here and see my suggestion.
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2011, 07:50:24 pm »
You will most likely be hitting the arms (inc shoulder) or legs when you need to hit the chest or head.  Shots at a 90 degree angle to your target's movement direction (where the arm facing you shields the chest) are particularly vulnerable to this.  Also, running animations such as holding a 2h place the arms in front of the chest, thus they can block a chest hit.

Actually, arms are part of the body in Warband engine. If you hit them you do the same damage as if you would hit the chest.

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2011, 08:14:19 pm »
Actually, arms are part of the body in Warband engine. If you hit them you do the same damage as if you would hit the chest.

Well christ the sniper's shit.
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2011, 08:20:11 pm »

I could have sworn that limb bones did 80% damage...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2011, 08:42:34 pm »
Well christ the sniper's shit.
Took 5 gens to find that out, and now they will probably remove those heirlooms too. I like having a goal to work towards in the background behind derping about with gameplay styles, having an exceptional anti-2htincan weapon was one of my dreams since before patches. Sad story. Today a guy with an aketon survived a shot from my mw sniper/sharp steels setup in the body. When I died I was just speccing this dude riding round with my bolt in his back with tears streaming from my eyes.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Perceval

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2011, 01:37:51 am »
riding round with my bolt in his back
speed penalty.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2011, 05:07:01 am »
speed penalty.
He was actually on foot when I shot him, coming towards me, later he mounted the horse.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2011, 08:56:46 am »
Tomas is right. We can discuss about power of sniper crossbow (there will be no point in using heavy, when it will take 2 slots ;) ), but the fact is:

Sniper crossbow hardly can 1shot someone. To 1shot someone we need:

- target has to stand still next to us or run towards us;
- target has to be naked (if standing still) or at really light armor (if running towards us);
- target can't be str build (if target has more than 70 hp, naked guy standing still won't die/if target has more than 60 hp, light armor guy running towards us won't die)
- some of factors above may be not needed, if we have heirloomed sniper crossbow
- it can't rain, otherwise all the shoting is shit (not because bolt flies soooo slow, but because bolt flies SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sloooooooow if compared without rain. all the training without rain doesn't help you if your bolt flies in different way on battlefield)

Well...

"Nerf sniper crossbow", huh? If we can't use proper melee weapon with sniper crossbow from next patch on, buff sniper and heavy. If sniper needs 2 shot, I believe heavy needs sometimes even 3 shots -.-

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2011, 09:37:01 am »
Sniper crossbow hardly can 1shot someone.

I get 1 shoted by MW Sniper Crossbow with 40 body armor and 57 HP. Don't belive me, go watch DaveUKR or another guy with MW Sniper Xbow as half their kills are 1shots.

I'm not saying Sniper Xbow should be nerfed, but it doesn't need buffing either.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:55:12 am by Punisher »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2011, 01:05:54 pm »
Tomas is right. We can discuss about power of sniper crossbow (there will be no point in using heavy, when it will take 2 slots ;) ), but the fact is:

Sniper crossbow hardly can 1shot someone. To 1shot someone we need:

- target has to stand still next to us or run towards us;
- target has to be naked (if standing still) or at really light armor (if running towards us);
- target can't be str build (if target has more than 70 hp, naked guy standing still won't die/if target has more than 60 hp, light armor guy running towards us won't die)
- some of factors above may be not needed, if we have heirloomed sniper crossbow
- it can't rain, otherwise all the shoting is shit (not because bolt flies soooo slow, but because bolt flies SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sloooooooow if compared without rain. all the training without rain doesn't help you if your bolt flies in different way on battlefield)

Well...

"Nerf sniper crossbow", huh? If we can't use proper melee weapon with sniper crossbow from next patch on, buff sniper and heavy. If sniper needs 2 shot, I believe heavy needs sometimes even 3 shots -.-

Thank god chadz havent hired you to balance this mod.....
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2011, 01:25:25 pm »
I get 1 shoted by MW Sniper Crossbow with 40 body armor and 57 HP. Don't belive me, go watch DaveUKR or another guy with MW Sniper Xbow as half their kills are 1shots.

I'm not saying Sniper Xbow should be nerfed, but it doesn't need buffing either.
Does the system work by subtracting armour from the damage value received (after velocity calculations)? If so how much variance is there between shot damage at the same conditions (trajectory, distance, position)? Anyhow the damage reduction factor pierce is quite low isn't it? Or has chadz tweaked that? If I use a MW sniper with Sharp steels, 87p (that's what it says in-game, correct me if it isn't right) + 10p for the bolts = 97p. If you are moving towards them in any way, straight or diagonal, you are contributing to the speed bonus, which would bring that above 97p, so that's why you might die in one shot with that armour and health, if armour soak and block allows it. So how the hell did the dude in the aketon survive? As said before I suppose it must have been Ironflesh. So I guess it has its uses...

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2011, 04:23:22 pm »
I've seen it all in 1 gen of playing a dedicated crossbowman.

With 160 prof and sniper xbow (just a regular one, as I'm just trying it), I've had archers surviving bodyshots from 2-3 meters away. Guys in medium/heavier armour (the ones below transitional) surviving 3 hits. Naked people surviving a body shot from less than 15 meters away.

On the other hand, I've hit headshots on evading horse archers and killed archers over long distances in 1 shot (they could've been hurt allready).

For me, playing a crossbowman is a bit of a gamble. I kept track yesterday during some rounds in battle and out of every 10 hits (all ranges) I got an average of about 2 kills. The other 8 hits were survived.
People surviving bolts is particularly annoying when they're very close and I can't even switch weapon between the hit and their recovery.

IMO, sniper xbows are fine as it is.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2011, 05:15:42 pm »
IMO sniper crossbow needs +4 pierce points buff and heavy xbow +3 pierce.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #179 on: April 22, 2011, 06:14:32 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.