Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Sagremore

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
What is this?
« on: May 12, 2011, 09:55:56 pm »
What is this fabled strategus? How does it work? What is the point (other than to have fun and own n00bs etc....)? Why did it end? I joined when warband went on sale so this is all before my time.

Thanks in advance

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
Re: What is this?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 10:08:51 am »
This description helps if you've played the single player in Native.

Strategus was basically where players are the lords/vassals/kings/whatever in Calradia and since there are many clans that play they all try to compete for territory, much like the kingdoms in the native single player. If you aren't affiliated with a clan you can join battles as a mercenary. Back when I played the experience gained from strategus battles was....... insane, so it allows you to level quicker.

Offline Wildling

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 03:57:42 pm »
How do you join battles? ... Seriously xD

All I saw was 'battle' on cRPG strategus, but I couldn't join it - and there were no servers to find either.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 05:25:11 pm »
There was a section on the cRPG website with a list of batatles, arranged by the time in which they would take place, and the server where it was happening. If you wanted to join a battle, you would click on the battle, and ask the commander of whatever side you wished to join.

If accepted, you waited for your time-slot. At, for example, 1600 you would join the strategus server and help your respective team win. It's TDM style, done with tickets. Team one might have 1000 "soldiers" (tickets), while team two might only have 100 "soldiers". The only people participing in the battle, however, would be the ones who joined via the cRPG website. The 1000 soldiers/tickets are not actual npc's, but rather, respawns.

I only participated in one or two battles, since I wasn't in a clan, nor did I really have the time to do it. If your clan's in a battle at 1400, and you've got work or class then, you miss the fight.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Wildling

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 06:02:50 pm »
Wow, thank you so much ;) Wonder how the new strategus would end up ^^ Can't wait nonetheless.

1+

Offline Sagremore

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 09:58:00 pm »
yeah thanks!

Offline Gamerofthegame

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Desu, LLJK_McSteve, LLJK_Gamer
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 10:11:44 pm »
Those were actually quite helpful for the Steam sale crowd, thanks bros.

Offline Stokes

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stokes52, ArcherStokes, and now by popular demand: ThrowerStokes
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 10:57:24 pm »
Here's some fancy-cool maps that some community members made showing the faction territory control. As you can see they're different, since they are actually portraying two different time periods.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)