Author Topic: Path of Exile, the actual Diablo III  (Read 41337 times)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
Re: Path of Exile, the actual Diablo III
« Reply #330 on: August 21, 2015, 07:39:20 pm »
Basically people knew how to manipulate masters for over a year

and since we have no eternal orbs, they dominated the warband economy with GG crafts that nobody else could do and accumulated 72 fucking mirrors
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 21, 2015, 07:44:27 pm »
Crafting on POE will never be the same

People are just coming out with many exploits on master crafting now, and GGG says it was all intended

but the real drama is the people that knew these crafting exploits, they were in the same clan as GGG employees

there is massive drama and shitstorms going on

exalts on warbands are almost 80 chaos now

its a real fucking shitstorm lmao

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #332 on: August 21, 2015, 10:45:15 pm »
the thing i'm really disappoint at is that GGG allow the use of a private search indexer that keeps track of all items , equipped/stash of any character ingame and it sends data to you waaay before before poe.trade does.
I don't complain about the meta crafting method cause it was ingame from the start but ye , nobody used that apart that group of people that abused of it and monopolized the market.
but the use of a private indexer must be forbidden as third party program that's not allowed in the GGG's policy.

oh , here's an explanation about it --->http://www.twitch.tv/ghudda/v/11871329?t=10m53s
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #333 on: September 02, 2015, 12:38:57 am »
+1
So, umm... i think i overdid it this time

(click to show/hide)

Offline Radament

• King
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 02, 2015, 10:09:02 pm »
So, umm... i think i overdid it this time

(click to show/hide)

you need moar!

here's a detailed guide for crafting if you have patience to watch...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2778
  • Infamy: 456
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 07, 2015, 04:13:17 pm »
After three years and spending time with this game, I would like to ask forum moderator to erase part of topic title (the actual Diablo III). While this game is very different to Blizzard's Diablo III and does many things more true to actual Diablo series, have to say that is nothing like first two Diablo games. Severely lacking in charm, meaningful story and characters, with easy way passive skill net to avoid actual balancing work and many RNG focused mechanics that are added over basic RNG mechanics every Diablo-like game posses. This game is a monster, created by former Diablo moders who got carried away in their madness and race for more extra RNG bullshit they can add on top of original formula, such as loot chance changing maps you collect.

There is a reason why this game has been the way it is for past three years. "Bugged" one-hit mobs aren't bugged, never were. They exist in Diablo II mods of same creators, they are placed by developer by design. Also networking is garbage because people who developed this steaming pile of crap aren't skilled enough to program decent net code which will support as few as one mob and one player character without cause desync. They somewhat fixed this three years later with predictive mode which feels awful.

You are free to enjoy this game, since it is free as beer (no P2P elements). But please don't call it actual Diablo III, because that is an insult. Maybe even greater than considering Blizzard's Diablo III to be true successor to previous games.

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #336 on: September 07, 2015, 06:35:39 pm »
+1
Yeah, in fact Grim Dawn is actual Diablo III. It has that long lost dark feeling that reminds of D1.

My biggest issue with PoE is the crappy monsters.. the entire game is about fighting crabs and monkeys, and it friggin sucks when your superhero character gets compelety beaten up by a shoe-sized little critter.

Offline Umbra

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 08, 2015, 08:42:13 am »
Getting rekt and throwing a hissy fit on the forums, love ya Poe.  :lol:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 2447
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 08, 2015, 02:13:18 pm »
Nope, I don't play in roguelike mode. Only standard. Thing is that I'm playing two games side by side, modded Diablo in singleplayer and this online. Have to say modded Diablo is way better at core mechanics of aRPG, not to mention story, characters, general atmosphere. That is why I don't like when people call it Diablo successor, it is nothing like Diablo.

Dunno why you waste your time in hardcore when Brother Laz has a decade of "experience" adding "bugged" tiny mobs which have insane RNG damage, to the point where they will one hit you. Median mods are full of that crap on Hell levels in Diablo II.

