Author Topic: Cavalry, making it take more consideration than just spawning with a horse.  (Read 5316 times)

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
Re: Cavalry, making it take more consideration than just spawning with a horse.
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 05:51:22 pm »
Pledge US$ 9,000 or more

Noble Clan Pack + all alternative models for all weapons, armors and horses unlocked (not the custom created ones) + we will send you Zimke's real Bascinet Helmet + we will 3d print your character and send it to you + King Badge!

ESTIMATED DELIVERY: Mar 2016

SHIPS TO: Anywhere in the world

Limited: 0 backers
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 06:26:52 pm »
+1
Pledge US$ 9,000 or more

Noble Clan Pack + all alternative models for all weapons, armors and horses unlocked (not the custom created ones) + we will send you Zimke's real Bascinet Helmet + we will 3d print your character and send it to you + King Badge!

ESTIMATED DELIVERY: Mar 2016

SHIPS TO: Anywhere in the world

Limited: 0 backers

too soon

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2018, 01:58:36 am »
+3
Good ideas. From what I see, there is no damage cap for cav unless you're ranged.

Horses have always been on an increasing scale of usefulness as you increase the difficulty. I actually severely buffed some of the lighter horses and they still aren't all that great as you can see. It's an interesting prospect to buff mobility, I definitely think speed at the very least should be improved though 55 is just meme tier.

Maneuver is the elephant in the room and is why some horses have such terrible speed. You can do some crazy stuff with a horse once you hit 44 maneuver, but the question is if it's really that bad.
With the bumpslash nerf, I personally think that cav have room to grow in terms of buffs, but it needs to be treated carefully. It will be tough to get other balancers to agree if the proposal is too egregious.

I have been using cav for nearly 5 years as well and even though the playstyle can be dumb, it's still a big performance booster. I think it should be made more fun without improving the performance too much.