Author Topic: Weapon Proficiency Levels  (Read 427 times)

Offline Frederick

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Weapon Proficiency Levels
« on: June 15, 2012, 07:28:47 pm »
+1
My issue with weapon proficiency is that the differences between each individual WPF point so marginal, that the difference between 130 and 140 WPF is neglibile with respect to human reflexes. In my opinion it would make more sense to implement a WPF system where there were fewer levels, say ranging from 0-10, [with a few extra levels for hypothetical but generally unused super-agility builds] Where each level is noticably faster than the next. I'm providing a HYPOTHETICAL way that this could be implemented but Do not focus all of your attention on the particular assignments I gave to each weapon mastery. 

Weapon Proficiency Points

Level 1 = 1
Level 2 = 3
Level 3 = 5
Level 4 = 10
Level 5 = 16
Level 6 = 21
Level 7 = 28
Level 8 = 36
Level 9 = 45
Level 10 = 55
Level 11 = 66
Level 12 = 78

This just shows the number of WPF points [seen on the right] required to purchase one single level of Weapon proficiency.

I am thinking that level 6 or level 7 is your functional "115 WPF", where the weapon speed is where the stats suggest it would be. Supposing 7 was your '115', Level 8 would be noticably faster than that, level 9 noticably faster than that, and level 10+ is your extreme range.

The key is that for each level, especially levels 6-10, there is a noticable increase in speed, one which could potentially make a difference with respect to actual human reflexes.

As I said before this is an an example, but let's say a level 1 starts off with 3 free points. You could implement a system where the player gets 1 additional point every other level. So ignoring WM and agility, a level 30 gets 17 WM points and a level 31 gets 18, a level 33 gets 19, and a level 35 gets 20. I personally regard it as fair that a player who hypothetically

Level 1 = +4  [4 total]
Level 2 = +4  [8 total]
Level 3 = +4  [12 total]
Level 4 = +4  [16 total]
Level 5 = +5  [21 total]
Level 6 = +5  [26 total]
Level 7 = +5  [31 total]
Level 8 = +5  [36 total]
Level 9 = +6  [42 total]
Level 10 = +6 [48 total]
Level 11 = +6 [54 total]
Level 12 = +6 [60 total]

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: Weapon Proficiency Levels
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 07:47:03 pm »
well, that kind of seems like the same thing it is now...you're just using smaller numbers.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 02:39:20 am »
+1
I think he wants a steeper curve after approx 130wpf peaking at 160-70 giving a bit more advantage to agility.

From what i understand the change in weapon speed beyond 140wpf is negligible. I don't know if this is true because I haven't ever gone past 144 on a serious build and I am very fast already, with  both rotation and blocking.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Frederick

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 06:54:34 pm »
I think he wants a steeper curve after approx 130wpf peaking at 160-70 giving a bit more advantage to agility.

From what i understand the change in weapon speed beyond 140wpf is negligible. I don't know if this is true because I haven't ever gone past 144 on a serious build and I am very fast already, with  both rotation and blocking.

Basically yes.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 07:58:47 pm »
I like your suggestion, but it is a very radical change and considering the devs are already planning to increase general combat speed a bit, it seems slightly obsolete or trivial.

But you deserve praise for the time it took you to put thought into the matter.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.