Author Topic: Strategus rules  (Read 19686 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: Strategus rules
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 12:58:56 am »
+2
    1.2) Ladderplacement. For now there are no rules on unrealistic ladders, so they are allowed. (as long as you keep the other rules in mind)

Ladders from the inside, onto walls, so that more then the half of them are in free air, should be disallowed.
Not only defying physics, but neglecting the enemy to put ladders there as their own then get stuck in mid air and archers on that type of ladders are able to walk into the air so to speak and by that get firing angles which neglect pushes onto those positions. This for me counts to grieving.
But if not taken into the ruleset i will use it from now on to its full extent whenever i get the chance to do so(i will get very creative).

Also if admins wouldn't be aware of all these rules for strategus, it is no the players fault they don't know. So when admins are called to act onto these rules and wouldn't act on it, they are the not doing their job. Meow please make sure every admin who has admin power within strategus battles gets a pm with this ruleset.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 03:27:39 am »
Counter-laddering and ladders fortifications is allowed.
Each ladders cost money, and there is a limit on how many ladders you can have in a specific strategus battle (I think its something like 70?), so it is really only useful to protect/fortify a handful of places or tighten up a small area (like at Chalbek Castle where most of the latest complaints were made, where defenders retreated into the towering inner keep and managed to win by time) or any other creative ideas one can have  :P

More than halfway up in the air is too vague a rule to be set in stone; if a rule must be made it must be something easy to monitor, like : no ladders from x floor level to the same floor level (must always be placed to reach a higher storey). This would buff up the attackers a bit and would not be too hard to manage (except at the beginning when people need to learn a new habit).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 03:30:58 am by Butan »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 04:14:05 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)
i agree on easy, so lets say no ladders for defenders at all, that way also the problem with 50% gear for defenders should be balanced as defenders can't hold every time due to creative laddering.

They build stairs and walls and intersections and shit right into the castles, the ladders to interconnect are nice , but not by those who planed out the castles intended.
You want ladders for villages, everything below Medium for village defenses.

There easy.

And while you mentioned Chalback, well there is Slezkh Castle i was thinking of.
In Slezkh it was mostly because of the firing angles which denied many otherwise suitable tactics,
in Chalback the defender ladders denied us "laddering at all", this is by definition grieving. Well and the firing angles ... going up the stairs, while directly behind you in the air, fucking ranged has a great time shooting you in the back while the wind is blowing around their arses ... [sarcasm]great work defenders you really outsmarted us there[/sarcasm]

Another easy rule?
How about, dont put ladder over the walls as defenders.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:18:54 am by kinngrimm »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 09:50:49 pm »
Where do you draw the line at Kingrim?

Rindyar castle blows dick for trying to assault, there's exactly one "small" wall that the attackers can use ladders to get up, however spanning in front and to the side of this wall is a tower, and there's a keep on the other side.  If the defenders throw a ladder from the keep to the tower (which is about 30 meters above the small wall) any ladder the attackers throw get stuck on this ladder that is twice as high as the top of the ladder being thrown. 

It was extremely annoying as an attacker, but the defenders had a legit reason for throwing their ladder...what can you do there, ask them to remove it so we can throw a ladder?

It would be better if they were able to make it so that a ladder 1000 feet in the air didn't block a 10 foot high ladder from being thrown underneath it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 07:15:59 pm »
Where do you draw the line at Kinngrim?

It would be better if they were able to make it so that a ladder 1000 feet in the air didn't block a 10 foot high ladder from being thrown underneath it.

aslong there is no ruling, there is no line to draw, some castles/towns will be untakeable.
It can happen to everyone, this is what i try to show atm, when people are attacking fiefs and i have a say in the plans to defend them, it will be common practise. Not my fault that there is no a) other type of physics ladders nor b) a ruling that ladders where the second connecting point needs to be behind the mid of a ladder.

I am also aware that any ruling on ladders would be controversial and admins would need to look a lot at ladders ^^ till everyone gets used to it and would just do it as it should be. Then again ... where is this the problem from any player , faction leader ... none-dev/admin?

I am just pissed this is allowed the way it is used atm and i wont just let myself and my troops and gear , where lots of people worked for waisted while the ennemy wouldnt give a shit. With us this using this way now too, they are forced to give a shit, if they don't engage here to get another ruling ... then it will become commen practise i guess.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 08:32:28 pm »
wrong thread.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 11:30:00 pm »
+1
Strat map
          1) CMP's rules for not attacking your village to delay your enemy  - No longer applies to NA.
          2) Multiaccounting. It is not allowed to own and use multiple more then 1 account on strategus.
          3) Accountsharing. It is not allowed to log into other players accounts.
          4) Night time. Night time is different for each player, therefore there are no rules to the usage of nighttime.
          5) Itembombing a fief. Dropping a lot of items in an enemy fief is not allowed. It causes incredibly long equipment lists for the fief.

Needs to be edited - Rule #1 does not apply in NA.  We assaulted a city 4 times with 3 armies ready to attack it a 5th time.  Smoothrich had a faction membe (Blackzilla) attack the city before we attacked a 5th time and then did a fief trasnfer with no real losses on either side.  Three days later the attacker rejoined smoothrich's faction.  When asked for admins to do something - the response "they are not fallen and we dont hate them - so no nothing will be done, no carpet bombings for semenstorm"

So we requested a global ban for smoothrich and blackzilla for deliberately cheating based on these rules - no answer.

it is clear this rule is no longer enforced (at least in NA) so feel free to attack your own fiefs to delay an attacker's attack.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 09:29:35 pm »
+1
Would be cool if you post here after you edit the original post. This way its easier for us to see what rules changed.

(canary, cmp, other peeps that edit the original post)

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 02:34:25 pm »
+1
What about adding to the rules this:
Forbidden to abuse bugs. Especially that are well known for a long time.

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 12:16:27 am »
Wish some clarification would be made relating to cav spawning, or that the devs would look into fixing it.... but hey, I'm still waiting for the strat reset.  ;-)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 01:27:41 am »
Wish some clarification would be made relating to cav spawning, or that the devs would look into fixing it.... but hey, I'm still waiting for the strat reset.  ;-)

Known issue. It's a feature and needs to remain. I like my advantages!