Author Topic: HACKED  (Read 37337 times)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Kulin for president!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
Sweet, good thing i already had a Curse account :D

Offline Shpritza

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • STEAM
  • Game nicks: Shpritza
trust no one, question everything

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 1100
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Dunno what to think. It's interesting game, but I have so many issues with it. Maybe I'll grab it in six months to see have they fixed most of the bugs.

Hit detection is kinda weird, but I guess that's something you have to get used to.

I'll stick with cRPG, I guess.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
would wait until its on sale before i brought for sure.
Turtles

Offline Shpritza

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 42
    • View Profile
    • STEAM
  • Game nicks: Shpritza
imho it's crappy.

trust no one, question everything

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
imho it's crappy.

Better than WOTR, but can't even get close to Warband.

It's fun for a while, but I'd save my cash for Bannerlord.

Even with a single teaser out, I trust Taleworlds, and I see more possibilities coming with it.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
+1
Much better than WoTR, but M&B is still worlds beyond. It was quite laggy yesterday, don't know if it was the server lagging or everyone, I saw people (and myself) warping all the time. Hit detection was strange at times, sometimes the guy who killed me didn't even have his weapon close to me, now I'm not sure if it was lag or just bad game. The animations could be a bit more smooth, they often looked choppy and weird.

What made me really lol was when I picked up an archer, archery in this game is on Warband Native levels or even worse. Laser accuracy with massive damage, was 2 shotting tincans with bodkin arrows (1 if it's a headshot), you can move and still have good accuracy meaning you can easily shotgun people. Way too easy to kill people, had a KD of about 3 and I'm not even good at ranged.
There's two good things they have done with archery tho, the follow arrow camera is awesome and archers have about the same movement speed as other melee, meaning you can't kite.

The whole blocking system isn't that awesome, it really is just right click to block, maybe sometimes you have to adjust your camera a bit but that's it. Kicking someone looks ridiculous and unrealistic, it just pushes him back like you had the force. It looks like the skill ceiling isn't nearly as high as Warbands due to how the blocking/attacking/stamina works. Most of the time you're outnumbered (even if it's only 2v1) you're probably not going to come out alive.
I'll give them that chopping those limbs off or just mutilating a corpse feels awesome.

I did like the "game modes" a lot too, much more life-like if you have to kill peasants, ram a door and kill the king instead of capping a flag or a point.

Overall it's not a bad game, but I reckon it would get boring quite fast due to small size battles and shallow combat system.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:59:49 am by Vibe »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Vibe, don't forget the backpaddeling archers, and if you have a shield they wait untlil you attack to shoot you

(sometimes)  :mrgreen:

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
Hit detection was strange at times, sometimes the guy who killed me didn't even have his weapon close to me, now I'm not sure if it was lag or just bad game
Chivalry has extremely precise hit detection, way more precise than M&B. So its definitely lag.
archery in this game is on Warband Native levels or even worse
Archers are powerfull but way weaker then in crpg or native, mostly because sprint speed is fast and allows you to reach archer in few seconds.
It looks like the skill ceiling isn't nearly as high as Warbands due to how the blocking/attacking/stamina works. Most of the time you're outnumbered (even if it's only 2v1) you're probably not going to come out alive.
If blocking is too easy for you, that means you just didnt met the right opponent. Skill ceiling is way higher then in warband. I had fun dueles in warband when I just started to play, then it slowly became worser and worser. Chivalry melee combat is way deeper than you may think, imo deeper then Warband melee. I can be mistaken of course, you need to see in what fights will turn after some time, when people will have some skill. I could write a wall of text about why M&B melee mechanics failed and Chivalry has way more potential, but I am lazy and and my english isnt perfect. It reminds me how some years ago new players left warband servers saying that this game is laggy, has no skill, its all about taking the longest weapon and spaming with it.
 Though I would agree that Chivalry lacks variety. In warband you have cavalry, more weapon, more armor, more maps more more more...

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
+1
Chivalry has extremely precise hit detection, way more precise than M&B. So its definitely lag. Archers are powerfull but way weaker then in crpg or native, mostly because sprint speed is fast and allows you to reach archer in few seconds.  If blocking is too easy for you, that means you just didnt met the right opponent. Skill ceiling is way higher then in warband. I had fun dueles in warband when I just started to play, then it slowly became worser and worser. Chivalry melee combat is way deeper than you may think, imo deeper then Warband melee. I can be mistaken of course, you need to see in what fights will turn after some time, when people will have some skill. I could write a wall of text about why M&B melee mechanics failed and Chivalry has way more potential, but I am lazy and and my english isnt perfect. It reminds me how some years ago new players left warband servers saying that this game is laggy, has no skill, its all about taking the longest weapon and spaming with it.
 Though I would agree that Chivalry lacks variety. In warband you have cavalry, more weapon, more armor, more maps more more more...

I guess I am talking a bit out of my ass because I have only played for about 2-3 hours, but I fail to see how 3 attack directions, 1 block and some stamina has more depth than M&B's combat system.

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
My opinion after almost 15 hours playtime.

Chivalry has extremely precise hit detection, way more precise than M&B. So its definitely lag.

True

Archers are powerfull but way weaker then in crpg or native, mostly because sprint speed is fast and allows you to reach archer in few seconds.

True

Range mechanics are shitty here as in warband, ranged is only thing that really done right in wotr.

If blocking is too easy for you, that means you just didnt met the right opponent. Skill ceiling is way higher then in warband. I had fun dueles in warband when I just started to play, then it slowly became worser and worser. Chivalry melee combat is way deeper than you may think, imo deeper then Warband melee. I can be mistaken of course, you need to see in what fights will turn after some time, when people will have some skill. I could write a wall of text about why M&B melee mechanics failed and Chivalry has way more potential, but I am lazy and and my english isnt perfect. It reminds me how some years ago new players left warband servers saying that this game is laggy, has no skill, its all about taking the longest weapon and spaming with it.

lol, No
, but is full of exploits like warband and only few people know like use it now, so yeah som skill kill ceiling exists, but nowhere near warband
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:39:05 am by Kato »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 399
  • Infamy: 1668
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
+2
Warband directional combat feels more natural.

Left mouse button for slash, scroll mouse wheel up for overhead and scroll mouse wheel down for stab is something console ports have as control system. They'll probably release this on consoles.

Graphics are better than Warband but it's like in Borderlands, cartoony graphics. Doesn't go well with gore.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+4
I guess I am talking a bit out of my ass because I have only played for about 2-3 hours, but I fail to see how 3 attack directions, 1 block and some stamina has more depth than M&B's combat system.
This, not even talking about the lack of hold attacks, only one, very obvious way to feint, no such thing as chambers and attacks mostly not interrupting the opponent's attack. Which makes the game very spam friendly. I managed to do pretty well in my first hours and mostly topped the scoreboard, did not require much blocking, which I've found really awkward and unpredictable. Got myself surrounded by 6 enemies and I engaged sideswing spam mode, killed all six of em. Well, interested to see where time takes the combat.

I noticed myself being really awesome at Warband though after two hours of this. Really ups your feeling for timing I guess. Oh and also, playing Warband after Chivalry was like crawling back into your bed after a really shitty day. 

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+2
This game is cool but like leshma said the warband blocking and attack system is way better.