Author Topic: HACKED  (Read 37314 times)

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
because this game is all about timing your attacks.
Its not only about timing. Its about footwork, different angles, reach, positioning, tactics, reflexes and sometimes even strategy.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
Its not only about timing. Its about footwork, different angles, reach, positioning, tactics, reflexes and sometimes even strategy.

But the point is Warband has all of the above + more

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
This, not even talking about the lack of hold attacks, only one, very obvious way to feint, no such thing as chambers and attacks mostly not interrupting the opponent's attack. Which makes the game very spam friendly. I managed to do pretty well in my first hours and mostly topped the scoreboard, did not require much blocking, which I've found really awkward and unpredictable. Got myself surrounded by 6 enemies and I engaged sideswing spam mode, killed all six of em. Well, interested to see where time takes the combat.

I noticed myself being really awesome at Warband though after two hours of this. Really ups your feeling for timing I guess. Oh and also, playing Warband after Chivalry was like crawling back into your bed after a really shitty day.

Servers were full of noobs yesterday, and for warband veterans is really easy to kill people without experiance in melee games, i do it all the time even if i havent any skill in chivalry combat, simply because of awareness, range control, changing targets in group fights...

I am waiting for duel server, to see how deep is 1v1 combat, but there are some very skilled players already, using feinting, delaying, jumps over block...and probably others i dont know now, that kill me all the time.

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
    • View Profile
+1
But the point is Warband has all of the above + more
No. All this things are important in noob fights but when you get to the point where everything can be blocked or chambered the fights are just ridiculous. When I duel in Chivalry I feel that all this things are important and can be used against my opponent in different ways. Do I feel the same in Warband? lol no. I can hit from different angles I can try to outreach my opponent get behind him but that wont make any difference. Block block block.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
+2
FUCK ME, i got home, started downloading and fell asleep, now i woke up and have to go to work FUUUU

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
+1
Looks like tincan with a long 2hander is still effective in medieval games  :|
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
Apparently, they will also make it so that feinting is done by blocking. Don't know why they had to wait for someone to suggest it to them in the first place.

thanks god, i didnt try to learn feinting with some stupid button. They are buffing warband players last few days with good 3rd person view and now with this. Original chivalry fanboys must be mad :D

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
Looks like tincan with a long 2hander is still effective in medieval games  :|
Vanguard Bardiche all the way. Well, if I could actually somehow unlock the other weapons, which happened to me once for one map, maybe I'd prefer a different one. Really though, reach and damage is so important. Hilarious to see all the short weapons miss you while you just have a 2 meter long radius of doom where everything dies.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
+1
Vanguard Bardiche all the way. Well, if I could actually somehow unlock the other weapons, which happened to me once for one map, maybe I'd prefer a different one. Really though, reach and damage is so important. Hilarious to see all the short weapons miss you while you just have a 2 meter long radius of doom where everything dies.

Vanguard Poleaxe (the last bardiche tier) or whatever it's called has an even greater reach, so lol. Just spam and outrange. Also you unlock new tiers every 10 kills with a weapon from that category.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
Vanguard Poleaxe (the last bardiche tier) or whatever it's called has an even greater reach, so lol. Just spam and outrange. Also you unlock new tiers every 10 kills with a weapon from that category.
Yeah happened to me for one map, next map they were gone again. Can't seem to be able to permantly unlock stuff. Or maybe thats the point, I dunno.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
Yeah happened to me for one map, next map they were gone again. Can't seem to be able to permantly unlock stuff. Or maybe thats the point, I dunno.

That's the point. Your unlocks reset every map.

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
    • View Profile
No unlocks are permanent. I unlocked everything and dont have such problems. Try joining spectators and then choosing class again, should help.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:04:36 pm by DarkFox »

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/4hnZ9/chivalry-medieval-warfare

EDIT:

Apparently you need to own at least 100$ worth of games on your steam account to verify account on steamgifts website.

EDIT2: - THIS ONE WORKING GREAT, JUST REGISTER AND YOU GET KEY RIGHT AWAY!!!

Non-EU keys: http://www.curse.com/betas/chivalry-medieval-warfare
EU keys: http://www.curse.com/betas/chivalry-medieval-warefare-eu

ahhh that's why this evening servers are full and a bit laggy...

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
This Giveaway has Ended  :lol:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
+1
I think I'm already bored of melee in this game... yesterday I found myself playing an archer 80% of the time, which says a lot.