Author Topic: We Need Strat Battles - End the Drought  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Gryph_Hawkshade

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Thanks for coming out.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre
  • Game nicks: Gryphter & Rypht
We Need Strat Battles - End the Drought
« on: September 24, 2015, 05:12:11 pm »
Cmon, forget what I said about peace, lets start hating and get some nice big strat battles underway over the nxt few weeks please!

Ye bunch of panzy ass, yeller teethed, pimple necked, meat mustache, eau de toilette stinkin, cape wearing, tube steak guzzlin M-fErs!

Hopefully we get some nice even rosters for everyone involved... no joy to be found in outmercin or being outmerced, I just want everyone to have a good time on both sides and tear some shit up!
Man with hands in pants all day, feels....
Cocky.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
Re: We Need Strat Battles - End the Drought
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 05:49:27 pm »
+5
you are in a faction with 20K troops and one fief. Didn't you already notice who's turn it is to attack? :D

Offline Gryph_Hawkshade

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Thanks for coming out.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre
  • Game nicks: Gryphter & Rypht
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 09:12:21 pm »
you are in a faction with 20K troops and one fief. Didn't you already notice who's turn it is to attack? :D

Everyone stares open mouthed at Blackbird... Gryphty starts scratching their chinfuzz and lookin around.

"Daz iz gooten point."
Man with hands in pants all day, feels....
Cocky.

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 09:40:53 pm »
+1
Yes, please have more battles, tired of running around in NA1 and then getting couched, then shot to death by throwers and +3 crossbows.

And please fix EU, tired of running around in EU1 and then getting spammed by some AmoX dumbass
Best quote
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 10:19:43 pm »
Yes we demand, gib. gib.

(click to show/hide)
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 11:17:32 pm »
There is no doubt Acre and HCE have done more than their share in this round of strategus. If you wan't more from us then perhaps break up your mega alliance that is over 80% of the map and is carebearing  :lol:

No doubt your combined alliance has a massive amount of troops and silver. Perhaps you should should fight with them? We owe you nothing.

Offline Captain_Skinboat

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skinboat, Aquaman, KRAKEN VERY SCARY
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 11:41:50 pm »
+4
There is no doubt Acre and HCE have done more than their share in this round of strategus. If you wan't more from us then perhaps break up your mega alliance that is over 80% of the map and is carebearing  :lol:

No doubt your combined alliance has a massive amount of troops and silver. Perhaps you should should fight with them? We owe you nothing.

Excuse me, Derchios is owned by the free Skindinavian Army, and they have never attacked your shitclan of boobies

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 12:04:55 am »
+1
Excuse me, Derchios is owned by the free Skindinavian Army, and they have never attacked your shitclan of boobies
He's right you know, he attacked Rando's shitclan of boobies and Asstrails but not Gaycre

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 12:33:29 am »
Valid point actually. Initially I believed Anders was with us against EU and Rando was, thus my confusion.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 02:33:56 am »
+6
They need a game mechanic to penalize people who sit around with millions of silver and thousands of fully equipped troops. And make it more rewarding for those who risk everything they got on a risky or balanced attack.

This dry spell of no strategus battles is fucking lame. How am I supposed to retire once a week with no strat xp?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 04:03:26 am »
+1
They need a game mechanic to penalize people who sit around with millions of silver and thousands of fully equipped troops. And make it more rewarding for those who risk everything they got on a risky or balanced attack.

This dry spell of no strategus battles is fucking lame. How am I supposed to retire once a week with no strat xp?

Give me enough actives and I'll make a war. I got plenty of targets I would gladly hit.

Sadly, I have to work with like 5 guys. It's hard to wage a war against all but like 1 faction(currently) with that number. Can hold the castle though, but not much else.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 04:53:12 am »
They could just let us besiege castles and force occupants to sally out, call for nearby reinforcements to attack the besiegers, or endure starvation (loss of troops and maybe gear to) due to the blockade.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 05:27:14 am »
Give me enough actives and I'll make a war. I got plenty of targets I would gladly hit.

Sadly, I have to work with like 5 guys. It's hard to wage a war against all but like 1 faction(currently) with that number. Can hold the castle though, but not much else.

W0t? 5 guys is enough to hold the castle, make trade runs and have at least 2 people with an army outside the castle provided all 5 are active.

You only need 1 to hold a castle provided you have sufficient troops and gear.

Not saying you can take on the larger factions and necessarily do well overall 1v1 but you can do more than just hold a castle with 5 men. If you want to fight another faction, you'd have to work with other people. Just the way it goes with the number of people you got going on.

They could just let us besiege castles and force occupants to sally out, call for nearby reinforcements to attack the besiegers, or endure starvation (loss of troops and maybe gear to) due to the blockade.

It would be nice to have an option to do more in sieges to have more give and take. The option to have a sally and push the time ahead 6 hours so you might be able to surprise your enemy and take his camp (this would be lame though but if it was done right, might make things more interesting). Or let the sieging army try to starve or purposefully disease the population via water/food supply until a sally or a reinforcing army breaks the siege. But that's a bit beyond the ability of strategus.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 01:54:14 pm »
I was sure that there is such a mechanism and it is called "the end of the round," but it does not work  :P

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 03:48:53 pm »
+1
W0t? 5 guys is enough to hold the castle, make trade runs and have at least 2 people with an army outside the castle provided all 5 are active.

You only need 1 to hold a castle provided you have sufficient troops and gear.

Not saying you can take on the larger factions and necessarily do well overall 1v1 but you can do more than just hold a castle with 5 men. If you want to fight another faction, you'd have to work with other people. Just the way it goes with the number of people you got going on.

I'm the only "true" active. The others require like a hour of prodding to get 1 troop transfer done. Hence why we haven't done shit. Plus mortal bro's are playing mortal.