Author Topic: 0.5.2.4: Auto-Balance, and other Balancings  (Read 15406 times)

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: 0.5.2.4: Auto-Balance, and other Balancings
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2018, 08:08:19 pm »
+2
Weapon weight also increases knockdown chance if it is below 2.0 iirc.

Offline Albus

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2018, 09:47:59 pm »
+3
Item name: Long Voulge
Why you believe you deserve compensation: Only used it to abuse the long length, 4d spin to win and now its useless to me

someone traded me for it
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:45:35 am by Albus »
"Nothing quite like the feeling of getting clotheslined by a six and a half foot longsword"-Brick_Cavity
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jufasto

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • let's revive cRPG back!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Jufasto
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2018, 09:52:31 pm »
+6
Item name: Deadly Mangler
Why you believe you deserve compensation: It got heavily nerfed, i am a new player and 3 looms points are important for me. Thanks!

Offline Zeus_

• The Best Caboose
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 447
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: Zeus
  • IRC nick: Zeus?
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2018, 02:15:17 am »
+1
item name: 1h morningstar
reason: stats are good, but the weapon itself is ass

nvm, i'll just use one of my 3 exchanges
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:57:34 am by Zeus_ »

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2018, 07:11:18 am »
+2
@Ikarus I want to explore other options in nerfing range count or finding a way to split it evenly amongst teams before nerfing range further. After monitoring damage for some time they are not that damaging in terms of solo effectiveness. (see my shield buffs and pushing for auto balance change) *may buff siege equipment soon* Pls use it btw it helps.

Also, your imagination is correct. Distance contributes to less damage. So does Elevation. Combined you have crazy low damage.

150 is usable in battle no doubt hell 100 is usable in battle but for how I play in strategus 75-100 m shots are my norm and I do prefer 185 wpf as it feels more reliable. 

I will respec and play as a level 30 build with 18 strength for a bit to see how I think it feels I know its already fine and dandy because plenty of people utilize this build already. (even with heavy crossbow) It is my main concern that increasing strength to 18 will effectively destroy level 30 options.

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2018, 08:08:38 am »
Then get less IF like everyone else who plays at level 30

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2018, 08:50:31 am »
+1
@Ikarus I want to explore other options in nerfing range count or finding a way to split it evenly amongst teams before nerfing range further. After monitoring damage for some time they are not that damaging in terms of solo effectiveness. (see my shield buffs and pushing for auto balance change) *may buff siege equipment soon* Pls use it btw it helps.

Also, your imagination is correct. Distance contributes to less damage. So does Elevation. Combined you have crazy low damage.

150 is usable in battle no doubt hell 100 is usable in battle but for how I play in strategus 75-100 m shots are my norm and I do prefer 185 wpf as it feels more reliable. 

I will respec and play as a level 30 build with 18 strength for a bit to see how I think it feels I know its already fine and dandy because plenty of people utilize this build already. (even with heavy crossbow) It is my main concern that increasing strength to 18 will effectively destroy level 30 options.

Crossbows and Arbalest among them are not meant to be a 50 cal rifle to destroy everything from point blank up to warband mapsize limit.
If you did some research _before_ doing changes rather than after, you would know that having 18-21 build allows you not only to have 170 wpf in crossbows with 6 PS but also have 3 free skillpoints that you can use for shield for instance.

If increase heavy crossbow to 16 strength - 16-24 build is possible on lvl30 with 8 WM, 8 ATH, 5 PS, 165 wpf in crossbows (which is maximum~ish effective wpf for that xbow) and 90 wpf in melee.
Even on lvl30 it's already powerful, yet I dislike the whole idea of balancing at lvl30 when everyone has higher lvl than that (I guess around 32-33).

Strength increase is just a one step. The second one should be the decrease of bolts per stack.

As I've said - I've done all the calculations for you before making any suggestions. Why not just investigate it or at least discuss instead of ignoring for weeks and making me insult you?

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2018, 10:04:10 pm »
Item name: Masterwork Executioner Sword
Why you believe you deserve compensation: i was using it because it was 1slot and was working fine on most of my hybrid builds but now it became useless to me, so if possible i would love to get an exchange

btw i dont understand why u did this and why u dont do the same for Lombardic Sword and Long Jian
(the weapon is on this char : Merc_BlackB_ThePimp)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:08:48 pm by Blackbow »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bob_Ross

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Church of PEPE
  • Game nicks: Pope_Thunnus_Obesus_of_PEPE Explosion_of_Tuna Sultan_Tuna_bin_Salmon
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2018, 10:15:21 pm »
Are you sure the stats on the Bishop's Helm are correct? Its armour value is roughly ten points below that of similar great helms, and both the price and strèngth requirement are ridiculously high relative to its armour value.
Friendship is like wetting your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2018, 07:12:12 am »
Crossbows and Arbalest among them are not meant to be a 50 cal rifle to destroy everything from point-blank up to warband mapsize limit.
If you did some research _before_ doing changes rather than after, you would know that having 18-21 build allows you not only to have 170 wpf in crossbows with 6 PS but also have 3 free skillpoints that you can use for shield for instance.

If increase heavy crossbow to 16 strength - 16-24 build is possible on lvl30 with 8 WM, 8 ATH, 5 PS, 165 wpf in crossbows (which is maximum~ish effective wpf for that xbow) and 90 wpf in melee.
Even on lvl30 it's already powerful, yet I dislike the whole idea of balancing at lvl30 when everyone has higher lvl than that (I guess around 32-33).

Strength increase is just a one step. The second one should be the decrease of bolts per stack.

As I've said - I've done all the calculations for you before making any suggestions. Why not just investigate it or at least discuss instead of ignoring for weeks and making me insult you?

Xbows lose significant damage over distance.  Shooting across the map is not recommended. It's not really worth it to take 10 hp from someone beyond 100 m.

You don't need to do calculations for me. Just because I don't post *quickmaff stuff* all over the forums doesn't mean I'm not capable. I also most certainly investigated your suggestions as all but one aspect was implemented to some degree. 

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2018, 01:49:45 pm »
+2
the current balance team is a joke, seriously.

I suggest 1 balancer from each class.

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2018, 02:46:25 am »
courser should go back to 6 difficulty at 4 its ridiculous with the speed bonus you can go 27/12 cav and just rek

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2018, 08:04:01 am »
+3
(click to show/hide)

hhhehehe

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2018, 10:11:54 am »
+3
Just put it back to the usual teambalance.
For some reason all the HA's and throwers now end up in the same team.
It actually does the opposite of what it's supposed to.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2018, 11:05:32 am »
Just put it back to the usual teambalance.
For some reason all the HA's and throwers now end up in the same team.
It actually does the opposite of what it's supposed to.

I may be mistaken: however I 'think' after our intial tests with the new balancer we reverted and you are currently playing with the old balancer as it was before we touched it.