Author Topic: [RP] The Battles of the Hot Gates  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
[RP] The Battles of the Hot Gates
« on: February 15, 2016, 03:53:44 pm »
+18
(click to show/hide)

[RP] The Battles of the Hot Gates

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter.
A time to be born, and a time to die; A time to heal, and a time to kill; A time to sew, and a time to rend asunder...
Everyone can read the seasons, but only few can see through the fabric of time, and know that their time has come.
The time, has come.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The Wanderer King, Pogosan, finishes the last survivors of the village of Saren

There is trepidation in the men, while they conclude their dirty work.
The most distant trading villages of the feared Grey Bears are secured, without effort.
War between the Vagabond Empire and them is now a reality that can not be denied.
There is trepidation in the men, even glee... and a sense of apprehension of things to come.
These are only the first steps of the war, and the easiest; what will the future bring? Victory, or defeat?
There is trepidation, even glee... but also.... Fear... of what may come, now that the deed, is done.

Too late to turn back; the path you tread, must be trodden, to the last step.

The important trade routes to the south-west are now under the control of new lords, hostile to their past owners.
It is not only an act of war, but a blockade, with the intent of throttling the fight out of the warlike Grey Bears, busy in the Eastern Desert War.
So busy, it seemed, that they could not fight a two front war... or so they hoped.
Amid the victory cheers and the half buried corpses of their newfound enemies, a new order is given to the men.
The armies will not stop here, as planned previously. No.
They will plunge into the heart of their foes, due south, and deal as great a desolation as they can cause.

Far away, grey hordes of steel are annihilating the last holdings of the Knights Templar

News of the Saren desolation reaches far and wide, even to the barren desert in the south.
The war here is already done, only the bravest of the Order are still standing against the Grey Bears. Not for long.
Limited resistance is met with extreme cruelty; there is no prisoners here, only the slain bodies, and the complacent victors.
It is only a matter of time before the desert purge is complete, it is certain, but how could you tell, if you were dead?
There is no survivors to say how things stand, in this barren part of the Earth.
The Eastern Desert War is done, a new one already emerge...

Desert General Vovka is dispatched with all haste to deal with the "beggar" forces in the west

Unknowing of those facts, the triumphant host of the Wanderer King Pogosan, marches on.
The morale is high, the men having tasted blood, without having to shed much of their own.
The blow they struck to the Grey Bears in their isolated trading outpost have wakened their lust for more.
They cannot stop until they have completed the mission they have set forth from: to consume the lifeblood of this dangerous adversary.
Trade must be denied, the flow of gold must be stopped, and by doing so, the Grey Bears will become the true beggars.
They will be destroyed; once, and for all.

They march, again and again, past the borders of their enemies, and still there is noone to challenge them

War is easy, it is the waiting that kills. The vagabond army has entered the territory of the Grey Bears for many a mile, many a day.
Yet, no clashes of arms, no pleading of the conquered, no bestowing of large rewards. No honor. Only black earth.
The host begins to waver under its own weight: if there is no fight to be had, why are we here?
Their mind already poisoned, the soldiers continue to march, until one day they arrive at a particular spot in the desertic mountains.
To pass an army further, one would need to go through a narrow coastal passage.
While passing there, they spot figures in the distance...

"It is the enemy! The enemy is here! To battle formation!"

Did they appear from nowhere, all at once? Is it magic?
Only one thing is sure, it is that the might of the Grey Bears have found them, and they do not seem to be bloodied troops from a faraway war.
Innumerable fresh troops firmly place themselves in front of the host of the Vagabond Empire.
The soldiers prepare their defense, knowing full well now that their "invasion" was at an end.
In the face of the perilous threat, strategies are made so that the bulk of the army is saved from total annihilation.
They will use this sloped passageway to delay the enemies, while they safely retreat the way they came.

From behind the vagabonds, another host appear and approaches at a great pace

The time has come, and now everyone can see. The wanderers are caged in the trap.
While a third of them were battling the enemies forward, the rest had split into two groups, trying to retreat.
They now had to deal with the enemies that appeared on their back, in front of them.
What had begun as one battle, would finish as three: the Battles of the Hot Gates.
It was a slaughter left and right and center, the wanderers were surrounded, blocked inside the narrow trail that had led them there.
Only one very small mercenary group managed to exploit the chaos of the battlefield and survived the ordeal: this all is their account of the events.

The Wanderer King is surrounded, shielded by his best men: they will fight to their utmost, but it will not be enough...

Everyone is dead, the King is lost, the gates to the Vagabond Empire are open.
Flee, if you want to live.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:51:40 pm by Butan »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: [RP] The Battles of the Hot Gates
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 04:12:01 pm »
+4
Am I the only person following strat that still has no clue what UIF stands for?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 04:14:35 pm »
+3
Am I the only person following strat that still has no clue what UIF stands for?
United Independent Factions
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

pogosan

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 04:37:26 pm »

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 04:43:28 pm »
+8
You're the only one from EU keeping strat drama alive. Amazing :3

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 04:45:45 pm »
United Independent Factions

Haha, I had almost typed out my guess in my last post, and that was it. But after thinking it over it made no sense and was stupid.  :P

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 04:52:17 pm »
ps Use
Code: [Select]
[center][table]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table][/center]

for same margin like in a book

I prefer center for style, but I know that it is a bit painful to read for some so I will use this from now on :P

Offline Eddy

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OotQ
  • Game nicks: Eddy
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 05:39:20 pm »
+1
Haha, I had almost typed out my guess in my last post, and that was it. But after thinking it over it made no sense and was stupid.  :P

Well if you know the origin of the UIF it makes sense, but it doesn´t anymore  :P

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 07:00:13 pm »
great story )) really good
tho action with templars felt like proper war ) strategy and all.

hobos fell into simplest trap and as soon as they seen us they tried to run away, and one of hobos was asking vovka to let them go )
smell of fear from miles away.

saracens also fell for a trap and lost 1k )
when UIF looks at you

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 09:34:18 pm »
The war with the templars deserves entire chapters  :D  but I wanted to make a short story so I decided to transform it into a background element. No disrecpect meant to the Knights Templars who had quite balanced battles against UIF in the early stage of this round.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 11:53:43 pm »
+1
The war with the templars deserves entire chapters  :D  but I wanted to make a short story so I decided to transform it into a background element. No disrecpect meant to the Knights Templars who had quite balanced battles against UIF in the early stage of this round.

i think with ur skills butan u can make 100 vs 100 naked battle sound great )
when UIF looks at you

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 05:21:47 pm »
+2
i think with ur skills butan u can make 100 vs 100 naked battle sound great )

^nebun asking for gay love story.  commence!
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!