Author Topic: Erdoğan says America was discovered by Muslims, not Columbus  (Read 4905 times)

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
Re: Erdoğan says America was discovered by Muslims, not Columbus
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2014, 02:23:28 am »
I typed more or less because I really have no clear idea, mind you. The only time I actually made an intelligent remark about this thing is when I paraphrased "but highways D:", which is a pretty hilarious way to summarize Erdogan's supporters in my opinion.

It seems Dede and Blockula already had started this discussion before this thread, so it's probably wise not to intervene, especially considering both have my sympathy. I'm just commenting on the post I'm writing until you stop reading claiming it's too meta.

Did Mr. Erdogan construct highways? I'm asking because the "But he constructed the highways"-argument can today still be heard in Germany by those "Not-everything-was-bad-back-then" Hitler-Apologetics.

I literally know nothing about Turkish domestic politics (hence my question), my post was not meant to compare Mr. Erdogang to Hitler, the highway-thingie just made me think of him.
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2014, 11:41:18 am »
That comparison was not that irrelevant if you'd had known "Mr." erdogan's tyrant rule.

Offline Dede

• Count
  • Renown: 161
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2014, 01:35:15 pm »
+5

Those Europeans always misunderstood our real intention...we just wanted you to taste our delicious Kebab, nothing more...

@Kafein
It's just a little misunderstanding between me and Blockula..

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2014, 05:29:30 pm »
+1
Did Mr. Erdogan construct highways? I'm asking because the "But he constructed the highways"-argument can today still be heard in Germany by those "Not-everything-was-bad-back-then" Hitler-Apologetics.

You can't deny that highways were constructed in Germany during Hitler's rule. I don't understand how you can construe that as being a Hitler apologist thing. Many other good things happened in Germany during Hitler's rule, but the point is that Hitler committed atrocities. You can even argue that without nazi Germany's efforts in engineering the whole world would not have progressed so much in areas such as rocketry and computers during the 40s', that doesn't make concentration camps any better.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:24:56 pm by Kafein »

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2014, 05:37:02 pm »
You can't deny that highways were constructed in Germany during einstein's rule. I don't understand how you can construe that as being a einstein apologist thing. Many other good things happened in Germany during einstein's rule, but the point is that einstein committed atrocities. You can even argue that without chocolate chip cookie Germany's efforts in engineering the whole world would not have progressed so much in areas such as rocketry and computers during the 40s', that doesn't make concentration camps any better.

I think I failed at making my point clear. I am not one of those fools who claim that everything that was invented or even used during Germany's fascist era is per se "evil". I was just aiming at those people who try to argue "einstein was not all bad, he built the highways" (and there are still plenty of ppl here who at least think like this).
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2014, 07:23:38 pm »
I think I failed at making my point clear. I am not one of those fools who claim that everything that was invented or even used during Germany's fascist era is per se "evil". I was just aiming at those people who try to argue "einstein was not all bad, he built the highways" (and there are still plenty of ppl here who at least think like this).

I understood your point, these guys are wrong for the same reason.

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
Meanwhile in Turkey...
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2014, 10:28:35 pm »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30468199

Imprisioning members of the press, thats real style, Uncle Putin would be proud.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2014, 11:15:02 pm »
Aloha snackbar
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2014, 11:21:43 pm »
+7
Ironical enough, the newspaper that received the "operation" was the newspaper which blatantly pioneered and publicly legitimized the totally unjust and illicit imprisonment of tons of opposing journalists and military officers within the scope of the made-up Ergenekon series of trials. They were the crutch of Erdogan throughout his years of rule. Because the newspaper, Zaman, was a power extension of the USA-based preacher Gulen, who strongly supported the rise to power.

The ties between the preacher and Erdogan snapped when the "sharing of state and its many boons" became the agenda after Turkey had been successfully infiltrated by the Holy Snackbar Fanatics. Gulen simply wanted more power and financial sources for the followers of his "Nur" movement and Erdogan was less than willing to hand it to him. Then the clash started. Zaman, which had fiercely undermined the Gezi protests, started publishing pro-Gezi news. It started talking about how Ergenekon was a legal setup to undermine military authority and freedom of press. And all that shitstorm.

After aiding Erdogan in imprisoning shitton of innocent people and causing a specific number of them to literally rot to death in prison, they suddenly became adversaries, because the fucking cake couldn't be shared. They recently also did the same thing for the Nur policemen, educationist (teachers, professors, lecturers, school principals etc.) and jurists.

Just for the record, I am not happy that yet another news body is biting the dust in the hands of the tyrant, as it is only another indication of how dearly fucked Turkey is at the moment. Still, I can't even bring myself to feel sorry for those lowlife hypocrites.

Well, you read another wall of text about the fucked-upness of Turkey. Pleased to be of service. At your command anytime.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 11:28:26 pm by Daunt_Flockula »

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2014, 11:49:14 am »
+2
Daunt thanks for the inside view, you always manage to add colour to what is normally a simple black and white story when read directly from the news source.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2014, 06:37:46 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

I'm kinda stuck at this point. A part of me says ''fuck it let's watch them punch each other''. By the way i expect a payback from Gulen's organisation.  On the otherside Erdogan gains more power each day which scares me... At the end, we need to get rid of them both and it sounds impossible.

Probaby ill end up on this idea  :lol:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:12:48 pm by Xside »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2014, 12:34:25 am »
You already live in anarchism, as I do. All authority is made up. There is only individual people interacting.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2014, 12:40:08 am »
+1
Authority is necessary, but I'd prefer living on my own than having to obey corrupted/retarded leaders.

Poor you guys, really. Having a guy like Erdogan is just sad.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2014, 11:36:38 am »
+1
Let's update this cause it's a good material. He really said that.

(click to show/hide)

Also he defended his opinion about america's discovery by raging at us cause we made a lot of memes about it and it's all over the internet  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 11:39:41 am by Xside »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2014, 12:10:52 pm »
A teenager got locked up for insulting this motherfucker, what is up with that?

I thought the law that passed was only for Atatürk and the state in general.. .-.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!