Author Topic: Cav Upkeep  (Read 995 times)

Offline _451_ATS

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Cav Upkeep
« on: July 13, 2011, 05:52:28 am »
I did my fair share of QQing when the patch was released for cRPG about the stabbing radius, but it's not hard to deal with it.

However 1.6k to repair a destrier, 1.3 for a courser? This makes these high-end affordable horses unusable in the game even with next to no armor or weapons and a constant x5 mod.

I feel that these horses, coupled with light armor and a lance (non-heavy) should be able to be able to at least make a small modicum of money, the upkeep and frequency of breaking is just far too high right now in my opinion.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
Re: Cav Upkeep
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 10:52:24 pm »
With a constant X5, you are winning, so you should rarely be seeing ANYTHING break, let alone the same item (horse) multiple rounds in a row. Either you're not really watching every round, or somethings bugged. Wins are supposed to offer a reduced chance of item breakage; add that to the supposed reduction in break chance overall (from the patch) and you shouldn't be having any issues on the winning team.

Maybe its bugged, but its more likely you're exaggerating :D I know price has gone up, but in theory it should be getting offset by lower chance of breakage.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 02:34:37 am »
Overall upkeep increased with the patch, overall equipment break even cost decreased. Now it's just a little more random with less chances of breaking and more cost if it breaks. And don't forget there's a new chadztext that makes you keep your multi if you "played well" (don't know what it's based on) and loose.

Offline Vlad007

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • My jousting Armour
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 06:05:00 am »
Totally agree.

I have Loomed Chareger. it costs 3.8k upkeep.

I only have like 13k.  I am not a power gamer and have a forty hour our a week job, a family, Dance and joust. So i dont have huge amounts of hours. I have played this char since C-rpg started and are 2nd gen. Right now i cant use my large war horse, loomed charger or plated charger. Its a little unfair when i saved up for bloody months to get these items.

I think some different upkeep system should be employed for mounts.

Like if it gets badly injured then you cant use it for 4- 5 rounds while it gets rehabed.
Death or Glory

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 08:44:01 am »
 :rolleyes:

Vlad. There are weeks where I work TWICE that. Use items in moderation and your fine.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 08:50:29 am »
Wins are supposed to offer a reduced chance of item breakage

I didn't know that, is this real? :O

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 02:39:53 pm »
I logged on yesterday to play a bit with equipment for around 44k i won just about all rounds in 3 maps and i still came out -2300 gold thx to the brilliant upkeep settings its impossible to make a profit unless u run around in rags and i dont even use a horse....
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 05:13:09 pm »
Gained 700 gold after playing 3 hours on the siege server with LOTS of x5's. I was using just over 31k gold worth of equipment.

Ouch.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 08:53:55 pm »
With a constant X5, you are winning, so you should rarely be seeing ANYTHING break, let alone the same item (horse) multiple rounds in a row. Either you're not really watching every round, or somethings bugged. Wins are supposed to offer a reduced chance of item breakage; add that to the supposed reduction in break chance overall (from the patch) and you shouldn't be having any issues on the winning team.

Where did you get the impression that winning now has an effect on item breakage? I havn't heard anything like that either on the forums or irc. Items break on a % chance per tick, so obviously there is a higher chance for an item to break the more ticks you get in a round. Wins/loss has no effect on it.

I have a hard time believing that the devs would add this in, it just leads to snowballing where people who start getting multipliers constantly roll because they can use the best gear without it breaking. Seems to fly in contrast to the entire upkeep system in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:55:05 pm by Beans »

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 09:59:47 pm »
I logged on yesterday to play a bit with equipment for around 44k i won just about all rounds in 3 maps and i still came out -2300 gold thx to the brilliant upkeep settings its impossible to make a profit unless u run around in rags and i dont even use a horse....

So anything under 44k equipment = rags?

Genius.

Plate crutching is the only way, anything that isn't plate crutching to make up for my fail is clearly rags.

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 02:39:38 am »
So anything under 44k equipment = rags?

Genius.

Plate crutching is the only way, anything that isn't plate crutching to make up for my fail is clearly rags.

If he was at 44k at 1x you might have a point. But if he was at 5x most of the time that is a big difference. That means he happened to lose most of those rounds he would need to wear 1/5 the same gear cost to get the same result. 8800 is pretty raggedy yeah.

You can't even wear plate and have a weapon for 44k come on, he isn't crutching on plate. I think he said he was a horseman too.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:40:39 am by Beans »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 04:02:25 am »

So you lost on average 150 gold per round. One tick at x3. One more tick at x5 and you would have profited 1500 gold instead.

Not nearly as broken as people make it out to be.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln