Author Topic: Increase benefit of each Horse Archery point by 20% - Please read.  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
Re: Increase benefit of each Horse Archery point by 20% - Please read.
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2012, 07:01:49 pm »
trust me when I say this, a 20% boost will not get us many more kills, it wouldnt at all guarantee headshots if you aim right. It'd only take some of the randomness away from the shot; it wouldnt even guanrantee a headshot.

No one is asking to make HAs a killing machine like pre level nerf :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2012, 07:46:28 pm »
Well, a compromise I could live with would be to increase the amount of horse archery skill points you can spend for your agility. 5 or 4 agility points per horse archery point would be acceptable, I think.

But first let's see how the developers will decide about the last archer neft, because there are good chances they will revert the changes, at least to a certain degree.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2012, 07:50:00 pm »
Well, a compromise I could live with would be to increase the amount of horse archery skill points you can spend for your agility. 5 or 4 agility points per horse archery point would be acceptable, I think.

But first let's see how the developers will decide about the last archer neft, because there are good chances they will revert the changes, at least to a certain degree.

I totally agree, it would even allow worse bows to be viable. My only worry would be making horsecrossbowmen too OP with that, since they have lots of free skill points to spend...

Some people have suggested dividing HA points into 2 different skill sets -an archery-only set  and a crossbow-only set
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2012, 08:31:29 pm »
I think it is very difficult to change the skill system, although WSE allows amlost everything.  :?

I can't really tell anything about the difference between horse archers and horse crossbowmen, as those classes always seemed equal to me, if anything the horse archer still being slightly favoured, as a lot of fast shots with less damage are to prefer over few, slow and powerful shots, in my eyes, as it is also important to regularly interrupt the enemy, and the results will always be closer to the statistic middle (?), chances are much lower you will have "bad luck" with your shots.

I think if the recent archer nerf will be reverted, everthing will be fine again, anyway...
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2012, 01:04:35 am »
Needs doing.