Author Topic: Strat 4 Announcement  (Read 39943 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Re: Strat 4 Announcement
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2012, 06:53:51 am »
Yeah the trade did matter. A number of NA players went and worked as traders in the EU and then came back to NA with literal millions and people just had dumb looks on there faces when they found out what was possible with a real trade route.

(click to show/hide)

I've already got a couple of deals worked out. It's going to be hell on ice, the sheer amount of drunken yelling in TS for those 8 hours are going to be worth the 80gb of hard drive space I'm going to fill with audio. I'll laugh my arse off if I get screwed over.

I get your analogy and I agree somewhat, it will be interesting to see what happens. I wasn't so much taking it as an election as wondering how to limit the power of those giant machines, hopefully the sheer volume of chaos and disorder + the fog of chadz will cause people to shit themselves and over vote.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 07:26:00 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2012, 10:43:37 am »
I've already got a couple of deals worked out. It's going to be hell on ice, the sheer amount of drunken yelling in TS for those 8 hours are going to be worth the 80gb of hard drive space I'm going to fill with audio. I'll laugh my arse off if I get screwed over.

Fuck me that will be funny,please edit all the good bits and turn it in 10gb and i will buy it off you ;)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2012, 11:15:40 am »
the world is filled with optimists :o)
i dont believe in anything starting with "s".
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2012, 11:23:46 am »
As long as horses are cheap it's fine. Last strat was ridiculous with horse costs.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2012, 11:27:03 am »
i dont believe in anything starting with "s".

Not even Sex ? Shamanism ? Sacraments ? Sadomasochism ? Saints ? Salaries ? Salvation ? Etc, etc.....
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2012, 11:33:16 am »
+1
Not even Sex ? Shamanism ? Sacraments ? Sadomasochism ? Saints ? Salaries ? Salvation ? Etc, etc.....
... Saracens

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2012, 12:05:57 pm »
As long as horses are cheap it's fine. Last strat was ridiculous with horse costs.
not only that, u still loose them if they are used in battle and "survive" :wink:

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2012, 02:28:14 pm »
good
My fridge is my shield

Offline BeastSVK

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights who say NI
  • Game nicks: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
  • IRC nick: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
« Reply #188 on: August 04, 2012, 04:02:56 pm »
in new strat should be some balance of how much free soldiers can hero have without upkeep..it could depend of how many heroes is in fraction..so 100+ fractions will not always eat for free on start smaller fractions..

Offline BoneSaw

• Earl
  • Renown: 301
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (HoC) Green regime
  • Game nicks: King BoneSaw
  • IRC nick: Glorious Supreme Leader Democratic People's Republic of HoC
« Reply #189 on: August 04, 2012, 04:05:24 pm »
+2
Good stuff! What about an NA/EU server split? I think many of us would like to see two servers for two maps???
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 04:23:18 pm by BoneSaw »

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2012, 04:29:01 pm »
+3
One map with sea between NA and EU would be way way better than two maps.

Offline mandible/splinteryourjaw

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 04, 2012, 05:39:49 pm »
+3
Yeah the trade did matter. A number of NA players went and worked as traders in the EU and then came back to NA with literal millions and people just had dumb looks on there faces when they found out what was possible with a real trade route.

:mrgreen:

Just some crazy brainstorming and running off of the mouth, but;

It just doesn't make sense that a group of 500 bandits can hide in a fief of 250 citizens and 50 army w/o being seen.  Then when an independent trader, who is already at a disadvantage because the bandits can see not only his troops and armed status; but most of all how many goods he is carrying, tries to enter he is attacked while entering by an unseen force.  I would think riding up to the village a caravan should be able to distinguish between 500 bandits running around the fief and the regular population.

3 ways to solve (many more but my thoughts.)

1. Would it be possible to make a no war/weapon zone around each populated area of about 1k meters. 
2. Have bandits receive neg. points for attacks.  This changes their color, size, shape of icon, or something on the map and can be seen by all whether they are in a pop. area or on the open plains.
3. Do like last strat and allow a player to view the occupants of a pop. area when they are say 2k meters close to it.

I like the no war zone the best.  Or maybe require all the troops and pop of the fief. castle, city to reinforce the people who are attacked within a 1000m area.  The logic being they are also defending trade to their area and their own livelihood...so a attack within that area is an attack on the pop. area.

This also means bandits would have to have a hide out with limited LOS to others, but when in the open the LOS is much longer due to their notoriety.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Raiding also needs something diff.  Right now people can evacuate a town when a raid is initiated.  Thats crazy!  A raid is fast and surprising.  Things that bother me about the raid;

1.  The raiders shouldn't get all the loot from a pop. area if successful...its a hit and run so they only get what they can see and ride away with quickly.  This isn't an attack where they take time to search every nook and cranny.

2.  Defenders shouldn't be able to reinforce or retreat w/ equip (they can run w/ troops and pop. though, but it should be considered a retreat, with the same loses as if it was a full battle, if it happens after the raid is started and b4 the battle.  Maybe they can retreat, but can't carry any crates in the retreat and just enough equip for each man which is then partially lost according to the retreat rules.

3. another fun thing would be if a raid battle started 5-8 hours after being initiated.  Yes this would limit the clan's/owner's ability to respond in due time...BUT IT IS A RAID!!! 8-)  It should also not be regulated by any nighttime setting.  Raids usually happen at night...so the raiders sneak in, attack, and run.  This means if you are caught on the toilet, drunk and hungover, on a hot date in another fief, sleeping peacefully with you cat, or whatever; you will take, initially, huge loses and then be able to mount an attack.  There would also have to be some controls between NA/EU raids though.  Its not fair that I can cross the Nebun/Vovka line and raid Dhrim during my primetime and Nebun's sleep time.  If I raid I should also be sacrificing my work time or sleep time. 

HHHMM maybe have the raid automatically default to the attackers nighttime setting????  Which has to be set at the beginning and can only be changed once a week or something, and if changed a raider can not raid a settlement for 10 days (but still has the ability to attack as normal.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufWgXA1XPTQ&feature=related

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I didn't find things to be too expensive this round.  I just had to make sacrifices and get what I really needed to operate and not any of the luxury items (gothic plate) until I could afford it.  As chadz said you had to pick between being slow and strong, or light and fast...I'm both and after the price cuts even more so!!!

I'm sure I can find other stupid things to suggest, I just don't have the time.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #192 on: August 05, 2012, 12:14:16 am »
+7
Not sure if this was covered somewhere in the 13 pages of this thread but I don't like this one:

Steeper troop upkeep graph that encourages smaller more numerous armies over larger armies as this gets more people involved.

Small battles are a pain in the ass.

If I know there's a 50v50 battle at 8:15pm, that means I need to set an alarm on my phone so that I can stop what I'm doing in real life no later than 8pm, get to my computer, log into teamspeak, log into Strategus, organize the roster, deal with angry people who signed up and didn't get in because there was no room, etc, all for a 3 minute fight.

Providing us with an in-game interface for adding and removing people from the roster would help a lot, if that's even possible.

INCREASING army size so that 250 is generally the smallest battle would at least keep the time investment worthwhile.  250v250 is, what, about a 15 minute fight?  That's a reasonable return for the trouble of the in-real-life organizing of a fight.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #193 on: August 05, 2012, 02:03:56 am »
+1
Neutral battles were the most fun way to lvl  :lol: They were also easy to get in so new comers could try out strat.
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2012, 04:28:12 pm »
Did they comment if strat 4 is happening this month?