Author Topic: The kicking of attackers at Maras Castle  (Read 5309 times)

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
Re: The kicking of attackers at Maras Castle
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 09:13:55 pm »
+3
They are the same, both guys aren't willing to attack, and are attackers. You cannot prove one of them wasn't holding a ladder, and as long as that can't be proven they're exactly the same scenario.

Irrelevant. If warrior group X is inside your castle, their assault succeeded and you need to push them out. If however warrior group X is outside your castle and not doing anything after warning from admins, they are in the wrong.

I don't see how you can claim that they are exactly the same, even if someone had a ladder in their back pocket.

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 09:14:23 pm »
+6
They are clear.  Camping as attackers after time ran out is delaying and thus kickable.  It doesn't stop tons of drama and accusations of bias either way though.

So lets just remember this for next time. Next time we see the HRE and Fallen camp a tower at the end of their failed attack. We will wait for them to leave or get an admin to kick, if there is an admin on the HRE team that refuses to kick them then he is being bias and should be punished.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 09:15:13 pm »
+2
So attackers can decide to not bring ladders cos defenders have to come out?  :lol:
People are really funny
No, attackers should get banned and kicked for flat out delaying, whether it's in a tower or at their spawn.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Abay

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Steam: badbreaking
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Abay
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 09:17:14 pm »
No, attackers should get banned and kicked for flat out delaying, whether it's in a tower or at their spawn.
so having enough ladder is attackers' responsibility. u admit that
[17:48] <Vovka> thx chadz

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 09:18:58 pm »
so having enough ladder is attackers' responsibility. u admit that
Yes, never claimed anything else, but not having ladders and not attacking is no worse than sitting in a tower able to attack and not doing it.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2013, 09:20:56 pm »
Also I'd just like to point out. The defence at Etrosq castle. I remember when the attackers lost, around five remaining Templars run to the other side of the map and camped a hill, this was only about a week ago.

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 09:21:44 pm »
+4
The easiest solution to this, like someone suggested, is that attackers are automatically kicked after the time runs out.
That would be impartial and fair for everyone and Strat battles would happen more on time.

Offline Abay

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 09:23:56 pm »
Yes, never claimed anything else, but not having ladders and not attacking is no worse than sitting in a tower able to attack and not doing it.
Then why should defenders attack attackers while they have enough food and women inside? Think the issue realist and decide on it again please. You attack a castle, you finish your food, you got some illness in the army and you still camp near the castle. Will attackers wait for death or retreat? this kicking shows you retreat, right?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2013, 09:32:30 pm »
+2
The easiest solution to this, like someone suggested, is that attackers are automatically kicked after the time runs out.
That would be impartial and fair for everyone and Strat battles would happen more on time.

This would be lovely and solve most problems for this particular subject.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2013, 09:34:33 pm »
You can give me minuses Teeth but still I clearly see it. I was one of those guys who jumped to take down your ladders and I jumped on the spikes. Sometimes I didn't take any damage, sometimes I took like 40-70% of damage and sometimes I just died. But there is no way to jump down as a crowd and get no damage. You either jump in a crowd and die or you jump 1 by 1 and get killed by attackers who are camping there. Also your statement about defenders trying to get the maximum damage while jumping down is a total bullshit. Who in the world would waste tickets by just dying?

You also forgot about sky ladders and double ladders which were overused by your team. I don't give a shit about strat and sometimes I play for both sides but this time you're completely wrong. Admins were also wrong, I'd also ban those who used skyladders.

Offline Abay

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2013, 09:38:25 pm »
We better see the front now  :P

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 09:45:28 pm »
We clarified these rules like a year ago with Meow, cmp, whoever else so the NA admin team knew what was up.  I remember kicking a bunch of EU fallen for doing this same shit in an NA strat battle.  The rage and entitlement was hilarious.  BUT ON EU WE CAN DO THIS EVERY TIME..

Perhaps the EU admin team is biased as fuck in general?
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2013, 09:51:01 pm »
+2
Perhaps the EU admin team is biased as fuck in general?

This is possibly the first thread about slight admin abooze for EU. I've seen atleast 4 threads recently about NA admins.

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2013, 09:53:44 pm »
The fact that this hasn't been done already even though it's obviously a good thing leads me to believe we can't count on this getting implemented anytime soon.

A more simple and immediate solution is writing down an official rule that the siege ends if either the attacker runs out of time or retreats. With attackers being obliged to leave and admins allowed to kick attackers if either of these criteria is fulfilled. These are fully objective and clearly defined criteria, unline 'attackers should attack', seeing as some people here define camping a tower as attacking. Which should make it doable for any present admin to even kick his own clanmates if they refuse to leave. No more after siege delaying or camping.

But there is no way to jump down as a crowd and get no damage. You either jump in a crowd and die or you jump 1 by 1 and get killed by attackers who are camping there.
Heh, funny. Kinda similar to going up a stairway one by one and getting killed by the attackers who are camping up the tower wouldn't you say?

Also your statement about defenders trying to get the maximum damage while jumping down is a total bullshit. Who in the world would waste tickets by just dying?
Apparently you guys. Wasting 10 tickets to justify not going out to save some more tickets. Someone on your team stated in chat 'It's raining men' after which you all jumped in retarded manner from the wall which obviously showed little intention of surviving the drop. It was obvious really, maybe you were doing the best you could to survive, but some on your team surely weren't. A little effort in looking for a better spot to jump down could also have yielded much better results.

Anyway,

Think about adding this as an official rule. Clear as it gets, two objective criteria.
If the attackers use the retreat function or run out of time during a siege, the siege ends and the attackers have to leave the server

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2013, 09:54:31 pm »
+1
This is possibly the first thread about slight admin abooze for EU. I've seen atleast 4 threads recently about NA admins.

Yeah, the targeted multiaccounting bans, reworking of Strategus mechanics, the general attitude of entitlement and coziness of some factions to devs/"top admins" compared to others, along with not a single Turkish, Russian, or Polish admin that I know of, despite being some of the biggest communities in this game.

No bias at all.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.