Author Topic: "Balanced Team" for friendly clan matches  (Read 1558 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
"Balanced Team" for friendly clan matches
« on: June 07, 2011, 11:59:41 am »
hi mates,

as we had several friendly clan matches the last 3 months, we come to agree to many of the suggestion and restrictions other clans wanted for those matches.

To get clan fights organized faster and more easily where every one knows what we are talking about , the goal of this thread is to establish a so called and to be "Balanced Team" in this thread. Keep in mind it shouldn't be too restrictive as depending on what members are online and what alts they have you perhaps wouldn't be able to make a match at all.

spectrum of suggestions which can be used to create
a Balanced Team (8 vs 8)

<= 2 heavy armored (weight > 18)
<= 4 medium armored (weight > ?)
<= 2 ranged
<= 2 cav
<= 1 heavy horse (> destrier)
<= 2 chrushthrough weapons
<= 3 shields
<= 3 weapons longer then 180
keeping looted items for the next round only if the above settings aren't broken by it

please let me know what else you would include or exclude or if you would measure differently, i'll add those points which make sense and or are discussed and are agreed on mostly to the list. so that we will have in the end a template which we can use.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 04:05:36 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
Re: "Balanced Team" for friendly clan matches
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 02:26:14 pm »
If we are talking 10 people I like the Shogunate restrictions.

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 02:29:13 pm »
Aemaelius put them up here i'll do several section for 4 vs 4, 8 vs 8, 10 vs 10, 16 vs 16

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 02:52:15 pm »
Isn't the 180 weapon length unfair if you have 2 cav and want a pikeman? Why not 190?

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 02:53:15 pm »
Copied and slightly edited from the shogunate clan tournament.

1) No weapon restrictions in place unless agreed by both clans.

2) Armor restrictions: Only two players are allowed to take armors above Transitional. The rest of the team has to use Transitional or armor below it.

3) Only one heavy horse (anything above Destrier) is allowed.

4) Maximum of 3 ranged (can use multiple stacks and weapons). Exception to this are throwing lances, only one player may take AND use them. Only two archers, two crossbowmen or two throwers are allowed at the same time. You could take two throwers and one archer for example but not three throwers.

5) Maximum of 3 cavalry.  Horse archers, horse throwers and horse crossbowman/woman are counted as one ranged and cavalry unit.

6) Equipment looting is allowed. This means that the class restrictions can be bypassed if the enemy clan loots a horse or a ranged weapon.

Clarification: you can only keep looted items during the round you looted them. You cannot spawn with them next round.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 02:56:19 pm »
Isn't the 180 weapon length unfair if you have 2 cav and want a pikeman? Why not 190?

<= 2 weapons longer than 180

longer than 180

than 180

When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 04:06:12 pm »
modified to max 3 over 180

1) No weapon restrictions in place unless agreed by both clans.
doesn't apply here as we want a generalized Balanced Team

2) Armor restrictions: Only two players are allowed to take armors above Transitional. The rest of the team has to use Transitional or armor below it.
The weight modifier i used, roughly took the maximum weight not armor points into account, max weight/3, those 3 spectrum were then to be light/medium heavy, i am open for new calculation where the actual body armor value is included please post your proposals

3) Only one heavy horse (anything above Destrier) is allowed.
added

4) Maximum of 3 ranged (can use multiple stacks and weapons). Exception to this are throwing lances, only one player may take AND use them. Only two archers, two crossbowmen or two throwers are allowed at the same time. You could take two throwers and one archer for example but not three throwers.

5) Maximum of 3 cavalry.  Horse archers, horse throwers and horse crossbowman/woman are counted as one ranged and cavalry unit.
stays at 8 vs 8 with 2, but in any combination, 2 lancers, 2 HAs, 2 archers, 2 thrower or mixes ...

6) Equipment looting is allowed. This means that the class restrictions can be bypassed if the enemy clan loots a horse or a ranged weapon.

Clarification: you can only keep looted items during the round you looted them. You cannot spawn with them next round.

added a similar rule, i see that equipment looting can break the other rules, but if someone exchanges his balanced for a masterwork it is the profit of that round that a lower equiped combatant won over a higher tear equiped succeeded
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 04:07:21 pm by kinngrimm »

Offline Polobow

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 08:04:24 pm »

Bjord, i'm not sure what you mean by that, but i meant, cav with a heavy lance apply to the weapons over the 180 length. That means you can't take a pikeman with you ( long spear = 245, pike = 300 ).

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 08:06:21 pm »
Bjord, i'm not sure what you mean by that, but i meant, cav with a heavy lance apply to the weapons over the 180 length. That means you can't take a pikeman with you ( long spear = 245, pike = 300 ).

Well he did later change it to 3 players.

Sorry I was being rude :P.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Polobow

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 08:18:51 pm »
No problem. No point in starting a flame war.

I could start a discussion about the anonymousity(?) on the internet allowing everyone to behave in the way they like, but nobody wants to hear that.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 01:21:22 am »
It's better to have a weight value for the armor limits, as if you make strict restrictions on armors (like : not heavier than cuir bouilli over mail), some clans will fit nicely, and others will be screwed because the closest armor set they use is a little over that. With a weight limit, those teams can take lighter head, leg and hand armors to use their body armor of choice.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 03:54:57 pm »
It's better to have a weight value for the armor limits, as if you make strict restrictions on armors (like : not heavier than cuir bouilli over mail), some clans will fit nicely, and others will be screwed because the closest armor set they use is a little over that. With a weight limit, those teams can take lighter head, leg and hand armors to use their body armor of choice.
you think of counting the weight of 8 players armor sets together and make that the maximum over all weight for a match? however they then choose to ditribute it?