Author Topic: Strat Suggestion - Houses  (Read 757 times)

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
Strat Suggestion - Houses
« on: December 15, 2011, 04:00:06 pm »
+2
The suggestion is pretty simple but requires 5 initial changes to Strat to work
(click to show/hide)

So on to the idea itself :D  - Allow people to build ther own house in either a Village or Town

Building a House in a Village does the following
(click to show/hide)

Bulding a House in a Town does the following
(click to show/hide)

Further notes to avoid exploits
(click to show/hide)

The impact of this idea
(click to show/hide)

Further possibilities
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 02:15:15 pm by Tomas »

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Strat Suggestion - Houses
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 06:46:06 pm »
The suggestion is pretty simple but requires 5 initial changes to Strat to work
1) Anybody with 0 troops and 0 crates should be invisible to everybody else on the Strat Map
2) Crafting as it is now is removed from the game and replaced with the main house building idea below
3) Recruiting is changed so that recruitment rates are based on population and when you recruit troops you actually take them out of the population of the fief.  If you own the fief you can conscript troops on the spot.
4) Visiting Fees are removed and trade tax rates are limited to 50% and take 1 week to come into effect after they are changed.
5) You can only sell goods in Towns
None of these are necessary. Actually, I wouldn't want any of them to come into effect along with houses. The first one voids the ability to get rid of spies and people who are wasting efficiency in a fief. The second is incredibly vague, but if I understand it right, it would destroy the economy by adding a massive progression nerf in addition to chadz's multiple speed and gold nerfs. The third would make taking over fiefs childsplay. The fourth removes the ability to scare off people from coming into a fief and ruining efficiency. The fifth is another progression nerf to make a slow Strat even slower.

The houses themselves though are a good idea. It would make sense that house owners don't have to pay a visiting fee and add to the population. However, I think there should be a means for fief owners to either evict house owners, take a percentage of their profits/production, or just make things unbearable for them.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 08:58:34 pm »
None of these are necessary. Actually, I wouldn't want any of them to come into effect along with houses. The first one voids the ability to get rid of spies and people who are wasting efficiency in a fief. The second is incredibly vague, but if I understand it right, it would destroy the economy by adding a massive progression nerf in addition to chadz's multiple speed and gold nerfs. The third would make taking over fiefs childsplay. The fourth removes the ability to scare off people from coming into a fief and ruining efficiency. The fifth is another progression nerf to make a slow Strat even slower.

The houses themselves though are a good idea. It would make sense that house owners don't have to pay a visiting fee and add to the population. However, I think there should be a means for fief owners to either evict house owners, take a percentage of their profits/production, or just make things unbearable for them.

There is no crafting efficiency loss due to lots of people being in a fief anymore so your arguments against 1) and 4) are not valid.  Also there's no need to scare off people making houses, as the more you have the higher your fief tickets, the better your potential recruiting and the more you can make in tax.  If you really want to do it then raise taxes to the max and take half the gold they make.  That will soon move people out. 

Not sure what you mean by a massive progression nerf for 2).  Crafting is still there but is house based so that instead of there being clan crafters that give to their clan and get nothing in return, there are individual crafters that sell to everybody.  If you want to stop someone buying the goods/equipment, then wait until they have bought it and then stomp them in a battle or raid.

3) I see what you mean with 3 - so agree that can be left out with the current recruiting efficiency system being kept but I would leave in the conscription option for fief owners as if they do it their crafters will suffer and may leave.  I'll alter the OP

5) Is just something that fits with the overall theme.  Craft goods in a village, sell them in a Town.  Not sure how it slows anything down, you can still travel across the entire map to sell in the furthest possible town from where you bought the goods.  However it also puts more importance on Towns as you can make a lot of money by owning one and taxing the goods sales there
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:28:54 pm by Tomas »

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 02:23:11 pm »
I've lowered the equipment crafting rates in the OP to make them more reasonable.  Bear in mind that skill can go beyond 30 and at 30 skill you will be able to make 500-1000 gold per day if you make an item and then undercut the normal buying price slightly.  Looms meanwhile can potentially make you a lot of cash as they can't be bought normally and so can be sold for much higher prices.  The numbers used can be changed anyway but I just want to give an idea of approx figures.  The Strat -> cRPG gold conversion rate might need changing though.

For comparison a goods crafter selling at 20 gold will make 480 gold.

A further idea could be to link Town Buying Prices for goods to the number of equipment crafters in the Town.  Buying Price = 10 + #_of_houses_in_town.  That would mean that if you sell goods in a Town with 25 houses you will get 35 gold (multiplied by the distance bonus) for your goods.  I need to think about this bit some more though
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 02:25:29 pm by Tomas »