Author Topic: Strat 4 Announcement  (Read 39939 times)

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
Re: Strat 4 Announcement
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2012, 06:26:38 pm »
If I understood correctly, you won't need fief to recruit troops and you'll get more gold from crpg, so crafting will be just bonus, so it will be possible to play even without fiefs. Anyway there are too many changes announced and I can't even imagine how some of them will work... So I'm expecting next wipe in several days after start:)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 06:57:25 pm by serr »

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2012, 06:28:54 pm »
+6
separate EU and NA completely, or make it back so when u capture a fief u choose if its NA or EU

what is the purpose of castles and towns in strat 4,
if u don't need them to recruit troops then whats the point of owning them?

also, with corruption in place, whats the point in going to war with someone except fun? what are the benefits since you don't really need more land
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2012, 06:30:30 pm »
I wonder what will happen on strat 4 at start ; It will be massive online players ; chadz let me give a tip with that amounth of online you pretty easy get some money =)

Somehow I don't believe we'll see the day when our Austro-Italian devs take any tips from any Turk, let alone a manic-psychotic Turk like you.  :twisted:

On a side note - I really wonder if someone pushed a shotgun against CMP's head and gave him a choice: make full wipe or un-perma-ban Panos once more, you've gotta make a choice or your brain gets to decorate your walls.....what would he choose ?
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2012, 06:30:59 pm »
Castles as ever provide important strongholds which are much easier to defend that villages, able to hold off a larger force or a longer time than a village.
Turtles

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2012, 06:32:11 pm »
Please, either make 2 separate maps for EU and NA or bring back system we had in Strat 2. Idea about one map but two zones is good at start, but it really sucks in middlegame and later.

Agreed.  either split EU and NA (gives us two separate maps, split by ocean) or bring back the old system where whoever owns the fief decides if it's NA or EU. Open field battles would always be the defenders preference.

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2012, 06:38:05 pm »
Somehow I don't believe we'll see the day when our Austro-Italian devs take any tips from any Turk, let alone a manic-psychotic Turk like you.  :twisted:

On a side note - I really wonder if someone pushed a shotgun against CMP's head and gave him a choice: make full wipe or un-perma-ban Panos once more, you've gotta make a choice or your brain gets to decorate your walls.....what would he choose ?
not your place gnjus ; panos jokes are dead like panos so move along your 1 week experience is not a ticket to join this strategus comment fest

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2012, 06:40:51 pm »
+4
just make separate maps, we have tried this 1 map thing 3 times already and we always come to the conclusion that its annoying to play with bad ping  :rolleyes:

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2012, 06:44:08 pm »
Castles as ever provide important strongholds which are much easier to defend that villages, able to hold off a larger force or a longer time than a village.

nah, thats not enough to own one really at the start, the clan with villages will screw up the clan that only got castles or towns eventually
they must give u something special
when UIF looks at you

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2012, 06:44:19 pm »
+3
Just make the great wall or something and prevent EU and NA from interfering with one another, unless there's like port clans. I think it was discussed to death to make ports and tradeing via ports between NA and EU continents or something like that.

Give NA like a big island out on the side and let EU have calradia. NA is the new world after wall  :wink:

Concerning castles: Higher base population and better defensive location. Since crafting and recruiting is gone, the more defensible fiefs will be more prized.

Offline MarktpLatz

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: MarktpLatz_HRE MarktPole_HRE MarktArcher_HRE MarktShielder_HRE
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2012, 06:46:42 pm »
Just make the great wall or something and prevent EU and NA from interfering with one another

Why do I feel remembered on the cold war? :rolleyes:

After some time, there will be a call of someone : " mr chadz, tare down this wall" :P

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2012, 06:48:36 pm »
+3
about NA and EU split i will describe our experience when we went to attack Green Machine on NA.

after about 3rd battle none of our mele players and none of our allies wanted to sign up for those battles, we kept nagging them and asking to sign up. After war was over, just about all EU clans involved in fighting on NA said they won't ever go there again.

getting NA clans to fight for your is also pointless, because we don't want our clan members building armies so that someone else could waste them on NA. No fun in that at all.
when UIF looks at you

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2012, 06:51:23 pm »
+1
Just make the great wall or something and prevent EU and NA from interfering with one another

Please do. One of my role-playing ideas was the Night's Watch, my lads and I will man the wall, I'd fit perfectly into the role of the Old Bear.  :P
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2012, 06:51:55 pm »
What is everyones opinion on the NA/EU split this round? Was it enough, was it stupid, what would be a better alternative?

It made the map more static than Strategus v.1 and 2.  When everyone is crammed into a smaller area they're less likely to start wars with their neighbors.

I'd say keep the NA/EU split but increase the size of the map, make it so big that it would take two weeks to travel from one side to another on a horse.  Having more distance between factions might lead to more fighting since there's less mutually assured destruction. 

Or else the NA/EU split then some middle interchangeable area like Hobb mentioned if it's possible.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:14:16 pm by Knute »

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2012, 06:53:04 pm »
getting NA clans to fight for your is also pointless, because we don't want our clan members building armies so that someone else could waste them on NA. No fun in that at all.
I'll gladly give you an army to kill off certain armies if you were to give me an army to kill off all of our enemies :D

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2012, 06:58:47 pm »
+4
Will field battles fought in the south be desert, north on snow, and eastern steppe random maps finally?

Since the game now keeps track of the terrain you are on is it now possible to choose the random maps based on the terrain?