Author Topic: help for horse thrower  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: help for horse thrower
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 12:43:22 am »
Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 10
Shield: 0
Athletics: 0
Riding: 3
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 10
Weapon Master: 3
never get horse archery its a joke for throwing, but i stoped throwing on ponyback lol cav is easy mode, much  better being a man and just fighting or throwing on foot.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 12:45:50 am by Native_ATS »

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 12:53:09 am »
never get horse archery its a joke for throwing, but i stoped throwing on ponyback lol cav is easy mode, much  better being a man and just fighting or throwing on foot.

why is HA a joke for throwing? and like said earlier, I'm doing a dedicated thrower so no PS for me cuz I already have a pure 1-hander cav. And I did an infantry thrower but I hated how I was crawling when trying to back peddle... So to try something new I decided to use a horse and at same time it will give me the mobility I didn't have on foot with my first thrower...

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 03:22:56 am »
2-3 HA is good to decrease the dmg/accuracy bonus

Who/What is your main target? I used to plop around on a sumpter and throwing lances, aiming only for HA and high armoured users.

If other cav is your target, javs/jarids would be the best choice as you won't get as many opportunities to hit them. A good tactic is to hold your ground and use your horse as either a barrier or your sacrifice. Or, charge straight at the enemy cav and release just outside his lance's range. The speed bonus is going to kill him.

Against infantry, I suggest a steppe or sarranid horse, that way you can get right in their face and chuck something in it, while still being able to circle away just in case. If you're spamming into a crowd, war darts work fine. If you're really aiming at someone, javs/hvy thrw axes. The short range isn't really a problem, as a maneveurable horse will keep you alive.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 05:29:54 pm »
Hm, this sounds more cool than a HA 10 athletics hunting bow archer :o

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 12:30:06 am »
2-3 HA is good to decrease the dmg/accuracy bonus

Who/What is your main target? I used to plop around on a sumpter and throwing lances, aiming only for HA and high armoured users.

If other cav is your target, javs/jarids would be the best choice as you won't get as many opportunities to hit them. A good tactic is to hold your ground and use your horse as either a barrier or your sacrifice. Or, charge straight at the enemy cav and release just outside his lance's range. The speed bonus is going to kill him.

Against infantry, I suggest a steppe or sarranid horse, that way you can get right in their face and chuck something in it, while still being able to circle away just in case. If you're spamming into a crowd, war darts work fine. If you're really aiming at someone, javs/hvy thrw axes. The short range isn't really a problem, as a maneveurable horse will keep you alive.

good help :D

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 01:49:04 am »

This is a very very true post. Your damage bonus for higher PT will practically be equal to the HA bonus + you are better off horse.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 05:47:26 am »
Im trying stuff for throwing right now, i have my noob on horse throwing and i now just did another noob char. to try 10 ps with 10 pt with 3 weapon master to pump wpf in 2 hands. That way even if im crawling with 0 athletics ill ba able to defend myself in melee :) ill be using either the bar mace, long iron mace or the studded war club, the speed and range of these is great for weapons that can crushtrough and knockdown and with 10 ps im sure ill be crushinngthrough and knocking down a lot :D so my recipe will be <throw rocks at them and if he runs up to me, get my studded war club and smash his face> lol it already worked a lot of time at lvl 14 with like 4-5 ps so at 10pt and 10 ps it will be really funny i just cant wait lol!!