Author Topic: 5.3.7.0 Patch Notes  (Read 70206 times)

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
Re: 5.3.7.0 Patch Notes
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2018, 08:51:03 pm »
+1
Throwing axes also got a buff on their melee mode @bryggan. Could take some of those along with your jarids instead of the axe you bring. Gives you some more ammo and you still get an axe
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2018, 01:43:56 pm »
what about the 1h right swing? :)

left is the quick, shorter range attack and right should be the wide longer range attack.

when the "new" 1h right swing was introduced it was with the argument that it makes it easyer to hit the head and i think this is a very wrong reason to change the right swing. we lost the range that we used the right swing for to make it easier for noobs to hit the head, im sorry but its just stupid. learn to aim like we have to learn everything else in this game. i want my 1h wide flat right swing back!

i dont mean to offend anyone, i like several other changes this person made, but this 1h right swing is just very wrong and have always been very wrong, i hated it since day 1
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:50:36 pm by Sniger »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2018, 04:48:05 pm »
what about the 1h right swing? :)

left is the quick, shorter range attack and right should be the wide longer range attack.

when the "new" 1h right swing was introduced it was with the argument that it makes it easyer to hit the head and i think this is a very wrong reason to change the right swing. we lost the range that we used the right swing for to make it easier for noobs to hit the head, im sorry but its just stupid. learn to aim like we have to learn everything else in this game. i want my 1h wide flat right swing back!

i dont mean to offend anyone, i like several other changes this person made, but this 1h right swing is just very wrong and have always been very wrong, i hated it since day 1

That was changed by tydeus and without him around no one knows how to adjust animations (or rather no one is brave enough to mess with them). That said, the rightswing is still the longest reaching 1h swing and it can outrange any 2h or polearm of comparable length.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2018, 06:15:57 pm »
+1
How'd you manage to make throwing worse? The next patch should just remove throwing from the game entirely
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2018, 06:40:27 pm »
+5
Hahaha drown in your own shit thrower nerds

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2018, 01:19:06 am »
+1
How'd you manage to make throwing worse? The next patch should just remove throwing from the game entirely

I thought this patch just did.

I'm still not sure why they did this.  Throwers are few and far between, and pure throwers are generally easy to kill.  The several that they manage to land don't do a lot damage either unless they land a lucky headshot.

Offline fetus

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • some random turk idk
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2018, 01:02:39 pm »
+4
buff stones

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2018, 06:50:33 pm »
im sure i saw Ty reply in some thread very recently

...the rightswing is still the longest reaching 1h swing and it can outrange any 2h or polearm of comparable length.

the angle is wrong

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2018, 01:37:37 pm »
I thought this patch just did.

I'm still not sure why they did this.  Throwers are few and far between, and pure throwers are generally easy to kill.  The several that they manage to land don't do a lot damage either unless they land a lucky headshot.
I pushed heavily for a nerf on War Darts due to the incredibly broken builds that were being abused like hell and killing off EU.. EU's dead again now anyways so it looks like they succeeded in their aims anyways. I don't remember specifically in regards to other throwing weapons, I'll have a look back through our changelog to see when the other throwing stuff happened.

edit: nerf happend btw FUCK u cassi u shitstain get owned nerd bundle of sticks fuck loser
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 01:51:09 pm by Yeldur »

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2018, 02:33:58 am »
+2
Patch that broke the mod hahaha! You'll the worst
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Calmir

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2018, 02:44:57 am »
Patch that broke the mod hahaha! You'll the worst

scrub