Author Topic: WPP Sum and Cost Formula Rework(Includes WM)  (Read 49299 times)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Re: WPP Sum and Cost Formula Rework(Includes WM)
« Reply #720 on: May 23, 2014, 03:09:42 pm »
+2
I had taken a couple weeks off cRPG, but NA2 was actually populated last night and I got to play for a few hours. The server was messed up in a way I'd never seen before (Jona was there, he can testify). It wasn't laggy in the traditional sense (where you feel like you are in pudding and everything reacts really slowly), but just "jerky". Animations would either switch directions halfway through or insta-swing. Direct hits wouldn't register, and obvious misses would connect. It actually favored me, since I shield block so I don't care if an animation switches direction halfway through, and my insta-swings and whiffkills made me feel like a Jedi. But it wasn't particularly fun.

I like the game being fast when the server/my internet are cooperating. But I feel like the servers are unable to keep up with the current animation speeds. I don't think we should slow everything down to compensate, so I suppose this is just a rant in favor of net neutrality. Everyone's connection is sh!tty now because packets for an obscure mod of an obscure Eastern European game are probably the absolute last priority for ISPs that have been given a blank check by the FCC to fastlane "big data" at the expense of consumer bandwidth.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 12, 2014, 08:41:26 pm »
Tydeus your fucking dumb as fuck bro. and the 93 other idiots that +1'd you are just as brain dead incompetent as our good ole balancing team.

AN ENTIRE REWORK OF AGI...ALL BECAUSE A HANDFUL OF PLAYERS PLAYED 36-3? WHEN THERE WAS ALREADY A LOT OF 18-24 USERS THAT WERE GREAT AND OP?!?!?

NOW?

EVERYONE IS 18-24!

WE MIGHT AS WELL HAVE A MESSAGE FOR NEW PLAYERS..."WELCOME TO CRPG THE EX-RPG, NO POINT IN ROLE PLAYING, GET 24 AGI OR GET OUT"

GG MOD, SHIT IS DEAD AS FUCK, THE OLD SCHOOL PLAYERS DONT WANT TO PLAY THIS ANYMORE...AND NEW PLAYERS SEE HOW FUCKING RIDICULOUS IT IS DAY 1

well done Tydeus, well fucking done u moron
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #722 on: July 12, 2014, 08:48:41 pm »
+1
I'm getting absurdly buffed. My main is 18/27 with 9WM.

I saw something like this coming, so I tried to suggest a workaround to getting tons of wpf where armor reduces the same amount of wpf at any point so high wpf builds can use a good 5-10 extra points and low wpf builds lose 5-10 points. It was my second time suggesting it much earlier than the date in the link. I guess we'll see how giving me 200wpf pans out.

8-)

Offline Lemon_

• Earl
  • Renown: 343
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 12, 2014, 08:59:15 pm »
Tydeus your fucking dumb as fuck bro. and the 93 other idiots that +1'd you are just as brain dead incompetent as our good ole balancing team.

AN ENTIRE REWORK OF AGI...ALL BECAUSE A HANDFUL OF PLAYERS PLAYED 36-3? WHEN THERE WAS ALREADY A LOT OF 18-24 USERS THAT WERE GREAT AND OP?!?!?

NOW?

EVERYONE IS 18-24!

WE MIGHT AS WELL HAVE A MESSAGE FOR NEW PLAYERS..."WELCOME TO CRPG THE EX-RPG, NO POINT IN ROLE PLAYING, GET 24 AGI OR GET OUT"

GG MOD, SHIT IS DEAD AS FUCK, THE OLD SCHOOL PLAYERS DONT WANT TO PLAY THIS ANYMORE...AND NEW PLAYERS SEE HOW FUCKING RIDICULOUS IT IS DAY 1

I'm 18/24 at level 30 and anyone with 8 PS+ one shots me with my 45 body armour.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #724 on: July 12, 2014, 09:01:14 pm »
+2
EVERYONE IS 18-24!

I am 21/21. Point disproven?
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #725 on: July 12, 2014, 09:27:08 pm »
+4

NOW?

EVERYONE IS 18-24!

For having English as your native language, your grammar has a few errors too many to be able to get away with calling someone else a moron.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #726 on: July 12, 2014, 09:27:47 pm »
I'm 18/24 at level 30 and anyone with 8 PS+ one shots me with my 45 body armour.
Some archers in EU have more body armour...

Skyrim UI

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 12, 2014, 09:40:34 pm »
+3
I am 21/21. Point disproven?

21/21 balanced master race. fuck strength scrubs. fuck agility scrubs. go balance or go home.

