Author Topic: Raising/lowering water level/Testing with bots  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Voodoox

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Raising/lowering water level/Testing with bots
« on: June 27, 2011, 06:50:00 pm »
is this possible? :oops: i searched but didnt see anything hope this isnt a repost but probably is  also how do i test my map with bots i tried creating a server with bots but none spawned any help is appreciated  :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 07:58:32 pm by Voodoox »

Offline Cohen

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • HRE webpage
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Cohen_HRE
  • IRC nick: Cohen_HRE
Re: Raising/lowering water level/Testing with bots
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 09:21:15 pm »
is this possible? :oops: i searched but didnt see anything hope this isnt a repost but probably is  also how do i test my map with bots i tried creating a server with bots but none spawned any help is appreciated  :)

i don't think you can raise the water. at least i didn't find any options yet. mayby by reediting the terrain code, but i don't think so.

you have to set the max player to 64 and add an appropiate number of bots (i.e. 63.)
bots spawn afer 30 sec - 1 minute after you opened the server, so just wait some time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 01:20:50 am »
The only way I know to raise water is to create the river yourself and use the water object. As far as I know, you cannot alter any terrain objects that were created by the terrain code.

As for the bots, what Cohen said is correct. When you choose the map to load, type in the amount of bots for each team and they will spawn. I always max them out to see how the framerate is affected. And, yes, it takes a couple seconds for them to load into the map.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Voodoox

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 06:28:24 pm »
so question about bots are you playing as a CRPG host or regular warband? because i cant get them to spawn for some reason

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 02:07:15 am »
I make all my maps within my own mod, which is a copy/paste of native. Then I load up my mod in multiplayer and host my map.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Cohen

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • HRE webpage
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 10:50:08 am »
I make all my maps within my own mod, which is a copy/paste of native. Then I load up my mod in multiplayer and host my map.

that's exactly the way i test my maps.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 09:23:30 pm »
Did you put the correct entry points into the map? For battle, its 0 and 32.

Offline Voodoox

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 10:00:37 pm »
so steps to get bots

1. copy native
2.paste native and rename
3. make sure spawn points right
4. press multiplayer
5. host map
6. set bots  to 60
7. put 29 on 1 team 30 on other
8. profit?

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 02:06:18 am »
Don't forget to change the the Gametype to Battle. That's the only thing you missed in your steps. Otherwise, its exactly what I do. I just did this about 5 minutes ago and it took about 15 seconds for them to start spawning with 100 bots on each team. Oh and you don't need to leave a spot open for you so 30 on each team or 100 on each team should produce the same results.

Offline Voodoox

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 11:17:23 pm »
how do i get my map on the battle list?

Offline Cohen

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • HRE webpage

Offline Voodoox

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 02:57:50 am »
that doesnt help me with my problem i am trying to bot test but i dont know how to make bots i added another folder renamed it and started but the map doesnt show up on the list of maps (i moved the scene and scenes.txt to the new mod

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 12:01:02 am »
Have you tried loading bots in a pre-made map like Ruins?[

that doesnt help me with my problem i am trying to bot test but i dont know how to make bots i added another folder renamed it and started but the map doesnt show up on the list of maps (i moved the scene and scenes.txt to the new mod

Lets make sure everything transfered from your old mod folder to your new one.

1. In your SceneObj folder, you have "scn_my_shit_map.sco"
2. In your scenes.txt file, you have:

"scn_my_shit_map my_shit_map 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000002200005000005f57b00005885000046bd00006d9c
 outer_terrain_plain"

3. In your strings.txt file, you have "str_my_shit_map My_Shit_Map"

Notice how everything is named exactly the same. Concerning your question about Battle, I'm not sure if you are asking how to set the map to Battle mode or asking how to get the map into one of the active servers. For the former, on your multiplayer screen, where you pick the map, under that is the mode type. Drop down box to Battle. If its the latter, you upload the scenes.txt file(#2 in my list there) along with the .sco file from SceneObj into a folder and put it on mbrepository.com. Then send a message to Airith with a link.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 12:22:13 am by Kung Fu Jesus »