Author Topic: "Accused of exploiting Awlpikes"  (Read 8775 times)

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
"Accused of exploiting Awlpikes"
« on: January 11, 2011, 02:18:09 am »
For the past couple of days, I have been enjoying using an awlpike to great effect. I have been doing pretty well with it. Suffice to say, people have accused me of using "Lolstab" - Which, I am pretty sure, is specific to the 2hander thrust animation.

Irregardless of that being true or not, as far as I know, neither use are considered an "exploit." This was why it was to my absolute surprise that when I got onto the ATS server today, I was told by Eckoll_ATS that I was "being watched for exploitive game mechanic use."

After asking him what that was about, I was told that "the other NA server reported that I was using mechanics with my awlpike."

I don't know what to say to that.
DSM_King_IV

Offline Tungsten

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: "Accused of exploiting Awlpikes"
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 02:21:57 am »
All the polearms since the patch, at least to me, have been ridiculously fast in all their animations. I can pick up a war spear or long hafted blade and swing it around just as fast as my 2hander.
Tungsten_ATS

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 02:23:22 am »
Warspears have higher speed than 2handers,  :D - But yeah, this has nothing to do with balance, it has to do with being accused of exploiting for doing nothing other than any other player.
DSM_King_IV

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 02:27:02 am »
Details from Eckoll:

"First off...it has nothing to do with ATS

but LLJK has reported you doing some sort of awl pike exploit in which you can attack through shields. Thats all i wanted to tell you."
DSM_King_IV

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 02:30:43 am »
A lawlstab is just the reach around one can do with any stab. It was most pronounced with 2handers cause of the +80 range and speed, meaning you could start the stab with your ass to your opponent and still hit him. Of course, it's still possible currently but just harder. For example, using a pike you can curve it around corners and stab people just chilling there.

Offline Tornkik

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 02:32:52 am »
I only hate running into a few weapons on the battlefield.
  • Looney Toons Axe: Easy to defeat, but the damage+range is just ridiculous, it needs to be majorly slowed down.
  • Long Maul (aka Boulder on a stick) Slow enough to defeat, but crush through is dangerous.
  • LoC. For people who know how to use this, it is very dangerous.

The awlpike, although very dangerous doesn't bother me.

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 02:37:24 am »
Apparently it bothers LLJK though:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Last night they kicked me, simply for killing them repeatedly with the awlpike. Then Lady_Gaga enabled votebans. Then they attempted, and failed, to voteban me at least twice.

You can check the logs for the details on the server. The specific reason: "Lolstab is cheap." I have absolutely no doubt they are spreading this rumor about my "awlpike exploit through shield" - Which I can assure you could never be reproduced, because it is impossible. That would require me to hack the servers packets, or some shit.

Do I have any recourse to report the abuse, or do I need to suck it up?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:38:39 am by Malicious »
DSM_King_IV

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 02:48:29 am »
Wow. If true, that really sucks.

Offline Quake

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 02:50:44 am »
Trolling goons is very satisfying, I say you continue whatever youre doing.

Offline Tornkik

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 02:52:49 am »
Apparently it bothers LLJK though:

(click to show/hide)

Last night they kicked me, simply for killing them repeatedly with the awlpike. Then Lady_Gaga enabled votebans. Then they attempted, and failed, to voteban me at least twice.

You can check the logs for the details on the server. The specific reason: "Lolstab is cheap." I have absolutely no doubt they are spreading this rumor about my "awlpike exploit through shield" - Which I can assure you could never be reproduced, because it is impossible. That would require me to hack the servers packets, or some shit.

Do I have any recourse to report the abuse, or do I need to suck it up?

Wait, Lady Gaga is an admin? ...
If he was in on it and enabled vote ban's just to vote kick/ban you for killing them, I wasn't present at this but either you did something more to deserve it or it's more admin abooze.  :rolleyes:

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 02:53:51 am »
or it's more admin abooze.  :rolleyes:

I bolded the pertinent section. I am sure the head administrator to the server has complete logs.
DSM_King_IV

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 02:57:21 am »
Everyone knows LLJK are just goons trolling. Why would someone take them seriously is beyond me.

"Using mechanics with your awlpike", lol.

Trying to vote someone off because his weapon is "OP" yields to a quick kick (at least, heh) from EU servers when admins are around.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 02:59:23 am »
I was there.  You know what he was doing?  Attacking as fast as his ping and character would allow, blocking their attacks and doing his best to stay out of the range of his enemies.  Some LLJK members were just getting incredibly pissed that he was playing well.  The only thing happening here that could account for supposed "shield bypassing" would be excellent timing and maybe some ping discrepancies.  Hell, I was on my shield user for part of that night and the only time he "bypassed" my shield was when I let it down for a split second. 

They got into some argument about the awlpike being overpowered, as well.  It's certainly a good weapon (especially heirloomed), but they were taking it way too far.  It was a case of poor sportsmanship on the "victim's" part.  I did my best to stop his rampage, but he had 60 ping less than me, and it was really late, and I hadn't slept in 24 hours, and I hadn't used that character in a long time, and the sun was in my eyes.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 02:59:45 am »
More info please. Where/when did this happen?

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 03:01:23 am »
More info please. Where/when did this happen?

This would be very late Saturday night (early morning Sunday). It was the NA server that was not ATS, apparently, though I don't quite recall.
DSM_King_IV