Author Topic: "Accused of exploiting Awlpikes"  (Read 8776 times)

Offline Food

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FOOD, AnimeGirl, BONK_BRO, Spam_More
Re: "Accused of exploiting Awlpikes"
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 03:01:57 am »
LLJK just ruins everything ban them all.

Also I like how it's possible to lolstab around corners and such but around a shield is impossible
Circlejerk (cool people): Literally_clan, Miley, Allers, Xenith_BRD, all_PIRATE_BROs, anyone with BRO in their name really, the Judges, HoboGhost_ATS, Wiegraf_BRD, like two LLJK maybe

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 03:05:37 am »
Ya, I was there when Ecko said it. Lol. (BTW, this is Enrique_BH, King)

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 03:10:33 am »
Ya, I was there when Ecko said it. Lol. (BTW, this is Enrique_BH, King)

Oh hey :P
DSM_King_IV

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 03:10:36 am »
DSM_king is very fast with his awlpike, but so what? You can't ban or kick people for using their weapons effectively, that's a problem with the weapon.

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 03:12:37 am »
Awlpikers are all leechers and dishonorable scum builds. I reccomend every ranged character shoot this man on sight to treach him to mend his way. He doest even bother to carry a shield anyways.
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Food

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 03:16:31 am »
^ What he said. Ban them all.

Walt_f4 is the worst player ever
Circlejerk (cool people): Literally_clan, Miley, Allers, Xenith_BRD, all_PIRATE_BROs, anyone with BRO in their name really, the Judges, HoboGhost_ATS, Wiegraf_BRD, like two LLJK maybe

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 03:23:25 am »
I was there.  You know what he was doing?  Attacking as fast as his ping and character would allow, blocking their attacks and doing his best to stay out of the range of his enemies.  Some LLJK members were just getting incredibly pissed that he was playing well.  The only thing happening here that could account for supposed "shield bypassing" would be excellent timing and maybe some ping discrepancies.  Hell, I was on my shield user for part of that night and the only time he "bypassed" my shield was when I let it down for a split second. 

They got into some argument about the awlpike being overpowered, as well.  It's certainly a good weapon (especially heirloomed), but they were taking it way too far.  It was a case of poor sportsmanship on the "victim's" part.  I did my best to stop his rampage, but he had 60 ping less than me, and it was really late, and I hadn't slept in 24 hours, and I hadn't used that character in a long time, and the sun was in my eyes.
Everyone knows LLJK are just goons trolling. Why would someone take them seriously is beyond me.

"Using mechanics with your awlpike", lol.

Trying to vote someone off because his weapon is "OP" yields to a quick kick (at least, heh) from EU servers when admins are around.

^  This.  Ignore the goons.  It's their server, they're going to be asshats on it about everything which includes someone playing well with an anti cav weapon (apparently in melee too).  Just play on the NA_100 the Hospitallers are running now, or the current siege/80 man servers from the dreaded admin abusers of ATS... where we won't kick or ban you for lawlpiking with skill (we love lawlpike squads!)
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 03:29:05 am »
O hey king its me ManOfWar, anyway you certainly are a pain in the ass, and it is indeed possible to get around manual blocks with the awlpike like the lolstab was pre patch, shields though it seems impossible unless the shield user drops his shield.
Just a soldier

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 03:47:04 am »
For the past couple of days, I have been enjoying using an awlpike to great effect. I have been doing pretty well with it. Suffice to say, people have accused me of using "Lolstab" - Which, I am pretty sure, is specific to the 2hander thrust animation.

Irregardless of that being true or not, as far as I know, neither use are considered an "exploit." This was why it was to my absolute surprise that when I got onto the ATS server today, I was told by Eckoll_ATS that I was "being watched for exploitive game mechanic use."

After asking him what that was about, I was told that "the other NA server reported that I was using mechanics with my awlpike."

I don't know what to say to that.

Wouldnt it be funny if i had the wrong guy...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Stokes

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stokes52, ArcherStokes, and now by popular demand: ThrowerStokes
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 03:49:25 am »
I don't know what those guys are talking about... I've noticed playing with you on the NA servers and yeah, you're quick with the Awlpike, but that's just good timing. The awlpike is strong, sure, but the fact that it can only attack straight on or from above severely limits its dueling capabilities.

Good on ya if you can use it well enough to get kicked from a server and piss off some @$$hats. Take it as a compliment.

Offline XavierX

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: XavierX, Tycho, Javier, Zeus
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 03:55:46 am »
Wouldnt it be funny if i had the wrong guy...

Why do the people in charge of the servers continue this charade and keep pretending like the Fallen NA server isn't LLJK's private party pad? Do you really think it is above Gaga, or any goon, to enable votebans and kick a player that is consistently killing them? On the ATS server we laugh and say nice duel. LLJK just calls you a my old friend and tries to poll you.

There's no awlpike exploit. It's just a fast stabbing weapon.

Offline Food

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 03:59:41 am »
Miley owns us all the time and has yet to be kicked.

Offline Litho

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 04:08:40 am »
Hey, lets wait to hear the other side of the story. I wasn't on at the time, but apparently enough people thought that this guy was exploiting to win a vote against him, and an admin agreed enough to turn on vote kicks. Goons have plenty of experience with being banned for bullshit reasons, and I really doubt that this guy would've been kicked unless tons of people (admin included) were sure he was exploiting. I know your raging hateboner for lljk might cloud your judgement, but try to look at the situation rationally here, and wait at least for lady gaga or some of the other people involved to explain their point of view.

Also, lol at everyone turning this thread in to an excuse to bitch about goons. Gorath and co are just pissed that ATS doesn't have exclusive reign over NA servers any more and people actually have other places to go now if they get banned for BS reasons.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 04:11:25 am »
I do not like you litho
Just a soldier

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 04:11:33 am »
Actually, Gaga enabled VOTEBANS, after which all votes failed. The reason the votekick passed was because about 40% (if not more) of the server was LLJK.

The allegations of "exploiting" are bogus. You have heard it from players on the server, and common-sense dictates that being able to thrust through shields, even using the "lawlpike" is not an exploitable mechanic.

Even moreso, nothing of the sort was mentioned during the kick and repeated bans. They only discussed overpowered thrusting. The first I heard of an exploit was two days later, when they apparently started telling other admins (namely Eckoll) that I was abusing some sort of awlpike glitch.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:15:02 am by Malicious »
DSM_King_IV