Offline Umbra

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 08, 2015, 02:19:55 pm »
Nobody is forcing you to play it. Feel free to play Diablo if thats your thing

Offline Radament

• King
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 09, 2015, 08:46:53 pm »
must day i played a lot if not all hack&slash games similar to Diablo and there's anyone of them that can be compared of.
Path of exile is a very good h&s because it introduced an amazing way to build your char with the passives but it lacks in optimization and the lore is non existent ---> NOT COMPARABLE WITH DIABLO 1 & 2
Tried Diablo 3 yesterday (just to see how long it stays on the computer before being uninstalled) and i must admit they actually introduced a way to create builds with the re-implementation of the Cube and the possibility to "wear" some passive tranforming some uniques into it. It's still cartoonish like a Torchlight , i cringe when i'm fighting against teddy bears BUT ....the re-introduced the cow level!!! moooooooooooooooo. Yet it's still a mediocre game where items counts as the main resource of building a char and the lore is just a big WTF (at least for me). ---> NOT COMPARABLE WITH DIABLO 1 & 2
Grim Dawn should be compared with Titan Quest , it has nothing to be compared with Diablo imho (but it's a good game , clucky interface , camera etc but yet good).
The one i'm missing is Umbra (not you cunt :D) , an upcoming h&s with some very cool features ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz-xunEI1X0

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1820
  • Infamy: 701
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 10, 2015, 01:29:22 am »
+1
Diablo 3 is a travesty, it can't be fixed. Game mechanics isn't only issue.

Blizzard, in order to make their games even more appealing to children aged 5-12, created new universe which is very much like Marvel's. Mishmash of Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft and now this new thing called Overwatch. Those worlds aren't compatible. Diablo is (was) dark and mature world, for people who prefer horror games. Warcraft is a fairy tale like Star Wars, despite the fact it stems from brutal Warhammer universe. Starcraft is similar but it is darker in nature and very sci-fi. They don't mix well. But they don't give a fuck. Money talks. Therefore they make games with all major characters from their games and pretty much destroy those characters in the process (have you seen those childish Diablo skins or King Leoric in Heroes of the Storm?)

They don't respect their lore anymore, they transformed into Activision's puppy. Luckily for us, they haven't reach final form because Activision still doesn't allow them. The moment Infinity bullshit universe fails among children, they will start producing interactive Blizzard toys/avatars. But Infinity cow still gives milk so we are safe for some time.

Just because Blizzard has transformed into something not even mom can love doesn't make Path of Exile an epic action RPG experience. It might be best of the crop atm, but that doesn't mean it is great game. Just that other suck more.

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #342 on: September 10, 2015, 05:22:53 pm »
Diablo 3 is a travesty, it can't be fixed. Game mechanics isn't only issue.

Blizzard, in order to make their games even more appealing to children aged 5-12, created new universe which is very much like Marvel's. Mishmash of Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft and now this new thing called Overwatch. Those worlds aren't compatible. Diablo is (was) dark and mature world, for people who prefer horror games. Warcraft is a fairy tale like Star Wars, despite the fact it stems from brutal Warhammer universe. Starcraft is similar but it is darker in nature and very sci-fi. They don't mix well. But they don't give a fuck. Money talks. Therefore they make games with all major characters from their games and pretty much destroy those characters in the process (have you seen those childish Diablo skins or King Leoric in Heroes of the Storm?)

They don't respect their lore anymore, they transformed into Activision's puppy. Luckily for us, they haven't reach final form because Activision still doesn't allow them. The moment Infinity bullshit universe fails among children, they will start producing interactive Blizzard toys/avatars. But Infinity cow still gives milk so we are safe for some time.

Just because Blizzard has transformed into something not even mom can love doesn't make Path of Exile an epic action RPG experience. It might be best of the crop atm, but that doesn't mean it is great game. Just that other suck more.

That sums it up nicely. It's the sad story of most good games that got ruined when the companies grew bigger and bigger, and were forced to make more generic, more selling products. Sadly it sells because kids just buy anything. The rest of us can only hope that some indie group rises and builds up the real deal.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 2399
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 10, 2015, 06:38:47 pm »
Completely messed up franchises. Infinity is Disney's answer to original game concept, Activision's Skylanders.

Skylanders is one of pillar stones of Activisions money making machines. Other two are Blizzard games and Call of Duty.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 11, 2015, 01:12:29 am »
Diablo 3 is a lot of fun in its current state, they have done a lot to it, really enjoying it and playing it a lot lately. Wish I could say the same for poe, they just seem to keep shitting all over what once once a great game.