Author Topic: Strat 4 Announcement  (Read 39936 times)

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
Re: Strat 4 Announcement
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2012, 10:44:38 pm »
+1
 :? Soooo does this mean lots of random battles now for free xp so no one wastes there troops/time and moneyz? Sign me up!!!

Everyone stock up on your plate armor! and attack each other go!!!! - just make sure you have gear for every class,  since you has all that money in your pockets and it all disappearing so soon.  :rolleyes:

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2012, 10:47:20 pm »
This sounds interesting.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2012, 10:50:30 pm »
Looking forward to it.

Also i was maybe one of the few to like the crafting.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2012, 10:51:12 pm »
no respawn just means shieldwalls standing apart untill the ranged run out of ammo to shoot ^^
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Arthur_

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 557
  • Infamy: 148
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Arthur
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2012, 11:15:01 pm »
The best what normal people can do now is wait and watch how everyting is going to hell. The only good thing what they have made is AI bandits and Caravans and even this is like =?=

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Jackie who?

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2012, 11:20:14 pm »
+1
When I discovered you could accumulate crafting points by choosing your gear on the Crpg mode to enhence your armies in Strategus, I found it was the most awesome thing ever... it's gonna be removed. The level up with the heirloom system in a battlefield with many players where skill is much more important than level ups is great, and letting  you that gear after in strat controlling your own army with players made it even better... That's, when you play, you have the buzz of getting this message anytime and get a lot more fun playing with expensive heirloomed items (like MW Heavy Gauntlets!) All that gave the strategus mode something awesome, and it seems we'll just be moving around for now and buying things in the village without being able to craft... Also players have grinded for months getting this message and building a Strat character with hard-earned crafting skills with their looms, why are people so excited about removing it?? I respect that, it's just kindof deceiving removing the fusion between the 2 mods of the mod, and had to say it.

Anyway would be great if we could keep the crafting mode with it in Strat 4 without removing the new things to add...

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2012, 11:22:53 pm »
If it's not too late and the developers wanted to help mix things up diplomatically next version, flipping the current NA/EU borders might help.  Otherwise people might just go for the same territory they currently hold.

I remember reading something about how we got the current borders so both EU/NA had equal access to towns next to the ocean for sea trade.

----

The no respawn thing sounds interesting but I agree with Osiris, there would be camping.  Also it'd be harder to do siege equipment.  For example: All attackers ladders broken before they can get on the walls, siege is over in minutes.  Attackers would more likely always build a catapult and knock walls down for 40-minutes.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2012, 11:26:00 pm »
I'd like to see if it's a 49 vs 49 army you should allow up to 49 people on each side to sign up for battle.  No respawning necessary...this should be the case for any battles that one side has less than 90 people (since we have 200 man servers).  And it should also be slightly scaled.  So if you have a 1000 vs 1500 man army, one side would have 105 troops, the other side would only have 95 (or sometihng like that, but would need to make it a very minimal amount).

For example, if a 49 troop army gets attacked by a 2000 man army, the one side should be able to spawn with 151 troops, and the other 49...I don't see a valid reason against this.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2012, 11:28:45 pm »
+9
What I'd like to do (not sure if the others agree) is increasing the respawn counter by 2 to 3 seconds per individual player on death. The beginning of strat battles will be like now, but the longer the battle goes, the harder it is to keep your ranks closed.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2012, 11:29:16 pm »
+2
When I discovered you could accumulate crafting points by choosing your gear on the Crpg mode to enhence your armies in Strategus, I found it was the most awesome thing ever... it's gonna be removed. The level up with the heirloom system in a battlefield with many players where skill is much more important than level ups is great, and letting  you that gear after in strat controlling your own army with players made it even better... That's, when you play, you have the buzz of getting this message anytime and get a lot more fun playing with expensive heirloomed items (like MW Heavy Gauntlets!) All that gave the strategus mode something awesome, and it seems we'll just be moving around for now and buying things in the village without being able to craft... Also players have grinded for months getting this message and building a Strat character with hard-earned crafting skills with their looms, why are people so excited about removing it?? I respect that, it's just kindof deceiving removing the fusion between the 2 mods of the mod, and had to say it.

Anyway would be great if we could keep the crafting mode with it in Strat 4 without removing the new things to add...

That's what I was thinking...it really connected CRPG and strat in a meaningful way.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2012, 11:31:52 pm »
+8
But it's just grind, and random one at that. It also forces people into playstyles they wouldn't do without. It had to go.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2012, 11:33:06 pm »
+2
great idea (respawn time higher I mean)

and the other we'll see

seem great but evil playerbase... if you know what I mean!
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2012, 11:35:18 pm »
+6
Just have two completely separate Strategus maps for NA and EU. No splitting of a single map, no random assignment of fiefs or whatnot.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Richter

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Richter, the pikeman.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Richter
  • IRC nick: Rallix
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2012, 11:36:52 pm »
+1
Actually, instead of longer respawns, why not simply have players spawn in waves?
Indeed.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2012, 11:38:12 pm »
+1
What I'd like to do (not sure if the others agree) is increasing the respawn counter by 2 to 3 seconds per individual player on death. The beginning of strat battles will be like now, but the longer the battle goes, the harder it is to keep your ranks closed.
It will also maybe encourage some people to not be suicidal and play a bit more conservative if their spawn time continously increases. There is always these few with 3 times as much deaths as most other people. Mostly because they are just deathmatching. The fact that deathmatching is possible is part of my problem with the battles. There is no weight to your life.

Actually, instead of longer respawns, why not simply have players spawn in waves?
Agreed, will help to facilitate tactics, cause the killhungry crowd has a lot of trouble with a simple 'meet up at battalion 1'. Will also enhance the epicness.