Author Topic: New strategus map, EU/NA Split  (Read 28742 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: New strategus map, EU/NA Split
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 11:30:38 pm »
Coastline doesn't matter, coastal towns do. Those are 3:4.

So EU should bitch more amirite ?

Anyway, EU is more crowded than NA IRL, we can deal with millions of people living on the same spot, NA can deal with big cars, big houses, big crops, big portions at the restaurant and big debts.

Furthermore, you have the West Nordic Coast and the Middle East  :D

Realism ftw.

Seriously now, what's the deal with concentrated villages ?

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 11:32:15 pm »
The lands on the NA side are very spread out except some of the middle areas.

THIS is your main problem?  :lol:
Yeah, I could give you smaller land, really no problem, but don't come crying to me when that fucks over trading on NA.

this map will cause very little displacement of 'ancient territorial claims' for the big EU clans
100% irrelevant. People can claim whatever they want, that won't in any way affect the game design.

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 11:35:30 pm »
100% irrelevant. People can claim whatever they want, that won't in any way affect the game design.

The big man speaks the truth, what ever people claim it can be challenged. LLJK lands look pretty tasty though im sure there will be some fighting down there.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 11:39:14 pm »
+1
i predict map will look exact same as last time, but with DRZ in desert, and LLJK in snow.

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 11:40:31 pm »
i predict map will look exact same as last time, but with DRZ in desert, and LLJK in snow.

I shall move out from Yalen with 300 men and sit on that big red line like its a fence! I shall eat my popcorn and watch on with great delight!

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 11:44:08 pm »
I shall move out from Yalen with 300 men and sit on that big red line like its a fence! I shall eat my popcorn and watch on with great delight!

shouldnt you bring 1,000,000 men to intimidate the 300 NA players and demand earth and water from them?

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 11:46:01 pm »
shouldnt you bring 1,000,000 men to intimidate the 300 NA players and demand earth and water from them?

Im simply going for a walk!

Offline kukufarikki

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE
  • IRC nick: papikkikikki
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 11:49:50 pm »
+1
the desert is ours
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Gildiss
I saw Tears and Shik put a bag over Goatee's kind innocent head and put him into the back of a FEMA truck! WAKE UP CRPG!

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 11:52:10 pm »

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 11:55:12 pm »

Offline vinnytk

• Baron
  • Renown: 99
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA USA USA USA
  • Game nicks: USA_BARACK_OBAMA_AMERICA
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 11:59:40 pm »
Kinda sucks that you made the map favor EU so much but whatever.  We'll just take back the desert anyways

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 12:01:02 am »
+3
please say EXACTLY what the problem is. If you manage to make me see it too, I'll deal with it.

This is impossible to determine, because you claim there are new mechanics going into the game that makes it fair.

If this was the split in the last iteration, NA territories would be too spread out, making it hard to bring armies and gold together, while the EU territories just get to daisy-chain like a pre-industrial fire brigade.

Let me explain:

(click to show/hide)

NA would actually be two halves denoted by the big blue line, these are lines which isolate territories based on the old version of strategus where you could easily transfer troops from one side of your empire to another in a matter of seconds.

This is important for two reasons: It allows you to defend with a smaller force by being able to reinforce with your entire strength anywhere in the empire. Any clan would be unable to have territory crossing the dark blue line without severe penalties to defense.

Second, it allows you to bring reinforcements to any offensives you might have to territories you have recently conquered, trying to attack over an isolation line would be difficult, without caravans of troops and equipment flowing in.

Now this map isn't 100% accurate to the strategus map, so it is impossible to judge based upon just looking at this one. In the actual Strategus map the rift between Uxhal and Dhirim doesn't exist, but the isolation zones are still true in the north, as well as in the lower eastern corner of the map.

But if chadz has magically dealt with this problem with some unforseen game mechanics and there is similar benefits to having only 36% of the map, as EU clans would be able to heavily influence NA affairs via supplying troops, far moreso than NA would be able to meddle with EU. Then this post matters little.

Also, our dessert is still ours, it has merely changed flavors, the tundra is still a desert is it not?  :P

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 12:14:03 am »
This is impossible to determine, because you claim there are new mechanics going into the game that makes it fair.

If this was the split in the last iteration, NA territories would be too spread out, making it hard to bring armies and gold together, while the EU territories just get to daisy-chain like a pre-industrial fire brigade.

Let me explain:

(click to show/hide)

NA would actually be two halves denoted by the big blue line, these are lines which isolate territories based on the old version of strategus where you could easily transfer troops from one side of your empire to another in a matter of seconds.

This is important for two reasons: It allows you to defend with a smaller force by being able to reinforce with your entire strength anywhere in the empire. Any clan would be unable to have territory crossing the dark blue line without severe penalties to defense.

Second, it allows you to bring reinforcements to any offensives you might have to territories you have recently conquered, trying to attack over an isolation line would be difficult, without caravans of troops and equipment flowing in.

Now this map isn't 100% accurate to the strategus map, so it is impossible to judge based upon just looking at this one. In the actual Strategus map the rift between Uxhal and Dhirim doesn't exist, but the isolation zones are still true in the north, as well as in the lower eastern corner of the map.

But if chadz has magically dealt with this problem with some unforseen game mechanics and there is similar benefits to having only 36% of the map, as EU clans would be able to heavily influence NA affairs via supplying troops, far moreso than NA would be able to meddle with EU. Then this post matters little.

Also, our dessert is still ours, it has merely changed flavors, the tundra is still a desert is it not?  :P

That is a perfect summary of the issues with hard to reinforce territories.  Also, yes, I do believe a tundra is a type of desert.  Afgoonistan should maybe become Pakigoonistan or United Goon Goon Republic (UGGR) or Iraqigoonieland, to match the change in land color??
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 12:15:42 am »
CHAOS CLAIMS DRZ LANDS.

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 12:19:34 am »
CHAOS CLAIMS DRZ LANDS.

(click to show/hide)

Pretty big shoes to fill, lot of territory to cover.  Claiming all of their largest borders??
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo