Author Topic: Analysis of Crpg  (Read 6073 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 1724
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Analysis of Crpg
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2011, 05:15:22 pm »
Heirloom an xbow, you'll be suprised :wink:

Tho, I hope they are gonna fix that.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2011, 05:32:41 pm »
Which one? I'm really considering that...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 07:01:21 pm »
You can upkeep over 30 - 40k gear and still make money.  Gothic plate is 25k.  You can wear plate every round if you don't go overboard on other stuff.  I think STR builds are more effective post patch because agi builds kinda cap out and people with agi builds don't hit as hard as they did pre patch. 

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 07:05:00 pm »
Heirloom an xbow, you'll be suprised :wink:

Tho, I hope they are gonna fix that.

light crossbow heirloom +1 modif gain like 12-15 pierce  ( working as intended ? ) obviously a huge huge damage increase

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 08:00:43 pm »
light crossbow heirloom +1 modif gain like 12-15 pierce  ( working as intended ? ) obviously a huge huge damage increase

This would explain a thing or two.

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 08:03:17 pm »
You can upkeep over 30 - 40k gear and still make money.  Gothic plate is 25k.  You can wear plate every round if you don't go overboard on other stuff.  I think STR builds are more effective post patch because agi builds kinda cap out and people with agi builds don't hit as hard as they did pre patch.

Exactly. Neither straight strength or power strike have a diminishing effect. Agility itself does not, but weapon master really does. One skill point past 6 and you get less then a 10% WPF increase with each investment.

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2011, 08:04:20 pm »
I am leaning for an STR heavy 1h/Shield build stopping at about 12agi.  So far, I've been doing pretty well once I figured out how to facehug 2h/Pole users.  The Shield really seems to interfere with the speed of the weapon swing though that may be hallucination.  I'm sitting at 15/12 currently.  Is heavy armour really going to affect my game for the better or can I expect positive results from my Kettle Helm, Brynie, Military Pick, and Huscarl shield configuration?

Offline Danath

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 06:38:36 am »
Haven't read the rest of the replies (probably all worthless), but great post by Formless, clearly this guy knows what his talking about.

And good point about the bar mace, one player in our server DESTROYS everyone with his Unblockable bar mace. Crushes through huscarl shields with ease. How that thing escaped a nerf is beyond me.

Good remaining points. Throwers are a plague now. Archers are just mildy annoying as always. Cav have disappeared, too expensive. Except for Palfrey and Rouncey.

Also 25 agi katana builds are a plague now also. I don't even try to fight them without a shield. They swing faster than I can click.

I am a hybrid polearm / 1h+shield build and I die a lot more often with less kills when I take out the german poleaxe instead of the 1h + shield. I am a decent manual blocker before someone makes a smartass comment.

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 11:42:25 am »
Haven't read the rest of the replies (probably all worthless), but great post by Formless, clearly this guy knows what his talking about.

And good point about the bar mace, one player in our server DESTROYS everyone with his Unblockable bar mace. Crushes through huscarl shields with ease. How that thing escaped a nerf is beyond me.

Good remaining points. Throwers are a plague now. Archers are just mildy annoying as always. Cav have disappeared, too expensive. Except for Palfrey and Rouncey.

Also 25 agi katana builds are a plague now also. I don't even try to fight them without a shield. They swing faster than I can click.

I am a hybrid polearm / 1h+shield build and I die a lot more often with less kills when I take out the german poleaxe instead of the 1h + shield. I am a decent manual blocker before someone makes a smartass comment.
Yeah, let's nerf every weapon if someone is good in using it.
Why 25 agi katana build? You mean 24 agi? With 24 agi they have 15 str, 18 at most and after nerf they use weapon that dosn't have real benefit, 102 speed dosn't change outcome of the fight that much for agi builds. There are other 2h swords that are way better than katana - miadao with higher reach and higher cut for the same price, heavy bastard sword for similar stats but 2 times cheaper.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 11:48:05 am »
when I retire I'll be going only strength, no agility.
Oh my god strength builds are amazing now, I run around with 5 arrows or 3 javelins in me and keep moving, while everyone else gets 1 or 2 shot by everything.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2011, 02:09:00 pm »
how really looks crpg now:

twohanders:
archers, cavalry and throwers are overpowered. NERF THEM! polearm users have too long polearms

onehanders:
throwers, cavalry and twohanders are overpowered. NERF THEM! archers are pain in the ass when some overpowered twohander brakes my shield. polearms have too big reach

archers:
we got underpowered. so either everybody needs nerf or we need more power!!!

ETC...

to sum it up:

2handers              1handers              archers                cavalry               throwers            polearm
how they are perceived                  overpowered          overpowered       overpowered      overpowered     overpowered   overpowered
how they perceive themselves       underpowered       underpowered     underpowered    underpowered   underpowered underpowered
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
sum                                                        0                                  0                         0                          0                    0                         0

if i ("+have"? my english is rather "rough") forgot someone, please tell, so i can do my very complex research and publish results
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 02:10:59 pm by FICO »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth