Author Topic: Strat 4 Announcement  (Read 39857 times)

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
Re: Strat 4 Announcement
« Reply #270 on: August 15, 2012, 08:51:34 pm »
Well, in order for the merc thing to work, you'd have to show the applicants equipment on the merc roster to verify if all the mercs have sufficient equipment for themselves. That could be very time consuming for anyone accepting mercs for a battle.
Pock gobblers

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 16, 2012, 02:08:25 am »
+2
Well, in order for the merc thing to work, you'd have to show the applicants equipment on the merc roster to verify if all the mercs have sufficient equipment for themselves. That could be very time consuming for anyone accepting mercs for a battle.

Mercs would be listed as unarmed, lightly armed, heavily armed, shiny, etc (as they would be on the map). If someone joins you "unarmed" you would know that they are unarmed and would default to using the gear you supply them with (if you choose to do so). If someone joins you "heavily armed" you would know that they are going to mean business and should be paid accordingly.

Also for my previous post, I forgot to add that you should be able to join battles at greater distances if they are your factions or allies, so that clans can still all fight together, just not across the entire map and you can only hire mercs who are relatively close. This would influence long term mercenary contracts, where mercenaries would actually follow the larger clans and actually be part of strategus.

Another cool concept would be the idea of a fully equipped order of knights riding up to two armies before a battle is launched and allowing each side to bargain for their services. Some people want to be able to play and fight for those who pay the most without making any formal alliances or signing their freedom away to contracts and treaties.

*Cough* okay one more! Imagine if ambushes could be implemented? A smaller faction of bandits could hide in a forest and ambush those who come too close. Ambushes only give the defenders ~12-15 hours of preparation instead of a whole 24 hours. (Remember AI would sign up for you automatically if you could not make the battle and hire mercs for you if you set them to do that. You still might lose, but hey, it wouldn't be a total loss.) Of course large armies (75+ or so) could not initiate ambushes regardless of how hidden they are. This would give more incentive for bandits/manhunters to play and have as much fun as larger clans.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #272 on: August 16, 2012, 06:55:27 pm »
+1
I doubt they are just gonna suddenly reset strat and then we have 8 hours on us to vote. They probably will say "voting starts on X of the X 201X and you got 8 hours after that to vote".

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #273 on: August 16, 2012, 07:27:42 pm »
+4
I doubt they are just gonna suddenly reset strat and then we have 8 hours on us to vote. They probably will say "voting starts on the first of december 2010 and you got 8 hours after that to vote".

fixed  :mrgreen:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2012, 01:57:32 am »
+1
More like, december

Let's go, space mod space.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline KillerofFlowers

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 43
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Emperor_KillerofFlowers
  • IRC nick: KillerofFlowers
« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2012, 06:07:04 pm »
With my luck the reset will happen while im on vacation

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #276 on: August 19, 2012, 11:56:43 pm »
is it december 2010 yet
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #277 on: August 20, 2012, 01:52:59 am »
is it december 2010 yet

Another year and eight months.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 20, 2012, 06:47:13 am »
+10
blanket ban na

december 2010

heirloom wipe next patch

the servers will be back up shortly

the new mechanic is working as intended

we the development team value the input of the community and want to work together to ensure a balanced and entertaining gameplay experience for new and veteran players alike
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Hansen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Carl_Hans
« Reply #279 on: August 31, 2012, 06:12:16 pm »
Mercs would be listed as unarmed, lightly armed, heavily armed, shiny, etc (as they would be on the map). If someone joins you "unarmed" you would know that they are unarmed and would default to using the gear you supply them with (if you choose to do so). If someone joins you "heavily armed" you would know that they are going to mean business and should be paid accordingly.

Also for my previous post, I forgot to add that you should be able to join battles at greater distances if they are your factions or allies, so that clans can still all fight together, just not across the entire map and you can only hire mercs who are relatively close. This would influence long term mercenary contracts, where mercenaries would actually follow the larger clans and actually be part of strategus.

Another cool concept would be the idea of a fully equipped order of knights riding up to two armies before a battle is launched and allowing each side to bargain for their services. Some people want to be able to play and fight for those who pay the most without making any formal alliances or signing their freedom away to contracts and treaties.

*Cough* okay one more! Imagine if ambushes could be implemented? A smaller faction of bandits could hide in a forest and ambush those who come too close. Ambushes only give the defenders ~12-15 hours of preparation instead of a whole 24 hours. (Remember AI would sign up for you automatically if you could not make the battle and hire mercs for you if you set them to do that. You still might lose, but hey, it wouldn't be a total loss.) Of course large armies (75+ or so) could not initiate ambushes regardless of how hidden they are. This would give more incentive for bandits/manhunters to play and have as much fun as larger clans.

I hope it would be like this.