I wonder how many others are like me and pretty much agree with most all the changes that the balance team has made (other than making 3 horses 8 difficulty). Kind of amazes me that for such an aged game, new mechanics are still being introduced. I thought nudge would be a total unbalanced bust, but after the kick combo was patched it turned into a super fun new mechanic. I thought rolling would be a total unbalanced bust, but even though it looks kind of goofy, the mechanic itself is great and adds more to controlling your character.

I find the balance team to be knowledgeable and ambitious and cannot imagine them doing a better job than they already are. I honestly don't understand your problems Plumbo. Some people still go full strength, some people still go full agi, some people still go balanced. I'll agree that it seems like most of the population has worked towards more agility focused builds, and understand your frustration when you see guys backpeddling non stop, but I don't see how that makes the game so much worse than it was previously. Everything still feels like Warband to me, Native has the same problems (you Swadian bastards that spawn with a greatsword and no armor make me physically sick).

Strength builds still have their place in this game. If you want to hold a doorway, or the top of a ladder strength trolls blow away the competition. If you want to dominate the enemy front lines head on with a team at your back, strength builds really shine. I think your grievances stem from the belief that strength builds suck because good agi based players can use their superior movement and swing speed to quickly surround, or run away from you, and they generally have full control over the battle because they get to decide when to fight. That doesn't sound like imbalance to me, that sounds like a proper rpg that gives you choices on how to approach game play.

TLDR: Long live the balance team and wse2 programmers, keep up the good work, it is appreciated.

▲ ▲

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #728 on: July 12, 2014, 09:54:58 pm »
+2
I was too cautious, chester. Trying to get them down from 8 to 7 now after playing with them in-game for a month.

Offline Lemon_

• Earl
  • Renown: 343
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 13, 2014, 08:09:49 am »
Some archers in EU have more body armour...

not a archer? lol

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #730 on: July 13, 2014, 10:09:17 am »

NOW?

EVERYONE IS 18-24!

Dude, strength is still very strong.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Granted, I'm a high level, but I think the point stands.

Wait, after re-reading your post, it appears that you're complaining that 36-3 isn't a viable build. If that's true, I really don't have any words.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 13, 2014, 06:34:02 pm »
+2
Dude, strength is still very strong.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Granted, I'm a high level, but I think the point stands.

Wait, after re-reading your post, it appears that you're complaining that 36-3 isn't a viable build. If that's true, I really don't have any words.

umm no no, 36-3 deff still viable, still a couple of people using it...the thing is...Tydeus used this "str is OP" shit to buff agi AS WELL as nerfing str.

The nerf to str wasnt even that bad, shieeet with 13 ps and if you dont need any wpf in anything. It was the buff to agi i am pissy about. And dont take it from me that its easy as hell ive had lots of long time great players tell me how easy 24+ agi, Pulse of TkoV is a good example of someone whose opinion i trust.

B4 the agi patch, there were tons of diff builds out there, you didnt know what you were going to run into, it was kinda fun...now you do, 18-24 build IS EVERYWHERE, so many people use it and just spam people to death, Usain Bolts with long ass polearms EVERYWHERE

All because a handful, literally a handful of people were 36-3? ( seriously soo few , like less then 10 people doing it. )

Now there is STILL a handful of high str, and everyone else is some form of high agi. Another example of Tydeus trying to fix a problem, and instead of actually fixing it, he just makes a new bigger problem.
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #732 on: July 13, 2014, 06:46:25 pm »
Polearms and great swords are really large weapons, and you can use most of them with 18 STR. The selection for 15 STR characters is much more restricted and it is good like this, but I find we should further differentiate the requirements of weapons with 16 diff and more.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 13, 2014, 07:14:18 pm »
Polearms and great swords are really large weapons, and you can use most of them with 18 STR. The selection for 15 STR characters is much more restricted and it is good like this, but I find we should further differentiate the requirements of weapons with 16 diff and more.

^ THIS

With 18 str you can use pretty much everything in the game, any armor, and still be fast as hell with a great speed bonus to dmg. The pros and cons for 18-24 is crazy, there are almost no cons, and its no wonder so many are going to 18-24. It makes sense someone huge powerful and slow can use w.e. they want.

But Usain Bolt should not be allowed to run around in plate with a Great Long Bard, 1-2 shotting everything. Thats the same hits it takes someone with 24+ str to kill with a GLB, the idea you can do nearly the same dmg, AND move twice as fast, AND swing twice as fast AND wear great armor?

24 agi = being OP is not a conspiracy theory made up by ex str whores, it was great \ op even when I was 36-3 with 121 wpf. Now it is UNDENIABLY OP, and its no surprise at all that so many people are taking 18-24 now...and i dont blame them ( well, i try not to ) I blame the person who made it happen

Tydeus
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 13, 2014, 07:31:10 pm »
You could always lobby for weapons above 18 difficulty.

30 difficulty weapons/armor would be pretty lulzy.